Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 01:06:04
Page:  1 
Naenia lets dance! Started by: Gaius on Mar 28, '11 16:50

Stepping out onto the front steps of his bustling headquarters, Gaius stopped for a moment to take in the fresh air before polluting it almost immediately by lighting a huge Cuban cigar. He chuckled at the irony before looking around. A knowing wink to Kurtz saw his left hand get into a car and a driver speed him away.

Mobsters were bustling in and out of the offices, a veritable hive of activity that only went to assure him, the decision he was making that day was the right one. For the family, for the city, for the future.

He strolled down the busy streets into a busy piazza he knew well and stood tall to address the crowds gathered there for the day's topical debates and news.

Nodding to his head of security, he watched as the loyal bodyguard plucked a pistol from his coat pocket and fired three rounds in rapid succession in the air getting his boss some attention.

Waiting a moment for the throngs of people to quieten down and assemble, he looked across the faces of the gathered and smiled as he saw Kurtz get out of the car with Drew, Naenia and a couple of the other crew members who started to make their way over to where he stood. Happy that things were in place he went on.

I know it has been some time since I last appeared in these streets and that, among many other things, is something I will rectify as time moves on. For now however I have a more pressing matter. With the well known upheaval our fine city of Detroit has endured in recent months, there has been almost endless rebuilding and repair work to be done. It has been a turbulent and emotionally draining period to say the very least. However, I digress...

Yes the reason I am here today is because we are finally reaching a stage where our fine hard working city is starting to grow and blossom once more. The headquarters are filling up and the various districts are a hive of activity. My own offices are overrun with industrious enterprise. Because of this I have spent a lot of time discussing the future with our city head InspectorGadget. He has authorised me to establish a Captain under my command to help diversify and strengthen our position in the city.

I have given this much thought and consulted a few of my closest advisers on the matter and although I have several worthy candidates, at this point in time, one name stands out.

Turning to Naenia, Gaius extends his arms and smiles.

Naenia, my father watched as you worked tirelessly for the late Godfather McDermott, never asking for anything in return and always lending a helping hand.

Gaius flicked the ash from his cuban and inhaled another breath of the toxic fumes

Naenia. You have been an inspiration to me and the family, working tirelessly for the family through this most difficult time. You have proven yourself to be outstanding in every way and I can think of no finer person to stand as my first appointed Captain in our fine city. It gives me great pleasure to hand you these keys and wish you all the best for your future along side us.

Handing Naenia a large set of keys he gives her a fatherly hug, lifting her from her feet. Setting her back down he smiled broadly and pinched her cheek with loving affection.

Now do us all a favour and get the hell out of our building! You're collection of junk is taking up way too much space and Drew has plans for your office already. He said something about a sauna but I'll believe it when I see it.

Wedging the oversized cigar back into his mouth, Gaius moved a few steps back while clapping and took a seat next to his assembled crew.

Report Post Tip

Oldboy takes a moment to step away from the poker table as the news breaks, he jumps to the floor as the 3 shots go off..Oldboy seems a little twitchy after being locked up in the poker rooms all these nights

Naenia, what can I say. You deserve this. You have worked hard for the family, and the city. Now you will reap the fruits of your labour.

Congo rats....I very much look forward to working with you, in continuing to help the city of Detroit grow and prosper.

Report Post Tip

InspectorGadget strolls along the street after listening to Gaius, walking past the nervous looking Oldboy, he steps to the front of the gathering crowd and begins to talk.

Congratulations Naenia,  i know that you have worked hard for this and i look forward to seeing what you can accomplish here in Detroit. As ever my door is always open if you need anything

All the best my friend

Gadget disapears through the crowd on his way to continue the remainder of the days work.

Report Post Tip

Walking over to his dear friend he hugs her and holds her at arms length smiling.

My dear. You have been the best of friends and agents for me. Your blood has always been tied to mine and long may that continue. I can't think of a more fitting member to take this step at this point in our expansion and I wish you all the best.

Handing Naenia a large wooden box containing some antique duelling pistols from the 1700s.

Please my dear, don't be a stranger.

Report Post Tip

Angel hugs her dear friend Naenia, and, kissing her cheeks, hands her a bottle of their favorite drink, and a beautiful antique diamond necklace.

My dear, I am soooo happy for you. You definitely deserve this. If there is anything I can help with please don't hesitate to ask. I will be stopping by your office to see how you are getting along. Oh this is a wonderful day. Once you are settled, we will have to celebrate alone.

Angel hugs Naenia again, and wanders off to celebrate the wonderful news.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Naenia, you sexy thing you! My grandmother knew your grandfather so it doesn't surprise me that you'd follow in his footsteps! 

<em> Lila gives Naenia a hug and a bouquet of flowers</em>

Good luck, you'll be wonderful!

Report Post Tip

Already reaching into his inner coat pocket, doogle pulls out two cigars recently smuggled from Cuba as he approaches Naenia. Catching her glance from a distance, doogle cannot help but break into a wide grin and start shaking his head.

Naenia old friend, I knew you'd do it!

He laughs as they shake hands and then hug …

Let me light that for you...there. You've been putting in the work since the day we landed in Detroit and began rebuilding an empire. It was clear from the very beginning that this day would come some day, and that day is today.

He takes a slow deep breath through the nose. Smells like success. I'm glad to be present for a day like this and wish you all the best as you embark on a new chapter in your life here in Detroit. I know you'll continue to do great things!

Knowing there was a long line of mafiaso behind him, doogle congratulates Naenia one last time and steps out of the way. He turns back and yells over the crowd: “And remember, if there is ever anything I can do for you, I'd be offended if you hesitated to ask!”

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Naenia lets dance!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL