Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:31:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Tribune - An Update Started by: Mary_Livermore on Mar 02, '08 16:20
I dont think the people commenting, i.e me are bothered wether or not a paper is produced. As my sausage freind said, it is of no benefit to write for the paper and probably more benefical to self promote yourself in the streets.

My objection is someone taking the job, then 'whinning' about how hard it is to find decent writers. Then the emphasis being put on the community and it is US who are letting the community down. When the majority of us, couldnt care less about the paper.

You want writers pay them very well.

Sausages idea.

Or let the thing die in peace with a distinct lack of dignity.
Report Post Tip
I find this absolutely disgraceful...

All these people bashing old Mary here, and you were the same people BITCHING and fucking moaning that the paper wasn't good enough because previous editors tried to do it themselves.

Get off your goddamn high horses.

If you want a damn paper, help.

I challenge all crewleaders to help out with the paper, have their members help out.

This is ridiculous. Before you criticize, realize that you're the reason why there is a problem. You'd rather argue, then write a well written article.

Report Post Tip
Personally I did not bitch or moan that the paper wasn't good enough. So I will not be categorized with the people that did. And you're correct, some people would rather argue than write for the paper, because well, they're just not that bothered whether the paper gets published or not. That's just their opinions, and though you may not like it, they are entitled to them.
Report Post Tip
I apologize for generalizing you Ellis, but at the same time, I'm tired of all this nonsense.

I hope you don't take it to heart.
Report Post Tip
I myself would rather wait for a good paper to come out instead of a short, badly written paper. I enjoy reading it for the simple fact that it will show a story from a more neutral perspective rather than a speech given by one individual. I also enjoy the creativity that is shown in the development of the articles and how they can show more of the overall story.

And it shouldn't be that creating a speech for the streets should interfere with writing for the paper; in fact, some of the speeches can be summarized and reactions can be recorded to create articles based ON the speech given. This allows for good street speeches AND a good paper.
Report Post Tip
Exactly what we need, more non-players giving orders/challenges to the Leaders, definitely not enough of that around.

Not everyone here complained about a lack of a paper. In fact, I would say the majority of the community and virtually all who have contributed to this discussion didn't partake in any complaining or whining about the old paper at all.

Please mobmail this to everyone who was involved in that discussion, some of the loudest whiners are still alive. For those who have deceased, I have some of their new super secret aliases if you need a hand finding them.

You would have thought with how many of the oldest bloodlines were making comments about Riley's paper that you would be inundated with writers. Guess that tells you something about them.

I'm tired of seeing editor after editor come out here and beg for writers. Stop putting the onus on us, when quite clearly, we don't want a paper. If we did, we would be helping you.

Ganelon, you clearly care enough about the paper to blast at us; I challenge you to write an article. You and the other 17 assistants. I'm sure that would fill a nice issue.

The prestige that may once have been associated with working for the Tribune has dissolved. As the other responses have demonstrated, if you want to entice new writers, you're going to have to be more original than relying on the declining reputation of this paper.
Report Post Tip
If you'd like, I'll make an announcement and for the next paper, I'll write about how you whine a lot if you like?
Report Post Tip
Go ahead.

Maybe after you can find some people the announcement doesn't apply to and give them a telling off?
Report Post Tip
I guess my general statement gives you major sadfaces huh?

I guess, your eheart is broken.

I still elove you though, for real.

And I'm working on that whining article np.
Report Post Tip
Your guesses were sadly incorrect.

I think similar such rants should be aimed at the people who caused them rather than the streets as a whole.

Good luck on the article though.
Report Post Tip
Why go to private when public so much better...

Like the old saying goes, if the shoe fits wear it. :)

P.S. I'm glad your eheart isn't broken, because then I would be major sadface. :(
Report Post Tip
I also would like to offer myself up to an interview, should anybody care. I will also be encouraging my new family members to concider writing something for the paper.

I think theMoney hit the nail on the head, we need some good things happening in the streets, which can then be reported from an outsiders perspective in the Paper. Isn't that the idea of a paper, to let people know what has been happening in one place. This could in turn persuade people who do not read the streets to do so.

Anyway, I digress, I think we have enough people complaining about things in the streets already. Give me a shout if you want to interview me and we can sort something out over dinner.

Ralph get's back to trawling the streets for other interesting things to comment on
Report Post Tip
Ganelon, you basically reiterated my point, just a bit more offensively.

You said "you were the same people BITCHING and fucking (naughty word!) moaning that the paper wasn't good enough because previous editors tried to do it themselves."

As I said before, I've never moaned about the paper, and I think the people that were "BITCHING and fucking moaning" should get involved.

Then you said "If you want a damn paper, help." Exactly what I said!

So, I'm going to take a seat next to Ellis if you don't mind :)
Report Post Tip
I think the only fair, just and reasonable thing to do is having a referendum.

It is time to go to the masses and see if a paper is desired at this present moment in time.
Report Post Tip
look at that :)

I said nothing :)

Yet..... so much WAS said.
Report Post Tip
It is largely down to any body fluid you expell is excellence which should be bottled and a unisex product my dear Rambo.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Tribune - An Update
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL