Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:47:06
Page:  1 
New York Poker Tournament with Re-buy! Started by: Trolley-Snatcha on Apr 02, '11 14:26

Oldboy's great tournament is finished and its time for New York to get the cards out. Sorry if some of you are sick of poker, but I assume if you are reading this you have an interest in the game.

So yes, big news I will be the first to hold a tournament with the option of a re-buying.

Have you ever had the better hand on the flop, placed the right bets only to be beaten on the River? Ever played the best you have only to go out on a silly all-in call? Well now you have a second chance.

Confidence of a re-buy tournament has been split in the coffee-shops of degenerate gamblers but I feel it can be done with my organisation and strict over-seeing of games.

The main Tournament will be on Sunday the 17th of April at 22:00 (MR time) however the only way to get a seat is through qualifying games.

I need to see people play using the Re-buy feature before they join the main tournament and this also allows you all to get used to the feature.

Prize money for the Tournament is $20million.

Now the rules:

1) Qualifying games will be held most nights between now and the 17th of April. Buy in will be $600,000 divided by however many people we can get to play in that round.

For example: We find 8 people to play so buy in will be $75,000 (600,000/8= 75,000)

2) The re-buy feature will be in use for ALL qualifying rounds. You can re-buy only once. By re-buying you will recieve the same amount of chips you started with. You can only re-buy if you are knocked out, NOT if you still have chips. If you want to re-buy you must pay 150% the original buy in.

For example: Original buy in= $75,000 therefore cost to re-buy = $112,500

3) You do not have to re-buy if you dont want to. Do not "Double Re-buy". I will be monitoring all qualifying rounds, if people do not use the re-buy appropriately they will be kicked from the poker club and not recieve a refund. I realise there is a margin for innocent human error and these will be dealt with on a case to case basis.

4) If you win a seat and you already have one you can sell it back to me for three times your buy-in amount.

5) The price of a re-buy in the final tournament will be announced closer to the time so check here for updates.

So for a chance for everyone to get used to the re-buy feature I will be holding a game on Sunday the 3rd at 22:00 MR Time so we can all try it out. Buy in is free and the Jackpot is $500k.

If anyone has any questions, wants to no more or register for a game please mail me or find me in my coffee shop: #NYPoker

Report Post Tip

Whoo, exciting my friend. I know you've been checking out the rebuy option the last few weeks. It will be difficult, but I'm sure you will make it work!

You can expect me to be hitting the Satellites to win a seat.

Jin laughs maniacally and runs down the street shirtless.

Report Post Tip

If you guys can get over how awesome I am and unban me from your establishments, I'll happily play.

Report Post Tip

We'll see Enzyte, we'll see.

And if your going to publically talk about your banning people should know its because of your disrespect and constant bickering in my coffee shop.

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't say it was constant, I'd more go with "never-ending". Maybe "relentless". Oooo, or how about "repetitive."

Frankly though, after all that crying about me raising constantly, I got no problem not playing. Let me play my badass style without the tears and we'll have no problems at all.

Report Post Tip

Now I see what Trolley means by your constant disrespect. Dont act like a retard and we'll have no problems at all.

Report Post Tip

Just to clarify: Tonight at 22:00 I Will be holding the first game with the option to re-buy.

This is mainly to get people used to the feature and to have a bit of fun.

Entrance is free and the jackpot is $500k. So get in touch it you want to play.

Report Post Tip

I'm so freaking excited. Poker all the way.

Melis dances around her good friend Trolley-Snatcha throwing pennies in the air.

Report Post Tip

Its a damn shame i'm so bad at Poker, all these competitions sound excellent! Best of luck with your Re-buy venture.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York Poker Tournament with Re-buy!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL