Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 04:57:29
Page:  1 
MobGov - Where We Say Your Opinion Matters Started by: Charles_Barkley on Jul 03, '20 15:33

MobGov – Knowledge is Porridge

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: They say this is the new MobGov.  I get my briefers to read me this, I don’t read it because you said it would be another long one and not my bite sized pieces.  I don’t have the attention sp……

Welcome to this, the latest instalment of the Sisyphus (RIP) Leader Of The Street Approved MobGov Survey Results.  All of me here at MobGov HQ would like to take a moment to mourn the passing of many subjects of our previous surveys in the most recent outbreak of bloodshed*.  We are not in the business of distilling current events into human readable formats summarising the hows, whys and wherefores.  Unfortunately since the demise of the quite frankly excellent Sewer Pipes there is no outlet of this type and we here at MobGov would whole heartedly support someone taking this type of venture on**.

The MobGov board of director lost many people he would label as a friend/acquaintance/passer-by and has therefore taken some time to grieve properly.

Before we continue we at MobGov appreciate all your input whether positive or negative or indeed quizzical.  The results of the most recent survey are in so if Tony is still keeping up we will continue.

MobGov Board of Director

*MobGov do not provide corporate opinion on whether this was pointless or worthwhile and the expression of individual opinions are subject to internal disciplinary procedures

**Providing it was not just a ragtag mish mash of hate baiting slurs, embitterment and baseless rumours.  We can do that ourselves.

MobGov Survey 5 – Brought to you by The Tony_TwoTimes Information Quest.

Tyranny index - How Tyrannical Is The Current Regime?

Peaceful Days With Intermittent Outbreaks of Violence

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: Shit is good and I can make some cash.

A departure from our current format is the inclusion of a tyranny index.  As the last survey highlighted that the now dearly departed Evening apparently had tyrannical tendencies, especially when it came to the banning of physical sports in the Philadelphia region.  Her also dearly departed esteemed RH Kruppe circumvented this by opening a pool hall to great acclaim.  Rumours of the matches being fixed may ultimately have proved baseless although that could have been something for an intrepid sensationalist investigative hack to look in to if some form of newspaper existed.

As for the rumours of tyranny in other cities, the Raccoon Defamation League has asked MobGov to carry a statement:

Chicago’s ongoing cruelty towards raccoons does not count as tyranny.  It is our understanding there has always been a hardcore element of anti-raccoon sentiment within Grin-08 criminal empire and his band of raccoon hating followers.  We view the elevation of Elodin to a position of power as nothing more than a sticking plaster over the open and pus-ridden sore of Chicago agrizoophobic politics.

Question 2 – Is MobGov Pointless?

A genuine user-requested question.  The MobGov Board of Director feel that if the question was required, then maybe MobGov Enterprises is not for you.

• Yes – 12%
  • Definitely – 0%
  • Of Course – 18%
  • Hardly pointless - Clearly the editor has taken notes from KuKu in providing entertainment to the fair streets
  • No, pretty entertaining. Keep it up!
  • No, always makes me laugh.
  • No, I love MobGov
  • No
  • Mmmm Lovin' it.
  • Maybe but it's fun
  • Without a shadow of a doubt it is definitely maybe
  • A vital thermometer in the anus of current events.
  • Not as pointless as the God's supposed reasons for Ood's death
  • Only as pointless as Kuku's competitions that have delayed prizes
  • A circle is pointless.

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: This place is ace, I get more mentions here than when the voices in my head talk to me.

A controversial question within the MobGov Survey generators that had the Board of Director on tenterhooks as to the outcome.  He would especially like to thank the SuperSonics organisation for flooding the survey with comments and not making it totally obvious*.  We obviously are appreciative of the positive words of support.  MobGov have taken no hints or tips from the abrasive, combative and antagonistic style of certain other members of the street fraternity and merely provide the output of the mafia community input.

The key takeaway being that if someone offers prizes and is publicly bragging about how much money they make then surely, from a positive public relations standpoint, they could honour their father or mother’s offering.  There is a high probability of not coming across as an ass otherwise.

*The survey is obviously anonymous and MobGov neither condone nor ask for any manipulation of the survey.

Question 3 - Is Grin-08 a poor man's Grin-07?

• Yes – 100%
  • No – 0%

A fairly emphatic answer.  There is little commentary required.  We will leave it to Tony_TwoTimes to summarise

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: The man who I know as my guiding light and mentor shines a light so bright over my path that, really, there will never be another.  In my short but privileged existence in the Chicago organisation I have seen small time knock offs appear, Grin-09 and Grin-10, that upset the flow and balance of a great lineage. 

To me, Grin-08 is the distillation of all that was great about Grins 01 to 07 to the point where it is almost Grinnage perfection. 

Where does the next great Grin go after this?  Well, being the voracious reader that I am, I believe the Dalai Lama has it right when he says “…whether you believe in re-incarnation or not does not matter so much.  You must lead a good life.”

Question 4 – Who is the real leader of Chicago?

• The drunk Mexican – 35%
  • The not-wise-anymore Grin – 19%
  • Tony_TwoTimes – 24%
  • The cursed raccoon – 12%
  • One of the __i__ - 12%
  • King Fidd – 0%

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: I was robbed, it’s totally me.

Well, the times they are a changing, and when this was first asked it looked like these days would never end.  Unfortunately, we have lost our esteemed colleagues Zapata, Fidd and others

Poor Zapata; respected as the leader of Chicago, the man with his own brand of footwear cut down in his prime.  The man wisely letting Grin-08 be the lightening rod in terms of public profile while quietly getting on with being awesome and drunk.

Obviously the legend in his own lunchtime that is Tony_TwoTimes was always going to feature quite highly, who wouldn’t want a loveable scallywag like our Tone to be the leader. 

Key loser to the uninitiated would be King Fidd but only if you look at the numbers.  This man was obviously so humble and self-aware that if he took part in the survey he was not conceited enough to even vote for himself. 

Tony’s good friend Dalai would think very highly of Fidd.

Question 5 – The god’s new rules are…

• Epic
  • totally insane and needed more intelligence to arrive in right time on earth again.
  • If Tony proclaims it, then follow we shall.
  • The god's new rules
  • The same as the old ones but with **'s next to them...
  • long
  • For the most part, as vague, open to abuse and idiotic as ever
  • Still have the team of lawyers on it. They have given the estimated delivery date of March 2023 for the conclusion.
  • Whatever.
  • equality and a fair judgement system?
  • Fantastic
  • probably still going to be circumvented
  • Not focused on bacon enough
  • pointless if people don’t claim they are persecuted.
  • Not enough
  • Mehhh no opinion
  • Eat pie, pie and more pie

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: They are long.  This is not.

The god’s new laws are what they are.  It is not for MobGov to comment merely present your opinion.  Key takeaway, if Tony_TwoTimes says it is so then let it be so.  So if everyone can just patiently wait for Tony to enlighten us on the way forward, all will be good.

Question 6 - Should there be a return to GF councils?

• Yes please – 47%
  • Good god no – 53%

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: I believe if I say it should be so then it will be so.  I don’t think I have said anything on this subject.

As the great sages of our time, Rockwell knuckles, Tef Poe and Daemon have told us,

“Everyone wants to feel in control, In the same breath they wanna pay top dollar to be told what they like and what they don’t

So, are the godfather councils good?  MobGov have no issue with them but understand that people do like to be told how they are being controlled and fair play to them.  With all the districts and potential godfathers it doesn’t really feel that it would be a council more like a squabbly council meeting. 

As it is, there is one godfather so if West wants to have a council of godfather’s then he can sit in a room on his own and determine the fate of everything.  Remember though, the tyranny index is at 4.8 DESPITE some already viewing West as a tyrant as well. 

From discussions with prominent Seattleites (not satellites) West is always right and is never wrong.  Without being a tyrant he has told us them to say that to us

Question 7 – Was JackHenryAbbot disappointed to back down when trying to antagonise Nipper in the Streets?

• Maybes aye – 82%
  • Maybes naw – 18%

Tony_TwoTimes Summary: The master of explosive rhetoric should never back down.  Duck, dodge, weave and evade but never back down

JackHenryAbbot was up against a singularly impressive foe when trying to needle Nipper yet unsurprisingly came off second best.  Unfortunately, by Jack not having proclaimed himself to be leader of the streets it did mean that by winning that particular bout it did not bestow upon Nipper the title of leader of the streets. 

Much like when Scotland beat England it won’t make them World Champions.  It will be a sore point for years to come.

The questions for various people will be presented to them or their kin and asked whether they would like to comment.  The individuals will be free to comment/not comment and their responses will be what their responses are.

MobGov 6 – Sponsored by Foamy Enviro Services - Save The Planet, Eat More Toast

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

An excellent read, Charles_Barkley.  I don't think it went far enough in capturing just how dramatic my volte-face was with Nipper, but why kick a man when he's down.

Could I suggest an interview with consummate teller of stories, and all round nice guy, Billy_Russo

Report Post Tip

a fabulous read there Chucky sir.

However, I feel the need to prove that I, a squirrel, am a far superior rodent than that panda of trash.  the fact we're under the same umbrella makes me want to bathe, and i NEVER want to bathe.

please make it so

Report Post Tip

Wrong puts down the paper and looks to his Right and sees right there still standing pretending he knows how to read, but he's chukling at the pictures.

Looking forward to the next addition and I think everyone else is, am I Wrong ?

Report Post Tip

The pictures are really good!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Delightful read as always Mr.Barkley! I would like to second the idea on doing an interview with Billy_Russo that Jack mentioned.

Report Post Tip

Always hits the spot as usual Mr barkley it never fails to brighten my day. Can we have a seperate information laced section solely on the life and legend of jackhenryabbot the euphonious voiced dashing scallywag. I'd read that with the keenest of eyes. 

Report Post Tip

Great read as always, i cannot wait for the next one to show Fish superiority!!!

However I would definitely minus 1 the idea of doing an exclusive about the JHA and Billy_Russo relationship, I believe that this duo has enough visibility on their own and does not require additional efforts for the team of the mobgov to be filling it's pages with it. Personally I feel less of JHA would rather be a quality boost.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
humuhumunukunukuapua - haters gonna hate.

I didn't ask that my "relationship" with Billy_Russo is covered, I suggested that Billy is interviewed. There's a big difference, my man.

You don't seem to like me, but I like you.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Great read as always and its great to read after this last war and get some good smile in head instead of sad face after the war.

Keep up the great work, always a pleasure to read in here.

Report Post Tip
How is a dead man supposed to keep up the good work?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

New edition to be published soon? 

Report Post Tip

Maybe someone can adapt the format. Or, someone try at least? 

Report Post Tip

Bravo! Mother always said i would be famous.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: MobGov - Where We Say Your Opinion Matters
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL