Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:53
Page:  1 
Stainless Balls of Steel Awards Started by: Stainless on Apr 02, '11 22:29

A well dressed smooth talking and even smoother looking man came out into the streets in a three piece suit that can only be desribed as "to die for".
In an attempt to gather the attention of all the resident mafiosos he mentioned the few things that would get ears perked.

WAAAARRRR!!!!

Free Kill!

Durdens!

The crowd began to shuffle and move frantically surrounding the well dressed man, reaching into their blazers and for the less sophisticated mobsters into their waistbands. The members of the crowd began to randomly blurt out questions:

Where did you get this information?
Who told you this?
Are you one of the Gods?

Full well-knowing that at this rate it will be a long night, so the man takes out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one up and takes a long drag then exhaling a cloud of tobacco smoke

Right guys the information was false which also answers the second question. I am not one of the Gods, I'm a mere man. I'm Salvatore "Stainless" Steel and yes my last name is really Steel. With my bloodline being here for a little while and associating with bloodlines who have been here even longer I realised something has been missing from the streets for a while and that is an awards showcase for the elite mafiosos. Thus I bring you the
The Stainless Balls Of Steel Awards

Taking inspiration from the last great awards show presented by the FlyingPig bloodline, I felt it only right that I take some of the same categories for two reasons and the first being there aren't many categories possibly conceivable and also because I was told if something isn't broke why fix it?

Without further ado I'll get into the categories for these awards.

Godfather of The Year
Many people don't know what constitute a great Godfather, so mute Godfathers or those who will let members of their city get bullied into submission is not a Godfather I expect to see get voted for.

If the votes sent in look like: Iota cos he iz kewl. I will laugh my ass off then look at it again laugh some more then bin it.

However, if it looks like I vote for Deimne for Godfather of the Year because he went from a CL where he had a notable 50man working HQ which was a powerhouse to Godfather where his city was a powerhouse alone without their numerous allies. If anyone knew how to run a city and build them to powerhouse status was Deimne. On top of it all he gaced Premier and FP which without a doubt deserves a ROFL

Crewleader of the Year
Voting for CLs because they had a pwnz0r gun or because they gave you jobs to do within a family does not make them a great CL. The CLs that took the time to teach you to honor Omerta to become more prominent in the streets to be a leader but still know how to have respect for superiors. And a simple Dwight_Stifler because he was kewl will get a reply saying do you remember his choice in Right Hand?

The next category is Right Hand of the Year
The right hand must be a contender for CL in your eyes he embodies what it takes to be CL but rather than be completely involved in political affairs of the mafia the RH spent time ensuring the family was running smoothly.

We come to the category that shines the spotlight on the dark (which is no-longer dark).... Hitter of The Year
Now as the old Pig highlighted in his awards a hitter is not the CL he is born knowing that he will die for the family from the lowest gangster to the oldest Don. He never expects auth nor wants it, his aim is just to protect.

And for the category that people thought would never be Earner of The Year
Now everyone pays attention to the hitters, but when visiting the HQ you must have saw the earning thread and wanted to beat that guy that sat on the top week after week, constantly hoping they have to fly back to Italy for a week or two so you could catch up.

Like the rest of the categories if I get a message like WarMonga coz he woz paid I will use those messages as a substitute for fire wood.

Now for the speakers in our society. Orator of The Year the guy that kept you entertained when all the streets offered was drivel and kissing ass.

In this category for the Streets Newspaper of The Year
To be fair, in my opinion there are only two contenders, at a push three but hey the awards are chosen by the people and you are the people so cast your votes

Now we get into the real awards, the awards that the likes of the Skorpeon bloodline will be nominated for.
Asshat of The Year
Basically this guy is the biggest prick you'll ever meet, the one you always regretted not turning your gun on when you had the chance.

Idiot of The Year Award
This title is reserved for the guy that is pretty much clueless to the real workings of things round here but is adamant they're doing it right, or their constant fuck ups just give you joy throughout the day.

Worst CL of The Year
Now up until this point, you thought that once you nominated someone you lose your anonymity well that is not the case. I refuse to give out anyones names and personally I'd prefer to die before doing that, the whole death before dishonor malarkey and what not. So all voters be as honest as you please you will not be outed the only way anyone will know WHO voted is if you yourself tell someone.

So vote for the CL who you think is the worse the one who you think doesn't do anything, but don't give me just a name I need an explanation too that justifies your choice.

The final category is Worst Godfather of The Year
And as I said before No one will know who you voted for, or who voted for them. I'm someone who honors Omertà. So send in your votes for that Godfather who you thought sat on their ass to much as the world just passed them on by. That Godfather that you though for God's sake why don't you just top yourself.

Before getting from his perch Stainless tells the crowd make your votes count names and a justification or in the words of the pig "IN THE TRASH IT GOES!" And please put in the subject of the message the name of the category you're voting for. Oh and the people include go all the way back to March 2010, that is all!

Report Post Tip

Heh, it'll be interesting to see who gets what award!

Nice to see someone bringing back the awards though

Tips his hat to Stainless

Report Post Tip

Name of the year clearly goes to GeorgeAgdgdwngo

Report Post Tip

Are we allowed to vote for dead people?

Report Post Tip

Can vote for both dead people and alive people. It's for the whole year so who ever over the last year stands out to you can be voted for.

Report Post Tip

Ok. Also, can we vote for ourselves?

Report Post Tip

Voting for yourself is not permitted.

Report Post Tip

When are you announcing the winners by the way guy?

Report Post Tip

George, good question I always knew you had more than just good looks. The voting will officially close on the 18th April but the awards will not be announced until the following week, the 24th.

Continue voting, I've got some good votes/ justifications in already and some that didn't follow the rules so is just destined for the trash. Like the Pig created, I'm creating an awards show that uses brain power to nominate winners.

Report Post Tip

Gave this a holler on my last broadcast from my booth in the Octavian Ocelot Centurion buildings. I'll be sure to turn in a ballot soon! Or I'll forget to do it...one or the other!

Report Post Tip

*Blur timidly enters and notices the lack of participation and wonders if people just don't want to sound stupid for not providing enough justification for their vote or the the fear that they might get two in between their eyes if they vote for someone for the less appealing categories.

Report Post Tip

Stainless I love this! I hope you found all my votes providing enough justification.

Anne takes a moment to catch her breath.

Sorry. I am slightly excited for when the results are revealed.

Report Post Tip

Blur, I believe you are right my friend about the possible reasoning for the lack of participation. Well all I can do is reassure the people in regards to your second point "the fear that they might get two in between their eyes if they vote for someone for the less appealing categories", that I, no matter what, will not reveal the names of voters. I have no reason to, nothing to gain but a tarnished reputation as a snitch; this is something I would rather not have.

As for your point in regards to the justifications of nominations, I don't feel I should take that requirement out, however, I should clarify that it does not require paragraphs upon paragraphs as to why you're nominating the person but rather a few sentences (two to three is sufficient enough) about why they deserve it. I put in this requirement as to limit to some degree voting for friends simply because they're friends. And although this sounds weird like I'm breaking the status-quo, if you send me a nomination that is justified but it doesn't make complete sense or whatever you think it may or may not do in regards to sounding "stupid" I will not ridicule you in any form as that doesn't entertain me. I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Turning to Anne

I found all your votes and they were exactly how I wanted thank you.

Report Post Tip

I nominate Matterhorn for no name C of the year.

Report Post Tip

I agree, I don't think justifications for votes should be forfeited as that gives true value to the vote and as a result creates more prestige and significance for the winners.

I was not too serious with the second comment regarding the fear for life when voting for the negative categories, however I do feel that the small joke could possibly be an accurate description of the the situation

Best of luck to this activity, I feel that MR could definitely use it, as participation in the streets have certainly dwindled

Report Post Tip

No one is going to beat the mess that was in LV during that time a bunch of idiots were sent there for our amusement in the negative categories, so thats a non issue anyway.

Report Post Tip

Just made my votes!

Report Post Tip

A big thanks to those who have already voted. Voting is still open and will be staying open till the 18th.

And to add to the celebrations if I can wrangle up some money there will also be cash prizes to the best in the good categories and no name C gongs for those who exceed in faluring.

Report Post Tip

Voting is now closed. Although we had limited responses there were enough responses to find winners fairly. The awards will be handed at soon at Stainless Balls of Steel ceremony. Until then continue to impress.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stainless Balls of Steel Awards
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL