Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:35:50
Page:  1 
Get some! Started by: Kurtz on Apr 10, '11 12:12

Walking down the street Kurtz happened upon a mobster standing silently, staring into space. Curious as to what this branded made member of an established crime family was doing, he stopped.

Hey man, you ok?

The mobster didn't respond, just gave Kurtz a passing vacant look and went back to staring into space. Kurtz clapped his hands loudly in front of his face to try and wake the guy up, getting barely a blink in response. Dismayed, Kurtz continued the inquiry.

You there buddy? You been hitting your own supply? What's up? You need help?

The man just smiled and continued to looked witless. Kurtz shrugged, clapped him on the back of the head and went on his way. As he continued down the road he noticed another space-gazer. Stopping only briefly he made no attempts to interrupt the man. Waving a hand in front of his face he got no response so he gave up and carried on. Then he saw another. And another. Pretty soon he noticed they were the vast majority.

Walking into his favourite local square, he bought a cup of coffee and took a seat on top of a stack of shipping crates. From his elevated position he looked out over the hustle and bustle of daily activity and he noticed something alarming. These space-gazers made up the vast majority of the crowd. The people that were alert and responsive could be spotted a mile away, easily counted among the dull grey drudgery of shuffling blank faces. Kurtz took time to drink his coffee while studying a pocketbook he had containing information on the various crime networks and contacts active in the country. Standing up, he addressed the crowd.

I've become increasingly unsettled by the living dead that walk among us.

Now, I'm not talking about the professional drones that so many families rely on for closed-mouth steady income. I'm talking about real, active villains who carry their family's name and supposedly represent. I'm here to talk to you fuckers. You guys and galls that wander around happy as Larry, seemingly oblivious to the efforts of the people that are keeping you alive. Thinking its enough to just keep plodding along, day after day, excelling at nothing other than mediocrity. I've had a quick glance at some books and the general impression is alarming.

There are over 660 active mobsters in our country. For the sake of argument lets say 400 of those are drones. I think the real number is a lot less but lets say 400 for the sake of this argument. Now we have 23 crime families, so lets say in total we have 69 leaders and hands who are not the focus of this particular point. These people are the ones you guys should answer to. These numbers are very conservative, even with these we have a final number of over 190! Thats a lot of you people who are walking aoround, happy to just gaze into space.

Sorry but that's not enough. Any self respecting mobster who has made their bones or indeed forged a name for themselves will tell you, putting in the extra effort is what separates you from the animals. Are you unhappy with your life in the mob? Do you get the feeling you are being ignored? Sense you are overlooked when it comes to the more exciting elements of mafia life? Have you ever considered that it might be fault? That you might be getting overlooked because you have done sweet fuck all to stand out and make your leader take notice?

There is an old, tired expression that says, 'You get out of life what you put into it'. Here, that is truer than anywhere. Don't be scared and don't be shy. No one will reward subservient meekness. Take a risk. Speak out loud. Ask someone in your family to show you the way. As it stands we have a disturbing number of you who are not doing any justice to the fine leaders and hands that are keeping you alive. You have any idea how much effort these people put in to keeping you safe and enabling you to carry on with your care-free life? Show them some gratitude and put in some effort!

Really kids, this space-gazing bullshit just won't wash. There is so much to be had from this life, go out and get some!

Hopping down from the stack of crates, Kurtz heads across to the cafe to grab another coffee.

Report Post Tip

You want the boss to take more notice in you, you want to become more than a name less face in the place you call home, put in work. Take a look around you, talk to your family, your hands, or hell even your crew leader. Find out whos working hard, then dig it and work ten times harder than they are. Dedication and hard work get you noticed, and they get you alot farther along than just given it your 'best'. Most of the time, more than your best is required to get somewhere in this world. Just remember, nothing great was ever achieved by just being average.

Report Post Tip

IGB hears everything they say and make a stand to start a little talk.

I dont want to be an average mobster I want to be the best, I have my dreams to fullfill and I will do my best to achieve it, but how? learn the way they walk in and out of that door. Check what they eat, learn what they have learned from the journals of their ancesstors. Respect yourself coz it is the key to achieve it all. Respect your dreams coz it will be your guide to what way you will have to walk. Employ yourself to any event so you can gain their respect. Visualize yourself in their seat and talk to yourself if you can do what they have done. continue to look forward so you can see the future ahead of you. Being not only known by others will make your dreams come true but being known by the world will endulge you to go to the top of the world. let every mistakes be the lesson to learn so if you go down with it you will know how to stand again. Dont loose hope coz that hope is your friend that will keep you in track.

IGB smiles to all then go to the nearest tree so he can see who will talk next and learn more to them.

Report Post Tip

BennieBlanco smiles and steps forward.

All good advice so far, if a little vague for my tastes. Going and "getting some" is a good start, but to stand out you need to go and give some. I wonder how many slackers we have, guys and girls who just let the tax system kick up for them. If your idea of tribute is taxes, or if you struggle under the misinterpretation that your taxes are just too high, I doubt you stand out much no matter how much you go get. If you ever managed a peek into chi towns books, under BennieBlanco you would find regular, reliable, predictable tributes far beyond any that a mere taxation system could gather. In order to do that I do go "get some". By that I mean I will pull 3-4 drug deals per city visit, it's not enough to knock over the banks and steal trucks. I keep myself busy with organized operations too. But it all means dick if I spend my cash on bodyguards and saving up credits. To stand out you need to help that family more than you are helping yourself.

Bennie steps back out of limelight.

Report Post Tip

Gaius plucked a cigarette from his coat pocket and formed it at the base of his lips. A match appeared in his left hand, and he struck it against the wood post he had been leaning against while listening to Kurtz speak. Nodding to his head of security, a path was cleared and Gaius walked up to the man. Smiling and nodding his agreement.

Kurtz my good friend, I believe that we must lead by example. There are a handful of bloodlines that consistantly stand out. What we are forgetting is that every action we take as mobsters is recorded in someone's family journal. Eventually, various bloodlines will work together. The work ethic that you put into this life, will be remembered for generations. While we all come and say that our ancestors are behind us, why should we be judged by their actions? Because history has taught us that people are prone to either repeat past mistakes or achieve the same level of greatness.

Clearing his throat, he tugged on his cigarette and let the blue haze flow out of his nose as he continued, pointing a finger at the crowd.

The question is what can you do to show your family, and city heads that you are ready for the next level?

A youngling spoke up, and said "I'm already doing all my crimes, I hang out in my families bar, I talk to my friends daily."

Wait a minute friends? Since when does this thing of ours allow for friendships? Sure we all have associates, but friends? Those are hard to come by. When that man takes a bullet for you or does time for something you did, then you can call him a friend. Until then, its all just business.

Pausing, Gaius began to collect his thoughts, wanting to make one very important point.

You, can do anything that you want in this life. Don't be a fucking boring idiot!

The same youngling that had spoke before, spoke up again... "Sir, how? What can we do differently?"

Just that my young man, you can ask! So many times we don't learn because we don't ask the right questions. Remember, the only stupid question is the one left unasked.

How many times have you visited the local jails? Did you know you can pay that idiot Corrections Officer and find out where our many associates have been placed in jail? How many times have you spoke in your own families HQ? The majority of families in my limited experience have bars, and places to hold speaches, in a family only sort of way.

How many times have you asked your boss to help him with something? Did you ask him once and then forget about it because you thought he ignored you? Look boys and girls, running a family isn't something that anyone can do, it takes a special breed to dedicate the time and patience of dealing with younger mafioso and training them in this way of life. Be patient with your boss, and ask a few times a week. Eventually he or she will find something for you to help him out on.

How many times have you asked your boss for work and then complained about the task at hand? Thats like a slap in the face and I've personally shot people over it. Not the way to stand out. How many times have you walked into the streets, and actually spoke up? Instead of just wandering around and listening to speach after speach and then merely walked off instead of contributing something useful to the conversation?

How many times have you sent a letter to the various individuals in your family arranging a meeting at a local coffeeshop to get to know them? Family is all you've got. Because at the end of the day, when your boss orders the start of fireworks, you'd better know which side your 'friends' are on. When push comes to shove, buck up and put your bullets where you're told to. You'll stand out.

There are ENDLESS possibilities, just open your eyes.

Stepping down, his throng of protection cleared a path for him as he walked back to his headquarters to continue the business of running a family.

Report Post Tip

Guiseppe walks throught the square once more puffing away on a cigar like a chimney, he slows and listens to Kurtz words once more and the speakers that follow. He sttubs his cigar out against the wall and tidies the end before placing it in his brown bakelite cigar case

Kurtz my good man once again you bring a fine subject to the streets.

Everything that has been said is true we have many people who don't show their leaders that want to be something but are just content with mediocrity.

Why should anyone be happy with just being mediocre?

What do you aspire to be?

What are you Goals? How will you achieve them?

I am sure when you joined this way of life you aspired to be something more than someone that can just earn the minimum wage.

Let me tell you a little story. When my Great Great Great Great GreatGrandad came to these shores he was unsure of himself and what he could achieve but he didn't let that stop him. He bombarded his leader with questions everyday asked to do jobs even the most mundane he wanted it to prove he was worth something to the family and each of my ancestors has continued that trait aiming for the best.

You ask Caius here, my Father told his Father his goals and he achieved all but one. Thatt is because he aimed to do something with his life now ask youself this what do you aim to do with your life.

Caius has given some great tips now take note and use them and be something of yourself.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Get some!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL