Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 10:05:41
Page:  1 
Looking for a city to call home Started by: Mordacious on Jul 07, '20 19:02

Mordacious stepped off the plane, anxious Mor grabbed the bag that had Mord's possessions. After spending several hours going thorough customs whee they searched Mordacious's bag thoroughly or so they thought. They never lifted the false bottom. Which Mor was relived they had not.  Grabbing the bag now repacked full of Mor's belongings Mordacious left the airport and hailed a taxi.

Uncertainty filled Mordacious's thoughts. Did Mor make the right decision to leave Sicily? To leave mama back there. Yeah, the plan was for Mor to send money back to Momma so she could take the next flight  to the promising America's.

Mor's uncertainty  changed to trepidation as Mordacious walked down the streets and heard some of the conversations happening. Was this really the land of opportunity? Mordacious's thoughts changed.  Safety in numbers was best Mordacious would have to find someone to work with . 

But who? Mordacious did not want to give time  effort or funds to support just any boss in this new world. 

After several more hours of strolling Mord found a park grabbing a scrap of cardboard from the trash bin as Mord walked past . Mordacious continued and found a shade tree near the foot path. Mord pulled a black pen from the bag and made a sign.

Mordacious then leans against the tree trunk and waited holding the sign up.

Recruit me: Tell me why you deserve my loyalty, my time, my effort and my  money.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fine example of your double standards you are all practicing. How many more times do I  need to show you people the double standards these people are playing by.

If I was part of the group . if I had friends  You would be all looking for the shooter, of a player looking for a a home. an innocent as you cal them.

Are you threatened by lil ol me?  someone who has no ties to pull strings.  Only people scared would of shot my last character.

MM I smell the paranoid fear in the air.

Report Post Tip

Or, maybe this guy should learn that in the mob you have to prove why someone should take a chance on you, not the other way around. I have work for Thugs looking to prove themselves pinned to the job board. I also have a mailbox that is regularly checked for correspondence, a table in the lounge and I'm a regular on the streets. Those are the places to reach me and then we can chat about your aspirations and see how they fit into my organisation. What I don't do is think, "Wow, that guy holding the bin-sign demanding I show him my credentials looks like someone I'd like to have working for me", because invariably they have their own agenda and ego as to why they think they are special which are probably not going to marry well with mine. 

Anyway, that's enough speaking to the dead for one morning. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Now I don't know much about much, but one thing I do know is if you need an invitation to this thing of ours then you've got to be the type of man or woman who can get things done. You need to be able to speak in such a way that you are always showing what you can bring to the table while your actions prove that you deserve to not only sit there, but be given a slice of the proverbial pie. When I was a kid, at least seven, I told my mom that I was afraid to die, and do you know what she said?

Nothing, she locked me out of the house for talking too much. I was five. This horrifying experience lead me to the streets of Philadelphia where I learned to grow without the strength of my mothers milk. Being only three at the time meant that I would need to do a whole lot of learning and fast, some would say this made me a lot stronger than most others and is why I stand here today speaking to a corpse about how one can potentially make it.

True, right now I am only a mere Goomba, but I have big dreams of making it. To wise guy. How many people who are thrown out of their house as a mere fetus are able to claim that? Not any, I suspect. Until me. Why do I say all of this? Well because this man went into this whole relationship of man and mob all wrong.

You prove you're worth it. Then you can make other people do the proving.

Too early. Much like me as an embryo when I was forced to scuttle in the sewers of this world for weeks after being exiled from home.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Looking for a city to call home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL