Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:21:18
Page:  1 
Changes, why? Started by: Cinema on Apr 03, '11 16:30

Cinema had heard stories from his ancestors of how it use to be around these parts..Some of the things really stuck in his mind..He knew that his bloodline wasnt the first to discover these famous cities of the Americas and always wondered what others who landed here before his ancestry have heard how it use to be here..So one day he was walking down the street and saw an old wise man and decided he would ask him why and what was with these changes. He walked over to the old fellow slowly. As he got closer the man stuck his hand in his jacket..Cinema than believed the man had his hand on a revolver and you would too if a giant of a man began to walk towards you..Cinema than put his hands in the air to assure the man he wasnt gonna try anything funny, he was just there to have a chat with the man.

"Excuse me sir Im not here to start any trouble, I have heard you have been around these parts for many years and was wondering if you could answer a question or two for me or just let me in on some of your knowledge."

The man looked Cinema up and down noticing he wasnt there for trouble and maybe he really just wanted to talk. So the old wise man removed his hand from inside of his jacket but did it cautiously..I mean if he wasnt cautious of his surroundings he wouldnt be an old wise man he would be six feet deep in a pine box..The man looked to the giant and said.

"What can I do you for? I may be old but it doesnt mean I know everything it just means that I have been in the right places at the right time and if I was at the wrong place I could always run fast."

Cinema smirked knowing what he meant.

"Well sir I have heard stories from my ancestors of how things use to be in these cities and wondered if you knew why things have changed."

As the two men spoke people began walking by noticing this young wise guy speaking to the old wise man who never spoke to anyone and was hardly seen in the streets. These people began to form a crowd to see what these two men were speaking about this made the old man a little jumpy, not wanting to be seen by all these mobsters. The old man than looked at the people and than looked back to Cinema and said.

"You want to make it quick son, I dont like crowds or to be seen. I mean how do you think I have made it around here so long anyhow?" He said with a weary chuckle, eye balling everyone in the crowd.

Cinema didnt even notice the crowd than looked from left to right noticing more and more people surrounding the men, he knew he had better make it quick before he got spooked from the crowd and would probably get out of dodge fast.

"Well see I have heard stories that back in the day mobsters who were sponsored by a crew leader could go out and get a tattoo that said authed kill and be killed by anyone who could catch them..I mean they didnt have to be killed by their Don or their Don's hitsquad..I was wondering if you could tell me why that has changed?"

Before he had finished the sentence he looked away from the wise man than looked back and he was gone..Cinema couldnt blame the man he was only watching his own back..Cinema than looked to the small crowd of people to see if they had any answers for him.

"Can any of you answer my question or have you heard any stories from you ancestors and wonder why things have changed?"

Report Post Tip

Things have always changed for the better, of the community.

My family line has been around longer then anyone else in these cities, and i've more or less seen every change that has taken place.

For your question of why can't a mobster hold up a sign saying kill me.

When you join my great city, i am offering you protection, even from yourself if need be. You are apart of my family, my city and my member. So no one else has the right to come and interfere with my family. By someone else coming to my city or my family and killing one of my family members, you disrespected me and my city, by shooting something that belongs to me. It is a respect issue.

If things always stayed the same there would be no great new minds, no great new ideas, this life of ours would grow stale.

As for policy issue like -48 hour rules, pp rules, etc etc. It goes and comes with the leaders who are around at the time, but certain things will always stay the same, and certain things will always change.

Respect has always been king.

Love live Chicago

Report Post Tip

Cinema watched as large group of people appeared before him in the streets, he than noticed Don -Premeir emerge from the group of men. He heard that the Don was as wise or wiser than the man who Cinema had questioned earlier. The wiseguy from New Orleans actually was a little nervous knowing that the powerful Don had come out of the crowd..Cinema stood and listened to the Don as he explained why tattooing authed kill on your body held no water around these parts anymore..He heard what the man had to say and shook his head in agreement with what was said. He than smiled, looked at the Don and said.

"That makes perfect sense to me sir..Thanks for taking time out of your day to explain that to me..I know you have very important things to deal with and this is very minor, I appreciate everything that you said here and I agree one hundred percent."

Report Post Tip

No need to thank me, if we forget where we come from, how will we know where we are going.

The better mobsters see the change and adapt to it, over come and use it to their advantage. It's always good to remember the past and see how things happen. So we can learn and use it to better ourselves and the way we do business.

Report Post Tip

I heard the bad mobsters whine and complain about change, then cry into their cornflakes in the coffeeshops.  Then everyone points and laughs.  And takes pictures.

Report Post Tip

Bag, was one of the people in the small crowd. 

"Well I've got not a single idea about all this bloodline and family stuff. My ancestors were normal people living a normal life. But I guess I broke the bond"

Bag smiled briefly, showing how proud he was of himself.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Changes, why?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL