Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:55:23
Page:  1 
Why are the streets littered with filth Started by: TomCollins on Apr 08, '11 00:27

walking through the streets on his way home from work he takes a moment to listen to some of the conversations going on and can't believe his ears

What in the name of all that is sane has happened? Okay I'll start by saying yes I'm adding fuel to the fire but at the same time I have to say this. Why people? Don't you realise what you are doing? There is a madman lose from the local insane asylum. There are talking about a dead fool, trying to laud them up. We all know of their actions, we all know that they amounted to nothing. So why are you even responding when this fool tries to bring this name back into the public eye?

I say this to all who may come out here, ignorance is bliss. Soon the time will come where the speaker will be killed. I could have said can but I think we can all agree that it's going to happen. But if you all just realised that by not responding we wouldn't get the stream of crap that we have now our streets would be a far nicer place. Yes it may be quiet, but quiet is far better than what we have right now.

Anyway as I said I'm on my way home from work, I'm tired and need what precious sleep I can get. So please think on what I've said, don't give in when you see certain things said in our streets. The less attention this "bloodline" gets then maybe, just maybe and we can only pray to every single deity possible that they will crawl back under the rock they came from and give us peace.

Report Post Tip

Walks up to Tom.

"I totally agree my friend,It is getting quite old and not sure where the amusement in this is.But if we ignore these people talking nonesense and stupidity like people even care maybe they will drift off.A utter shame some crap floods these streets as if it has meaning or people care because I am sure none do.Maybe it is fun to watch sometimes who knows.But getting old totally agree..."

Lights his cigar. And offers Tom a cigar before he goes off to sleep.

"Cheers my friend.Hope to see you again."

Report Post Tip

accepts the cigar and smiles

It makes me happy to know at least one person gets what I'm saying. Thank you for this I shall enjoy it with a small nightcap before I go to sleep.

Report Post Tip

It's a shame when ridiculous speeches get attention and well thought out ones barely get a second glance

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles

"Ignorance is bliss. Hmmm, Sometimes that works. However some idiots come into the streets ranting and raving thinking their big when they just aren't. It is quite hard for you to not tell them to shut the hell up. If you were walking down the street and some randomer was just shouting abuse at everyone that went by some yes would ignore. However other wouldn't they'd probably go over and smack them in the face.. or shoot them or shout abuse back for the laugh."

Mrs-Doubtfire pushes her glasses back up her nose

"No matter how many times you come here and ask for people to not respond to crap it isn't going to happen as everyones 'crap' is all different in their own eyes. You and I might deem what bob says as crap. However Bill and Fred might not."

Mrs-Doubtfire turns her attention to Stallion

"My friend, A good well thought speech doesn't always need attention because its so well thought out it covers the points it needs to and doesn't need people to debate against it or reply. However some speeches what you deem 'ridiculous' require people to express their opinions and start a debate about the topic."

"I hope what I've said makes sense. I think I could be going a bit senile in my old age."

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles and slowly walks away in her long overcoat towards the local 'shop'

Report Post Tip

I agree wholeheartedly with everything said here; there is far too much dross on the streets.  Skilled orators sometimes find it hard to have their voices heard.

Report Post Tip

Indeed Tom, there is a lot of crap on the streets, there always has been and always will be. It is just a part of how things work around here, without the idiots coming out ranting and raging (or just being plain idiotic) every now and again, things wouldn't quite be the same. It can be quite amusing when someone comes out here and spiels a load of shite but it can get to the point of pure stupidness, much like what that Jimmeh fella was spweing on about.

Even more surprising and actually quite disappointing is that people actually get involved with the nonsense. Instead of participating with silly comments or abuse why not just stay the hell away from it? When i come to the streets i like to read some of the stuff people are saying, a lot of the time it is important need-to-know information, but i have no time whatsoever for nonintellectual garbage. Sadly, while people keep entertaining this garbage, it seems it will continue.

Report Post Tip

Listening to Tom's speech and the subsequent speakers, Gaius relights his cigar, drawing in a long stream of central american smoke as he listened to Fernando's words.

Fernando you make a solid point on top of the valid point Tom made. Truth is there will always be occasional characters that take leave of their senses and blitz our streets with maniacal ranting. Sanity can be such a fragile thing for some people. The sheer level of megalomania and narcissism displayed with this recent case was quite amusing though, it has to be said.

Fernando is right. As silly as these things are and as much as it would be best for everyone to just not respond and fuel the fire. The total loss of sanity can make for some entertainment in an otherwise quiet week.

Taking another puff on his cigar, he smiled at Fernando, shook Tom's hand and strolled off into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

It's not, unfortunately, a new occurrence for the streets to be filled with pointless interactionism when honest, well thought out, salient posters are ignored. When someone puts hard work and effort into a poster and then sees said poster get no responses and be ignored by the populous at large, they see that their efforts to better our streets go in vain and so no longer contribute anymore. Thusly, we get more and more idiots posting idiotic things because we are, as a rule, a society of idiots with the attention span of a gnats.

We don't want long, well thought out, well worded posters. We want to get in, get out, get off. That's it. That is why our streets are so littered with trash.

Report Post Tip

After thinking about the discussion Kurtz thanks Tom for his discussion and then turns to Jerusalem.

Jerusalem. I'm sorry to have to admit it but that's a painfully accurate observation. We have become a flash-bang and bail culture. Instant stimulation and no effort invested. Two lines too many and people are asleep, thinking about their next buck, fix for fuck. There are not enough of us left who really can be bothered to listen to anything more than the briefest of speeches. I sincerely hope this changes but I fear it will not.

Having got in and got off, Kurtz gets out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why are the streets littered with filth
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL