Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 14:25:12
Page:  1 
Fantasy or Reality? Started by: Chance on Jul 29, '20 21:21

The death had been one of many, but that didn’t matter.  Once again, it was at the hand of a dictator, one that sought control through intimidation and greed.  Blood boiling, the decision was made that an assassin would be needed.  What many call a rogue, would be a culmination of many lives lost at the hands of the current regime.  So much anger and resentment forced a decision to become something that went far and against their beliefs.

Leaning back in the chair and knowing only a full incognito would be able to pull off the impossible, character ideas begin to develop.  Should the character be a loveable cartoon character or maybe a feeling.  Neither felt like something that were far enough away from past characters to accomplish this task.  Should the character be male with a better chance of fitting into the male dominated society within Mafia Returns or would the sex appeal of an alluring, yet innocent woman allow entry into the private conversations that would be needed to topple leadership.

Within minutes the decision was made and a character generated.  Looking at the rolls, it was obvious wack would be the priority and with a massive surplus of hustle points stockpiled, quickly building a god killing gun should not be an issue.  Once back inside the game and seeing open districts that had once been thriving crews, the insatiable desire for revenge was further reinforced.

Implanted into the same city as the target, the character played the roll of an inexperienced player, looking from help from his sponsor and asking already known questions of the hands.  Data on the shot reports was falsified and any wars always saw the incognito character missing form action to avoid providing the proer shot.  Daily greetings were given and false relationships were constructed all in preparation of the ultimate betrayal of loyalty. 

Fantasy or Reality?  Maybe it will soon be decided.  But one has to wonder who all those players are in the crew and what are they really doing?

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip
A fair question, though ultimately, a pointless one to ask. Short of delving into mindless paranoia, this isn’t a matter which one can readily address.

I’ll use myself as an example. My bloodline is old. Older than most but not all. But yet, few know me or my bloodline. Some do, from years ago. But who have my ancestors been since then? I tell you the last of my ancestors who graced these shores did so almost two years ago. I know that to be true, but do you? Does my family? No. They don’t. Until but a short few days ago, I was a complete unknown to them. But I worked hard, I made my face known and now I’m the left hand man of the family which so kindly took me in. I requested a home with them. Chose them, as if by picking a name from a hat. I’m old fashioned like that, I like to choose the family I will spend my life here with, but could I have just been infiltrating them as you suggest? I speak to the members of the crew I call family daily. I send up ample tribute. I’ve sponsored a large chunk of new blood into the crew...

Ofcourse I could be infiltrating them. I am, under your criteria, a perfect example of one of these future rogues. Currently working so hard as the perfect cover. Who has reason to question my loyalty when I do so much?

I know myself to be loyal. Ambitious, yes, with hopes for the future, but loyal. I know I would never rogue, and am simply trying to shine bright enough that those above me take notice. But you will never know that, nor will my crew. Just as if I was a future rogue, you would never know, until the bullet and the whisper in your ear came, and even then, could you be certain who pulled the trigger?

Ofcourse not.

So what is the solution? There is none worth mentioning. Do those in power kill any promising up and comers because they potentially pose a threat? Thereby ensuring that there will indeed be no new faces to reach the top like some of these children of the dead already say is the case? I hope not. That isn’t the life I’ve come here for. That, right there, would be the American dream turned nightmare.

So... I thank you for the question, and for giving me reason to think. But my question in response would be...

What if this is the case? What do we do in response? And what are the potential consequences of our doing so?
Report Post Tip

Guess they didn't like Fantasy, Chance! 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

meh

Why did you bump this?

Yes, I wrote this post.  I had no idea the current culture was so nervous that they would consider my simple attempt at fiction would become a confession of a rogue in training.  I did't put it in the OOC, that was an Admn discion.  And honestly, the post was writing to convince a friend on why she NEEDED to fill out a shot report.  I have no voice in your opinions and attitudes, and, apparently, after having my hard work result in pressure on my superior and crew leader resulted in my removal from position, I will default to a position of nothingness.  I will continue to grind way....just my nature. 

All over a few words writtien trying to be creative. 

Where did we lose track of the game?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip
I agree with your assertions, although I have the privilege of knowing you better than some including those who made said decisions most likely.

Chance’s words were well put in my opinion and something many of us can relate to at some point or another. No doubt if you’re around here long enough you can definitely relate. Intriguing writing shouldn’t have to be confined to in-character threads. OOC thread is definitely the appropriate place for the original post IMO and should be treated accordingly but apparently that wasn’t the case and furthermore, spilled over to the original poster’s kin once their identity was determined.

I feel the repercussions for an OOC post of a kin were definitely misplaced. I can understand them but don’t agree with them.

Knowing your true intentions as I feel I do makes matters worse. Knowing your bloodline as I have grown to know and the fact that it has never gone rogue Including in recent times when it would potentially be a nothing to lose situation, make matters worse still.

Keep grinding, much respect....
Report Post Tip

Well, I made the decision to have you killed and can happily attest to the fact that I am not nervous, nor have I ever been about any aspect of this game, in character or otherwise. What I do is make decisions about who should be permitted to progress within Chicago and who shouldn't; this was another example of that. 

As far as memory serves, your crewleader was an incompetent oaf, shortly killed himself not too long after this. Not knowing you and reading this thread, together with the aforementioned reservations about your leader, I did raise an eyebrow. I note your stated intention behind this post and feel this was not the best way to achieve that. However, this post was not the overriding reason you were removed by me, it was primarily because I didn't know or trust you or the leader who was housing you. 

I don't feel that is losing track of the game. I try to provide chances where I can and where I feel they are justified. I don't get every decision right, but I feel overall that I set a reasonable balance between stifling genuine people and weeding out shitbags.  If your intentions were pure towards Chicago and my family and this was an instance where I was mistaken, then I apologise to you.

Report Post Tip
Grin...

Not that this is necessarily my beef to pick, and I can personally attest that your decision-making process as you stated regarding giving justified chances is 100% truth in my experience, what are your thoughts on the kin dealing with repercussions for an OOC post by his father? That is the main piece that drew me to feel to throw my two cents in the discussion. Chance being killed is one thing. Maybe you made a mistake, maybe not.... I can understand it even in an OOC thread given the circumstances. Regardless, it’s not my place to judge and I think Chance would agree that his death was understood. Chances kin being demoted from upper structure at this point after seemingly nothing but earning his way there is a much different discussion....assuming the realization that Chance was his kin was the sole reason for it.

Yes, CLs can do whatever they want and should do whatever they want with regards to their upper structure but I feel at least there is a conversation to be had whether purely an ancestors OOC thread is real justification, especially if his CL was pressured into it by other powers that be as he asserted (I have no idea whether this is true or not).....
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The thread was in the Street originally, it got hoofed to OOC after. 

I don't know anything about his demotion, so I am unable to comment on that. It certainly wasn't me applying any pressure to his current boss - I didn't know he was the same player until he announced it in this thread.

Objectively, I try to judge each case on its merits. If someone makes a reasonable thread, even if critical of me, provided it isn't just a veiled attempt to call me a dickhead or to get the Admins involved, then I wouldn't kill someone for that. If it is in the Streets and there is an understanding of the hierarchical structure of our world, that too would be fine. If it is OOC then it must be obvious we are talking player to player and not character to character otherwise it may as well be in the Street. The nuance is the important part. 

I don't think any leader, or player in fact, wants less threads or less posts. Even those that aren't to my tastes, if they are within the rules of the game and allow interaction, I'm an advocate for. I choose to allow more autonomy where people are Made Man+, even if the things they say are not popular. Some people dislike this and think everyone should be 100% respectful all of the time, but I have a hard time believing that is how the Mafia worked. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Fantasy or Reality?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL