Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 04:02:03
Page:  1 
Does Tyler need a buff? Started by: Prof-V-Jameson on Jul 16, '20 09:31
Jul 16, 02:30:02 duernrltdey tried to WACK! you.

I do not believe I should of been able to survive this from a game play perspective (granted I am glad I did). The scenario that an unprotected wise guy cannot be taken down by a godfather does not make sense. 

I would like to ask if you guys and gals believe if:

a) do you think he should be stronger than he currently is (which seems like he can only 1%) 

b) how would you make him stronger?

Who knows, maybe he wack backed on me :)

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

If Tyler were any stronger than he is it would give a massive advantage to the credit wealthy who already use the hitlist to make him their personal hitman without having any gun, rank or character value of their own. As the credit economy is completely separated from the character economy, given that you are able to create money out of auto-generated 425k cash out offers, it would stretch an already imbalanced wealth:power spectrum even further. I have no idea how powerful he is now - maybe you got lucky - but a buff is the last thing that game mechanic needs. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thanks for your feedback Cromwell,

So this raises a couple of issues, the current credit economy, and the use of the hit list to buy Tyler's services. each one of these could take a full thread to discuss their effects on the game and reasoning behind them.

with the context given I still believe I should of died. But a IWP don should just be able to laugh at his attempts. At the moment if tyler is ever successful in killing a don, it would feel like winning the shit lottery, which would feel wrong.

Its a tough one.

Report Post Tip
I'd personally like to see a change in something to do with Tyler.

I mean he was never supposed to be scary. Just something to shoot at.

Maybe make it to where his shot chance is increased dependant on where he or his hands are at?
Report Post Tip

i cant really put my finger on the reason that i WOULD NOT like to see any buff to tyler. If i think of a valid reason, ill report back

Report Post Tip

I wouldn’t mind if he got a small buff, but the threat of MR shouldn’t be NPC’s it should be your “friends” and other players.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

And thats all i would want. I have no intention for him to be murdering more people, but right now its a shit lottery.

I can also see why you would want him to be able to shoot people, It is an incentive to get yourself off the hit list.

Its an hard one to balance :(

and scousepole ill give you about 96 million reasons why you wouldn't want it changing :P

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think it is less than 1%. Tyler is a GF. He should be stronger than he is. Make the hitlist count again. They said dying is what makes them come back in another thread. Lets see them die.

Report Post Tip

Question for those of you saying that Tyler should have a higher chance of hitting those hit listed... Would you feel the same if you were on the hit list for the amounts that those that are on the hit list?

Report Post Tip

If I deserved to be there I would.

Report Post Tip

Also think of it this way. Yes the credit wealthy(rich) rule the hit-list. But who do you hire when you want to keep the death of a person under wraps or have someone who is out of your reach. An out-of-town hit-man (TylerDurden). Just so happens that it's a GF who couldn't hit an unprotected WG nor water if he fell out of a boat.

Report Post Tip

I think he just needs a shooting hat.  everyone should have a shooting hat.

Or maybe dedicate a shooting song for him at Nuts FM (chicago) not that i'm plugging or anything.......

Report Post Tip

If I deserved to be there I would.
Reply by: Francesca at Jul 17, '20 00:44

And therein lies part of the issue.  How do you know you deserve to be when the hitlisting of people is entirely subjective and on the whim of one or two of the credit mega rich. 

This subjectivity is a perfectly reasonable thing, however hitlisting people with money that doesn't really relate to in game economics and then increasing the chances of someone being killed for being on the hitlist just makes this a pay to win game.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Who is to say those hit listed are not credit wealthy? Perhaps far more wealthy than the one who hit listed them?

Report Post Tip

It only takes 300 credits to hitlist someone for 100 mil. You are assuming it is one person. I would bet that is wrong.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Does Tyler need a buff?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL