Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:59:25
Page:  1 
Pros and Cons -debate- Started by: MrJingles on Mar 03, '08 10:49
Afternoon folks *tips hat*

So earlyer today I was thinking to myself about what it is I wanted in this life, was it the dream of having a family of my own? Maybe being the best killer on the game or maybe the best jailbreaker, or mayeb own a bar one day that is second to none and even rememberd after my death one day. I thought and thought and yet couldnt come to an answer.

So i tried to some things up to see what i could come up with and I came up with this..

Auth - To have your own family sounds great sure and who doesn't like the fancy outfit that goes with it. Sure you could even own your own city one day and have the respect that comes with it from your family and city folk alike, but then I dug a little deeper past all the shiney things and started to think of the small print that comes with it and heres what I came up with for this..

You have to be responsible for each of your members actions which could lead to your death by some idiot, you have to keep everyone happy all the time with street rants/storys etc etc. So you manage to weed out the idiots and last a little while then what.. You have the issue of if you actualy start getting somewhere you will most likely be killed by someone who doesn't want you in power. You have little cults out to get you the odd hate mail and the stress of general day to day life.

So I thought abit about being the best killer and sure enough the thought of being great has tempted us all some time, but if you get to good people start to notice you become a target yourself, after all surely someone wouldnt risk authing you with the potential you have to kill them..? Even still before that far when you are in a family you are first on the list of your enermy to be shot since you are there most risk to leave alive putting all your hard work to waste..

So I tried to think about being a jail breaker, you all know the type the friendly lot of the game the anti killers. So I thought about it and as we all know with jailbreaking comes great benifits of quickly moving up the ranks around here. Then what though once again you are left a high ranker in a family sure you can bust anyone out of jail if needed but then you are left with a choice. You can stay with your family and be content and rank until you can rank no more or you can ask for auth which leads us back to the begining thought...

Leaving me with the thought of starting a bar like no other before it, sure this would take some time and also it would take alot of work to get the right faces to show up there to actract more people, maybe even some money out of my own pocket to get them over to the bar and make them feel comfortable. Taking the risk of it not kicking off like hoped with my bar then going down the pages of history to be nothing more then a waste of time an effort.

Now I know these are not 100% fact on how things can go but mearly one mans opinions so I just wonderd what you all thought about things and how you would want things to turn out for you, but before you give your answer also think of all the cons that come with it.

Theres an old saying that the grass is always greener on the other side.

Peace out folks

MrJingles
Report Post Tip
Pretty well said, Mr Jingles. As you pointed out, there are pros and cons to every path we choose to take, and in every endeavour we make. I guess then, it just comes down to which path you think carries the most advantages. Some people believe that the pros of being a Family head outweigh the cons, while others believe that being an astute marksman carries fewer disadvantages than the role of being a leader carries. Each to their own, as the saying goes.

The element of risk also plays a significant part in which life we choose to live. Much like the 'survival of the fittest' theory, some people decide to take chances and risks while others do not. The fortunate ones can often excel at the role they play, becoming the strongest Family head or becoming the best hitter. Meanwhile those that are less fortunate in their risk-taking can often end up swimming with the fishes. Then there's another type, many of these spending most of their day busting mobsters out of jail, who choose not to take risks, and instead play a careful game while working their way up the political hierarchy.

Perhaps then, at the end of the day the path we choose to take is mostly determined by our personalities and the type of people we are. Some of us enjoy the thrill of power, glory and risk, while others prefer to fade quietly into the background, taking their opportunities as they come. No one-definite path is the best to take, and the decision is ours to make.

*tips his hat and walks quietly on*
Report Post Tip
I wish i was Ellis.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Pros and Cons -debate-
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL