Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:36:10
Page:  1 
Curse of the CP Started by: BrokenMan on Mar 04, '08 01:18
Yet another war ha passed and low and behold yet another prominent CP leader lays dead by the wayside in what was yet another lopsided fight.

Is this just simple coincidence or perhaps something darker?

Are the CP victims of some horrible conspiracy hell bent on their total destruction?

Is their a curse upon the heads of the CP families?

Or perhaps I am just being paranoid and this is indeed just simple coincidence.

I'll leave you to decide.

Discuss
Report Post Tip
Oh no man...you're just wrong.

There've always been unreal shots from those with a handful of kills that take down very well protected Consigliere's. Always man. Always.
Report Post Tip
The CP often jokingly point out how every leader they joined died more or less immediately after this occured.

The pesky curse seemed to have been lifted, by lo and behold it is once again stalking us, only this time taking the CP family heads instead.

Cathy_Parks, luki, a1capon3, Altitude.

Who will be next to succomb to the CP curse?

Here's hoping it is PrinceOfCheese. Cheers.
Report Post Tip
Indeed the last two CP to fall fell to amazing shots but if you will recall the early CP leaders to die in wars were killed in more mysterious and unusual situations were they not?

What of them?
Report Post Tip
As I said man, this is normal. There's nothing strange, odd, or fishy about it.
Report Post Tip
*falls to the floor overcome with sarcastic energy*

Fairly sure my opinions on the matter don't need to be stated.

*skips off with a Coke, a smile and a big STFU
Report Post Tip
What I have found with the CP is they are willing to sacrifice there own life for the cause.

They seem to understand that when comapred to the CP, there own lfie is fairly insignificant. Them dying for the greater good is a bit like Jesus dying on the cross.

None of the CP leaders have ever been selfish power hungry mongrels. Whether it is Cathy_Parks, luki, a1capon3 or Altitude, they all knew that, ultimately, the survival of the CP is more important then their own indivudal survival.

Where one CP leaders falls, another will soon rise to continue the bloodline of perhaps the most significant Mafia family in history.

In years time, our ancestors will be talking about the days of the CP with found memories and stories. Mark my words.
Report Post Tip
I do hope that was written in sarcasm.

I can't think of one positive thing to have come out of the CP rule.

It has kind of been a lame duck dominating force.

Groups like this are nothing new and come and go all the time the biggest difference is that most groups can manage to fight a war with out losing their heavy hitters in the process.

The CP aren't sacrifice minded saints they are just incompetent strategists.

As for our "found" I presume fond memories I can't seem to think of one progressive helpful program that has been initiated by any CP or any entertaining RPs conducted by them.

As far as I've seen they just hang out in the coffee shop only bothering to grace us with their presence when its time to knock over another 7-11.
Report Post Tip
Lol.

What part of the 'strategy' did you think was ill-advised, exactly?
Report Post Tip
Brokenmanm, you are seemingly writing the CP's obituary. Why exactly?

Last time I looked, whilst 1 CP leader died, as far as I know, the majority of other leaders are either connected to the CP through blood, or connected to the Red Fez, whom were one of the CP's strongest families. So as far as I know, the CP are still fairly relevent in the upper structure of our world.

And then you look at the 'hidden' element of CP. We all know that the children of Cathy, Luki and a1 are roaming our streets and it is only a matter of time until they rise to the top again. Add the other members who are also in hiding, the CP is certainly not dead.
Report Post Tip
The curse aye? I don't see CP falling. Like Han said, most CL's today are connected to CP by blood or are CP. It'd take a lot of people to turn their backs to take over CP and still most the hitters and any mafioso who is in the upper structure is with CP. I don't see them falling for quite sometime.
Report Post Tip
I don't think he'll be answering your questions people, he had an accident . . .
Report Post Tip
Hmmm...I didn't see where he suggested that they were a dying force, but merely that the CP are nothing new. He's right, as far as your claims of greatness you have made. The CP still have a long ways to go in order to be compared with similar groups like the UN. It isn't the rise to greatness that defines your legacy, but what you do after you have reached that plateau. The plateau has arguably been reached, so let's see what you have planned for the cities.

Up to this point, we have seen a frequent turnover in CP leadership. Yes, it is admirable that there is always someone ready and willing to step in and take the place of a fallen CP leader, but you shouldn't proffer that as evidence that they have been great war strategists. Would it not have been better if those losses were not suffered at all? If that were the case, they would certainly be completely unopposable right now. Imagine if Cathy Parks, Luki, and Mr. Capon3 were all still alive right now. It would be the difference between simply having the most powerful leader at the top (Mr. Cheese), and the formation of a CP dynasty.
Report Post Tip
I think you are underestimating the current legitimacy of external forces in your assessment of leadership turnover FlyingPig.

If we did an old Porters 5 forces, environmental factors would certainly be a driving influence rather than an overwhelming element of the negatively voiced factors mentioned by other speakers here.
Report Post Tip
I wouldn't particularly write their deaths off as "poor war strategy" to be honest.

Who would know that Cathy_Parks, an extremely well protected Consigliere, would be hit by a Wise Guy with only a handful of shots? Who would know that a1capon3, also extremely well protected, would be hit by someone with only a handful of kills? Luki? Again, another Consigliere, hit by someone with few kills.

This hasn't been poor strategy at all. Simply put, for whatever reason, the bodyguards haven't worked, and the untrained guns have. Doesn't seem quite right to me, but, who am I to say that it isn't sheer bad luck?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Curse of the CP
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL