Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:07:36
Page:  1 
A Debate, Family Skipping Started by: LouisGato on Mar 03, '08 13:38
Wearing his same straight, cream suit, Louis quietly smokes a cigarette on a street corner in New Orleans, watching the sun slowly set on the winter afternoon. His hands were cold and slightly uncoordinated but his thoughts were clear as day, something had been bugging him for a while now and it was time to take the topic to the community

"I have taken great pleasure in touring these United States, as I have taken pleasure in the line of work left to me by my father. I have seen many great families in these great cities, and as far as I am aware, there are different... 'types' of this thing of ours, let it just be said that those hearing this are part of the same type, should the dabble in the others, well I don't know"

"Though I have never witnessed a war myself, I have been so lucky as to watch a peaceful up rising of the various different power sources and am lucky enough to be part of one myself. It has come to my attention that should a war ever break out, that the survivors of the Family that looses, quickly recruit into a new family, more than often the same one that destroyed their own"

"I am also aware now that in other worlds, this might not happen, and the entire of the crew would be dismantled and destroyed, sometimes in fear of retribution, should the survivors re-group and rise up against them, or for more self involved reasons, like target practice"

"My question is this, at what stage within a family are you no longer eligible to find a new home within another crew, is it about your rank? Or relationship with the family head? Does the removal of a family head really mean the end of the family in itself? I know should I ever make it to crew leader, that when I fall I would expect a son, brother, or very close associate who has helped me over the years to take command and restore order"

"Does the removal of a family head have to mean the destruction of something so well built, so closely knit together just because of the rules and morals of that one man, or should another be allowed to take the helm?"
Report Post Tip
If you are Earner, or below i shouldnt imagine you would be killed unless you have been shooting during the war.

WG and above fairly easy to justify killing them, if needed.
Report Post Tip
I think it comes down to a wide variety of reasons, not just rank. Your bloodline, known abilities, actions during the war etc all play a part in whether you are allowed to integrate into another family (if CLs have been at war, rather than one taken down by a rogue, it's unlikely that the fallen family would be allowed a new head and to continue).

To be honest, if your CL is attacked then you should be helping out whether it's with protection, banking, wacking or whatever. This means that you're a legitimate target, irrespective of rank.

In my very humble opinion, there are two fundamental (and moral) rules to family skipping - 1. if a CL takes out your boss, you definitely shouldn't be jumping into his HQ. 2. if you are made, you should be laying down your life to either protect your boss or avenge their death.
Report Post Tip
It also depends on your leader and the type of war it is. Some of my past ancestors were told by thier leader to safe themself the end is near, they even arranged another crew to start taking in his members before he was killed. We don't always know why high ranks switch crews, but that is up to the leaders to decide are faith.
Report Post Tip
I believe Vodoo has the general rule correct. If you are Earner and below, you are not going to be a high priority target. WiseGuy's and above are going to be more likely taken out because they are viewed to be more attached to the family than the rest. But there are situations that arise where your family history gets you killed or saved regardless of the rank you have achieved.

Curly, you are also correct. The type of war being fought can affect who is spared. On the flip side of your situation, sometimes every member of the crew is deemed a threat and they may all be killed (although I have never heard of this happening).

As for higher ranking members switching allegiances after a CL has been taken out, they may have a good family history with the attacking CL. Either that or they were not truthfully working for that CL at the time of his downfall.

The truth is that there is no set rules as to what will happen in a war, and who is spared and who is taken out all depends on the judgment of the victors of the war and the circumstances surrounding that war.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Debate, Family Skipping
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL