Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:07:15
Page:  1 
Getting the nod Started by: Fernando_Torres on Apr 12, '11 19:19

Life in Chicago couldn't have gone any sweeter for Fernando, there was nothing he loved more than getting up and going to work doing what he could to help his family and city. He had become a popular figure in The Morningwood Elite and was learning the way things work in the mafia world very rapidly. He kept on making more and more friends through his contacts. He had gone from knowing a few family members to knowing the majority of his city, also quite a large number of faces outside of Chicago's walls too. He found himself in a good position and was more than happy with how things were going. Surely it doesn't get any better than this he thought...

Nando loves a drink or thirty-five, he couldn't help it, he was young, free and single and loved to get out mixing it up with his friends. It was a tuesday evening when Nando decided to go out with some newly-made acquaintances after a rather static day at the office. He liked his tuesdays and well and truly got his groove on. The next day though, his groove wasn't really on at all. He had a hangover from hell and had long day of business ahead of him. He battled through the day as best as he could until it was evening and finally time to finish. Yesssssss! he thought, time to go home and chill the fuck out! The time had flew and by the time he had done his chores it was late evening, he grabbed himself a shower and was about to hit the sack when he got a call.

"Hey man it's Spuff, we need you down here asap, somethings come up."

Fucking typical! he thought to himself, he dragged himself up and got dressed and headed to the HQ. He was met by some very familiar faces. He started chatting when the city hitsqaud leader walked in. Something must be wrong.

"The Godfather isn't happy with Los Angeles, we need to get rid of them. Tonight."

Still dying of hangover Nando sat down and got himself prepared while plans were being made for the attack. It seemed to take forever. He chatted with a few people and drunk a ridiculous amount of coffee in a bid to stay awake. Finally the time had come, everyone got ready and went to find their targets. It was a simple takedown, which was excellent for Nando as it meant he could go back to bed. He stayed at the nearest hotel for the night and banged out some zzzzzzz's.

A week or so later things were strolling along nicely. Everything back to normal. He decided to go to the HQ bar to see the guys and what good timing it was too. He was greeted by Kimble.

"Ah just the man, what perfect timing. Congratulations my friend, it is time for you to become a Consigliere of the family."

Nando was delighted and he decided to stay at the HQ bar for the night and celebrate with the guys and gals. Another milestone completed for good 'ole Nando. Fucking superb!

It hadn't even been a week before congratulations were in order again, something that was somewhat unexpected. Something had occured with two of Chicago's leaders and they were going to be put down. Nando was in his diner when he heard of the news and he was quite shocked but knew it was for the best interest of the city. Even more shocking was the following call he got from the Godfather of the city.

"Hi Fernando, it's Roman. I need you to take a crew tonight. Meet me at my HQ in an hour sharp."

Holyfuckingshitwasthisforreal!? was Nando's first reaction to himself. He swiftly closed the diner and headed over to Roman's place. He was told what was going to happen and handed a set of keys. He thanked the Godfather for the opportunity. A couple of hours later and Infidel and LaQuenta fell. It was sad but had to happen. He then went to crack on with his new HQ and start getting things in order. He needed a RHM to help him and decided to give Kimble a call.

"Hey man, i just wanted to say thanks for allowing and reccommending me into this opportunity, words cannot express how happy i am right now with this. I don't suppose i could take Mrs-Doubtifre with me, she would be perfect to assisst me."

Thankfully Kimble agreed to give him Mrs-Doubtfire. She was a cranky old cowbag from time to time but also a sly old dog who still had a few tricks up her sleeve, Nando got on well with her and decided to recruit the old timer. This was definetely going to make for an interesting team!

The night was ending and Nando sat on his porch puffing a cigar smiling to himself as he glazed up into the stars, they seemed to shine a whole lot brighter tonight. He was still in shock and couldn't believe how fast things had moved for him. He only hoped he could live up to expectations. He finished his drink and put out his cigar and spoke to himself....

"Funny how things work, one minute you're a nobody walking the streets, the next you're a leader."

Report Post Tip

Durzo stops to listen to Fernando speak, confused at the last part of his speech he stops and adds quietly to Fernando

You must have been more than "a nobody walking the streets" if Godfather Roman believed in your enough to offer to you to set up shop. They must have seen your potential and decided to allow it to grow. I didn't offer my congratulations when you first set up so please allow me to congratulate you now, you are a fine leader in this great city and im sure you will do great things.

Durzo hands Fernando a cigar and lights it for him, with a respectful nod he continues about his business

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire once again listens to Fernando from his limo and listens to DurzoB congratulate him and tell him hes a fine leader in Chicago. She laughs and pokes her head out the window..

"Don't boost his Ego to much Durzo, I already have enough of it in the HQ. All the little notes about the HQ saying.. 'I'm the best leader there ever was' And everything. He's full of himself this Fernando, a complete... yaknow."

Mrs-Doubtfire continues to laugh and winks at Fernando. She then winds her window back up slightly and continues to wait

Report Post Tip

Thankyou DurzoB for your kind words. They are much appreciated.

"Funny how things work, one minute you're a nobody walking the streets, the next you're a leader."

Just to clear up any confusion you have, what i meant by that exactly was how fast time can go by, things seemed to happen so quick, going from a mere thug to a leader, as explained in Fernando's story thus far. :)

Report Post Tip

Emerging from the crowd to wrap her arm around Mrs-Doubtfires. Simplicity smiles at the two and gives Fernando a small kiss on the cheek.

"I'll have to agree with Mrs. Doubtfire on that ego boost. Nando doesn't need that at all. Why else do you think he tries to get into every woman's dress?"

Smirking at that comment she squeezes Mrs. Doubtfires arm softly in a playful manner.

"Well deserved my friends. I'll miss you both dearly from our HQ. Yet, we all must deal with change."

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire giggles and smiles at Simplicity

"Why thank you my dear, Don't you ever forget. Nanny Doubtfire is always around the corner should you need someones head bashed in. I pack quite a swing on me. Afterall.. I need it sometimes to get.... you know who away."

Report Post Tip

Fernando, you are a good guy. It is good to see you here. You truly deserved this.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Getting the nod
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL