Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 17:09:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
so, how about. Started by: Zebedee on Aug 04, '20 11:31

Yeah, I understand all that although i'm quite surprised that there wasn't much appetite for it.

So what you're saying then, is that what I have proposed is already in place just that there have been very few takers?

Report Post Tip
Grin-08 - sadly, most people don't have the gumption for it. One of the reasons I got to where I am today.

You gotta want power to take power.
Report Post Tip

This is really quite saddening.

I wonder where all the people who complain about the same old bloodlines etc are?  I'd imagine they'd be the first to get involved.

I'd still like to see if it would happen if there were a collective agreement of the leadership of all cities.

Report Post Tip

I think it's easier to complain than to actually make an effort.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

alas this is true Cromwell but what have we got to lose by trying?

Totally take Grins point onboard about his initiative in the windy city, but again, i'd love to see this advertised as a collective agreement across all cities.

what have we to lose?

Report Post Tip
I think those complaining about the same old bloodlines aren’t complaining about the things that they really don’t like. It’s easier to say “Oh it’s because the same old people always win” then it is to say, I’m too lazy and bitter to work my way up and earn my way into a position of power again. As for the same old bloodlines argument, this is my first ever time wearing a bold suit. Clearly I’m not one of those same old bloodlines.

I think grins idea, even though I’ll admit at first I didn’t welcome it, is a work of genius. How does the old saying go? “Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up”. Well for the first time, a member of my family has lowered themselves and picked it up. The same option is open to any who are willing to work and save for it.
Report Post Tip
It already is a collective agreement across all cities?
Report Post Tip

I hadn't realised that it was a collective idea, I was under the(apparently mistaken) impression it was in the windy city only.

totally agree with Wheeler, it's a fabulous initiative and a shame more aren't taking it up

Report Post Tip

It was originally in place in Chicago and then encompassed across the country!

Report Post Tip

appreciate the clarification.

Report Post Tip

We all embraced it Zebedee.

We have three such crews in Seattle already, after Wheeler set up today. I can't speak for Wheeler or Boozer as they are both ward of Ragnarok but certainly Vanya assures me he's very happy with the opportunity and is enthusiastic about his future here.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Then I shall retract and applaud the inventive and innovative work being done.

It's a credit to those who implemented it if you may indulge me in saying so.

Report Post Tip

I don't know how your seeing this. But what I'm seeing is "earn your 5(or however many) man crew " competition. Sounds like fun honestly.

Report Post Tip

Grin-08 do your 5 man crews eventually have the opportunity to acquire a larger HQ or is it end of the line at 5?

Report Post Tip

Mr_J- if you prove yourself you will be allowed to upgrade the size of your HQ. All it takes is hardwork and dedication

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well having very little knowledge of the 5 man crews thats not all bad. But does the 5 mil a week continue or will it stop once you go past 5 man hq? Duggee

Report Post Tip

I guess that comes down to the deal you struck with your District head.

Report Post Tip

Well Duggee. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I, personally, don’t think a five million district head tribute is such a bad thing. At a five man crew, yes it could be a stretch to cover for some people, but the more you prove yourself, the more people you can recruit, and the more that five million is spread out between your members. In all fairness though, five man crews won’t be able to carry any dead weight. So it’ll encourage people to put the graft in. I think it’s all one big win win.
Report Post Tip

ah so 5 mill per week to kick up to the head of district?

This is a brilliant business model without doubt, but not what I had in mind.

I would give them all a clean slate, for a week, and see who could hack it at the end.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: so, how about.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL