Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:18:54
Page:  1 
House of Guiscard Started by: Naenia on Mar 28, '11 22:11

Naenia Guiscard blinked and took in the crisp air. The last vestiges of winter had not yet fully left Detroit, not that it was such a bad thing. While the snow had only recently melted away, the nights were still cold and only the warm rays of noon could banish such harshness. However, upon further reflection, she decided there was a stark reality in winter, a seriousness and focus that was lacking in the summer. With all it’s indulgence and warmth...

Looking back down to the journal in her lap, she brushed the old and slightly dusty pages with reverence. Having only recently found the book after rummaging around in her father’s old study, she had spent many hours in the last few days reading far back into the history of her family and it’s exploits. There were some questions that had been answered but some she knew would never be answered, some questions that were her own and some that had been left to linger painfully in the streets. Carefully turning the pages to the present day, her own piece of the journal, she placed some of her thoughts down and the events of the day. Whatever happens to her, at least a recording of her time involved in Our Thing would be preserved.

So engrossed in her work, she didn’t notice a small gathering of mobsters nearby discussing something in hushed voices for a moment. Leaning slightly towards them and catching a few bits of the conversation, Naenia realized she was the topic of conversation. Carefully closing the journal, she placed it back into a leather bag that was always near her and slung it around her shoulder. Rising from her spot against the wall, she made her way to the small group, shadowed as always buy scores of her bodyguards.

They conversation died as she came closer, to which she just inwardly shrugged at. Hello there. I couldn’t help overhearing you discussing some of my business, so I felt the urge to come over. Looking over the group out of one corner of her eye, she tosses over her leather bag to one of many personal bodyguards and turned back to the group.

It is true, what you say. Consigliere Gaius has seen fit to auth me as his first captain, in helping control the streets of Detroit as well as provide more space for his growing organization. Boom times for the Motor City, my fellow criminals, for the House of Guiscard now proudly stands amongst the Detroit powerful.  Slowly circling the group, she continued It was a difficult choice at first, with what history my line has and it’s recent...exploits. However, I will stay true to a few closely guarded values of my own.

Coming to a stop, a full circle taken around the mobsters, she idly tapped one man’s chest I am not my father. Grinning, she took a step away and turned to face what would be the Guiscard HQ. It was currently a large pit in the ground, though the beginnings of a basement were shaping up in one corner. One last thing before I take my leave, so word travels the streets. Potential associates who are eager to work for me need only know one thing. My harshness is equaled to my generosity. Of which either are always deserved and just. After all, I will be running a criminal organization, not a social club.

Report Post Tip

I wish you and your new family the best of luck. Noone deserves this better, and I know you will do great things. Please know I am here if there is anything I can do.

Report Post Tip

Octavian stands by as he watches his good friend Naenia announce and explain her new House. His lips curl into a smile at the thoughts of working next to this woman.

Naenia....lady Naenia...How good it is to see you in this bold suit of yours. It's been a long time coming. We've been through a lot, losing friends, changing houses, and much more, but you've always held your chin up and gotten through whatever our world could throw at you. It gives me great pleasure to see you reach this status. As underboss of Detroit, I will be proud to be working beside you. Show us what you got!

Octavian pats her shoulder before returning to his business.

Report Post Tip

Congrats to you and yours! I look forward to seeing what you bring to our fair streets.

Report Post Tip

Macho saunters in, with Slim Jim in one arm and a beautiful woman wrapped around the other.

NAENIA, OUR ANCESTORS HAVE BEEN CLOSEST FRIENDS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS AND IT REALLY MAKES ME CONTENT TO SEE YOU CARRYING ON YOUR FAMILY'S HERITAGE AND LEADERSHIP.  DETROIT HAS FOUND YET ANOTHER CREW LEADER TO CONTINUE ITS SUCCESSFUL CRIMINAL EMPIRE.

Macho takes a bite of his Slim Jim and continues on down the street.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity gives Naenia a hug and small kiss on the cheek when she greets her. Smiling at her friend she handed her some roses as a congratulations gift.

"Nothing short of well deserved, my friend. We've had each other for a long time now and nothing will change that! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will do wonderful things with this chance you have!"

Waving goodbye, she then headed off to continue her work as her good friend started her job as a new Detroit CL.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: House of Guiscard
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL