Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Would you go down with the ship? Started by: Fernando_Torres on Apr 12, '11 17:21

I think just to echo the majority of the people, i think in both situations i personally would fight, more or so in situation number 1. Now as Mr. Torres has statud as a society we have a firmer grip on the structure across all our cities and thus have a more stable world and have a unwritten rule that all associate have a certain time frame to re-home themselves and times of a take down as  i like to call them, i think war is over phrased. Mostly now the first round of shots and a city is 90% taken out again this is a tribute to how well organised we have become.

Me personally im all in favour of giving the associates a time to find a new home, as the question a pose is, what can a wise guy and under actually achieve during such a time as a takedown. Ok some can argue that they apart of the frame work of the opposing city, some may even use our lower ranked members as target practise but as Mr torres said, we have become more lenient so why wouldnt we give these young men and women a chance to get a button and prove their worth in society, all be it in a different city.

Ok i went slightly off the point, but i dont think in scenario number 2 that it would be pointless to fight on, what could i achieve, i might as well put my small sized gun to my head.

Report Post Tip

IN both cases....

whatever is the answer... if Death sint it then i didnt got the question properly.

1. Your a DOn, you shoot untill you cant no more. If ennemies decided to go after your boss they wont let you live either your a good person or not.

Now on the other hand if you were just a spy...then you ll join another city. But then you wont know who are your real ennemies.

2. If you are a wiseguy...then you better be very smart, bcs even if there is protection on your head, you amy end up in the wrong family or after due time you ll end up in the coffin. For this one it has to do with fate and luck: fate if you die wihtout fighting and a family, luck if you managed to get witnessed by the right poeple believing in your potential...

But in this thing of ours...only death is Certain. so therefore its just a matter of time and rank.

UNless your the #1!!! ^_^ lol

Respect all,

Thus:

*If you shoot me and fail you are dead;

If you shoot me and kill me, I forgive you.*

Report Post Tip

I agree with you on the first one Fernando, but the second one I would definitely just find another family. I would agree on the first one because you will more than likely die, but at least you did it with honor and pride in your city, as a Don should. The second one I would say find a new family because if you still fight, it will probly not even be noticed by anyone other than yourself. And you would also have a protection order to make sure you don't die, so if you still shoot, there is a 100% chance you will die.

Very good topic to bring to the streets. I have enjoyed listening to people's opinions on the matter.

Report Post Tip

An interesting topic Fernando, I would always say 'go down with the ship', but I have journals indicating sometimes there are offers to join a fmaily of the same, sometimes different city. Sometimes it's a grab saftey quickly option, then asses what's happened, anyway, I'll try and answer the 2 scenarios posed as best as possible.

Your city has been attacked and almost everyone is dead. Protection has been issued for associates only.

This is you:

Name: Phil
Bodyguards: IWP
Sponsor: None (Dead)

What would you do?

A) Purchase a HQ and continue the fight until your last dying breath.

I would absolutely choose A here, fight on till the death whilst also offering some sort of safety for members left without a home. I think option B really shouldn't be an option, certainly not for me, though I'm sure some would.

Your city has been attacked and almost everyone is dead. Protection has been issued for associates only.

This is you:

Name: George
Bodyguards: WP
Sponsor: None (Dead)

What would you do?

A) Take a potshot and continue fighting until your last dying breath.

B) Join a new family.

This is a more difficult one in my eyes, and one which my ancestors have experienced, as explained above, sometimes you grab the saftey net dangling in front of you, sometimes there are several, then you look to source information on what has happened. I think to answer hypothetically is unrealistic, as the path you choose would solely depend on the live action. I sound hypocritical of course as I have already answered scenario A.

But,alas, I must answer!, I think option B would be taken here, though as said, it may depend on the live action, almost all the city is dead, so there may be an option C!

Great poser though Kudos to you.

Report Post Tip

After thinking about these scenarios from different angles I have come to a simple conclusion as to what I would do. My knee jerk reaction as Phil would be to take a shot at anything that moved from the attacking city, yes I might get a few kills but unless I could sustain a lot of fire it would be short lived.

George would have an even harder time of making an impact, a few kills here and there but nothing to major.

So I would take the same action with both men, find the person who killed my boss and attack them directly. Phil being a Don might have a chance of getting that kill shot, George is never gonna make that shot but does have the chance to hit the killer where it hurts and take out a few bodyguards. If he can get 2 or 3 bodyguard kills before he's found then he's cost the killer in excess of 15 mill.

Loyalty is paramount in our society, I wouldn't for one second even think about joining another family while a war raged on against my fallen brothers and sisters no matter what protection is offered.

Report Post Tip

When looking at the situation of Phil, it looks very simple... There is only one choice, fight to the death!

But in reality, these situations are NEVER that simple... Why is Phil alive? Does his bloodline have strong history with the attackers? Have they spared him to offer him a place in their own family?

Just how strong are these attackers? If Phil is the only survivor, then unless he has in fact been spared, it's safe to assume that he has at least a whole city's hitsquad waiting for him to come out of his protection and gun him down the second he takes a shot. The maximum damage he can expect to achieve is maybe two or three casualties to the enemy before he's put in cement shoes.

Maybe he sees the opportunity to take shelter and then continue the fight when the enemy are least suspecting it? Let's face it, he's a Don, he's highly protected, any growing crew would love to gain someone of his calibre in an instant, and he's clever enough to convince them they can trust him. Two nights later while most are asleep, he buys a headquarters of his own, gathers the offspring of his fallen brothers and one by one shoots the men that led the assault on his fallen city while they're fast asleep in bed...

As for my bloodline, we've always stuck with option A. If I woke and saw the bodies of my friends and family lying all around me, someone would have to pay...

Report Post Tip

Archibald overhears a dilema being talked about in the streets....

One must say, it all depends where your loyalties lie.

I mean if one was after money, why would he go down with the ship? Money can be very persuasive in certain times during one's life. In the end though like you put it, the loyalty towards continuing to make that cash and spend it on booze and cheap women out weight dieing for one's family or organization even.

Now if your loyalty was towards power, even at this very predicament one would hide like the rat for his own personal gain. My few statements are very brief and rash but I want to keep it that way. 

Personally, I've never done anything else but gone DOWN with the ship. As it has kept me dry, and I'd prefer not to swim... in shark infested waters.

Archibald walks away eager to find some chow.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Would you go down with the ship?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL