Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:06:12
Page:  1 
Sacrifices Started by: Gaius on Apr 13, '11 09:58

Shaking his head he walked outside. Nodding to the men he had left at he door, he walked past them into the street. Without a word the men went into the building to start the clean-up work and remove the body. Gaius looked up at the morning sun, the fresh crisp spring time air felt refreshing as he tried to clear his mind. Lighting a cigarette he stood smoking and watching the street around him. He hated this part of his job but knew there was no avoiding it.

The two men came out of the building with a large rolled up rug concealing the body within. Pushing the Oversized parcel into the trunk, they closed up and held a door open for the boss. Gaius looked over at them.

Thanks fellas but I think I'm gonna walk. You take care of that and I'll catch up with you later.

Nodding respectfully the two men got into the car without a word and pulled away leaving Gaius to wander down the streets into town. He loved this time of year, flourishing new life everywhere and the fresh scent of new opportunity at every corner. However today the mood was sombre and his thoughts reflective. He strolled into the nearby square and decided to share his thoughts with the people gathered there.

What a thing it is to lead! For all the external jazz and bright lights it may seem to be to you outside, it can be a hellishly difficult task at times. Being forced into the most impossible choices and given no way out. To say it is a challenge doesn't even come close. Sometimes this job can simply leave you feeling sick. It takes serious strength to make some of the more difficult decisions, for the good of the family, for the safety of your own and your allies. Its certainly not a job anyone can do.

Pulling another smoke from the silver cigarette case in his jacket pocket, he put a flame to it and took a deep drag before continuing.

Today I had to shoot one of my own members. Not an associate that pissed me off or an outsider trying to get in but a Capo! A real made member of my family, a man I had developed bonds with and come to measure as one of mine. A simple mistake on his part, maybe so but our line of work makes simple mistakes a very dangerous thing to accept. This man's mistake was a very simple one but what he did put a life at risk and we were damn lucky that his bullet went astray. In spite of the fact that no harm was done, as his leader I was left with no choice.

Mistakes can cost lives and I will not risk the safety and security of my family on one person's fumble. However innocent the intention. The life of another family's member had been put at risk and I will not stand for such recklessness from one of my members. For the preservation of good relations with the family in question, for the preservation of my own principals and as a message to all of my members, this morning I went to this members home and ended his life. I explained the situation, made sure he knew that his family will be taken care of. Made sure he knew it was nothing personal and why I had to do what I was doing. I pulled the trigger and walked out the door.

Finishing his cigarette, he blew a long plume of smoke into the air and looked around at the crowd.

I will not tolerate any threat to my family. From outside or within. I will do anything I have to, to protect my own. If that sometimes that means making tough calls like this one, I will.

Report Post Tip

Guiseppe watched Don Gaius walk into the square and edge closed in anticipation of a speech he stood and listened waiting for him to finish.

Don Gaius thank you for coming to the street and sharing with us. I think every member of 'this Thing Of Ours' should take note of this speech for a couple of reasons.

Firstly it doesn't matter what rank you are if you make a mistake especially one that involves a firearm you will pay for it. As Don Gaius said even the people that are Made have to follow the rules as one person is not greater than the family and if they make a mistake then it needs to be dealth with just the same as someone who wasn't Made.

Secondly this gives those of you out there that think that leaders just do nothing apart from collect money. There is always something going on. These words here give you a small insight into what a leader has to deal with on a daily basis. Granted it might not always be a situation like this but problems need resovling, bridges need to be built.

Report Post Tip

After pouring out some liquor and attending a funeral to say his words Jimmy walks into the street, taking a seat next to the curb while throwing his feet up on a cardboard box sitting a few feet in the street

To me the biggest thing here was that my friend, and family mate decided to do what he did without thinking of the consequences and the steps needed to fix the issue. A lot of people think once the bullet goes boom, and the suspect of the rule violation dies it ends there.. when very often this is just the start of the political process usually equaling large amounts of money and if the issues persists then very possibly having ill feelings and possibly troubled business relations in the futures between the two cities involved etc.

It is never a easy thing to run a criminal organization, enforcing rules while breakings rules with tact is something that comes with time. Family is the most important thing we have and everyone must constantly remember their actions represent their family and city, both when they do good and bad.

Jimmy nods his head at his boss Gaius before kicking the cardboard box into the street and standing up to walk away

Report Post Tip

Walking down the streets minding my own business, infact whistling a tune of the old days. When i hear my Don looking serious and adressing the crowd.

Gaius, it takes a great leader to recognise the wrong do-ings of your own family members, especially a highly ranked member of your own family. A decsion like this goes deeper than family ties, much deeper than alot of people can see on the surface.

Silly mistakes such as this happen daily in this thing of ours and are not always dealt with in a correct manner, we all read and sighn our own family rules as well as Omerta. For some people this is the only way for them to learn thier lesson, some come back with grudges but most learn and come back stronger. So Gaius i salute you on the correct desicion, all be it a tough one. 

Report Post Tip

Higgs stands among the gathered crowd of Mafioso, listening to the words of Don Gaius. Taking a final draw from the unfiltered Russian cigarette he was smoking, he tosses it to the ground and firmly extinguishes it with the heel of his shoe. The sun was high and bright in the sky that April morning, and after removing his hat and mopping his brow with a pocket handkerchief, he walks to the front of the growing throng......

He passes Don Gaius and the two men acknowledge each other with a single nod. Placing his hat firmly back on his head, Higgs begins to speak...........

The honourable words I have just heard, I would expect to hear from the mouth of any crew leader within our world faced with similar situations. The decision one makes to accept the offer of a Captaincy is never taken lightly, and the responsibilities that the position requires are far reaching. Our society demands the ultimate from both leaders, and those that follow. To enter into such a position without the commitment of your body, and soul, is indication of impending failure.

Yes, there are difficult decisions to be made, sacrifices to be made, and as already stated, bridges to be built. Yet, even at times of the ultimate sacrifice, honour and respect can still be present. For a crew leader to pull the trigger himself is a sign of respect. For the victim to accept the sentence passed upon them by their peers, and to stand undaunted in full acceptance of the decisions made, is also a sign of respect, and the honour to which they are bound. Our society must remain firm in the principles which we all uphold even in such trying circumstances. It is with great sadness that friends and colleagues often fall foul of the rules which govern our society. It is however, confirmation of all that we hold dear, that such sacrifices are made.

Higgs tips his hat towards Don Gaius and accepts a flame from a family member as he lights another cigarette........

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sacrifices
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL