Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 17:55:55
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Pay for Auto Contacts Sorting Started by: FranklinFigs on Aug 01, '20 15:20

Simple suggestion here, can we add to the Credit Spend, the option pay for automatic contacts sorting? 

• User pays for this service  (30 days at a time?)
    • could be included in the timers package?

• The user will have contacts sorted by City
    • default sorting and is dynamic when other users change home cities
    • will only include "Crewed" users

• The contact group will be named by City Name
    • This should be static - unless underlying code can differentiate a changed group name without confusing who's supposed to be in it

• Contact group will have two letter identifier symbol
    • User will be able to change symbol

• Contact group will have no default color affiliation
    • This is leave to "MY FAMILY GREEN" as the default
    • User will be able to change the color affiliation

If anyone has any other thoughts or "rules" to this suggestion please provide feedback!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Not a fan of this to be honest. Part of the whole thing about contacts is the hard work it takes to sort it all out, but you want the game to do all that for you. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Duggee 

You mean like:

• Attack/Petty/Felony/Jail/Flight/Alt timers: The game will notify you when you are eligible to do your next action.
  • Jail Stats Display: Displays how many jails you have done recently and what XP tier you are currently in.
  • Western Union Money From Any City: Transfer money to your central bank from any location.
  • Informative Locals: Online players are displayed in bold for easier identification and tracking. Displays number of TylerDurdens that are currently in your location.
  • City & Drug Specific Tips: Maximize your profit by checking on prices before you fly. Get tips by city or by a specific drug.
  • Profile Notes: Save personal notes on each characters profile.

Instead of a stop watch and a note pad?

Report Post Tip

But all of that info can be easily discovered by other means also without the expenditure of cash.

Auto sorting all of the people online into contact groups auto defeats stealth, it provides the automatic IDs of all associates, info that you can't find in the crew list of a CL, it defeats a lot of the purpose of having the Info skill. Sure you still have to find the person, but a job that at the very least should take you a good week of hard work to perform is now done automatically?

Timers can be easily tracked out of game, and the info they provide is negligible. Again the Jail stats are easily trackable and its information that is automatically available to every player regardless of stats. Western Union has been a feature for so long I can't even remember when it was introduced, however I liked that there were also local banks that you would have to visit to withdraw the cash directly, and I campaigned against it when it was announced that they would be scrapped. Also, Western Union wire transfers were commonly available in the 20s and 30s, so its hardly a cheat.

Again, informative locals really only automates something that would be easily tracked yourself in a matter of minutes, and it doesn't defeat Stealth. If you can't see me, no amount of credits spent will let you know I'm online in your city. City and Drug tips are easily replicated with a mail to a family member or a shout out on the forums. Again its realistic, there have always been people willing to sell information, the local price of Drugs in the next city at a given time is hardly unrealistic. Profile notes again simply brings something I can easily do on my PC or with pen and paper into the game. It doesn't break the realism, it doesn't defeat a stat or group of stats and it doesn't unbalance the game.

Your suggestion would unbalance the game. Making and maintaining a contacts list is a sizeable and comprehensive body of work, it can be quite the undertaking, so much so that many don't even bother with the hassle of it. Deleting the dead, checking the bottom of the 60s list to find out where new associates are going, who they have joined, and then randomly checking to make sure they haven't jumped ship. 

So no, I don't mean like any of the things you have listed, I honestly believe that your suggestion would greatly unbalance the game.

Report Post Tip

I guess that's my point, maintaining a contact list is a function of the game, just like time between petty and felony crimes and going through each person, I can see, in locals to see if they are online. I can, and do, click each online person and build my contacts. ITs not giving something to someone only if they are paying for it, its getting it for them faster, similar to the timers and online bolding.

I think this is ment to be a time consuming process that if done correctly can be a huge asset to any city, though because it takes so much effort many people don’t do it. I think those who go the extra mile should reap the benefits of putting in the work.

Report Post Tip

I like it. Would be a nice paid-for addition that saves time and makes life a little easier; like the other paid-for features.

Report Post Tip

Negative for me

Report Post Tip

Bumping this... just because I just thought about how much I'd like this feature right now.

Report Post Tip
I agree with Marsh. This is something i have always wanted but never could find a way for it to make sense. Excellent suggestion Frankie.

+1
Report Post Tip

Sorry boss ;) still not a fannof this, for all the reasons Duggee stated :p

Report Post Tip

Yeah this is a no for me as well -1

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
It would be nice if users could do some sort of work -1 ya lazy people.

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Pay for Auto Contacts Sorting
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL