Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 11:21:13
Page:  1 
Ancestral Memoirs, Vol 1 Started by: Zebedee on Aug 05, '20 17:30

Zebedee approaches his BOING! Box, clears his throat and addresses the crowd beginning to watch with interest, what this funny looking character is up to.

Gather ye round, for I have tales to tell, yarns to spin and yes, mythical legend to discuss.  Great tales of conspiracy, bravery, charisma and derring-do.

This morning I found my ancestors memoirs going back some 19 years and I’d like to share them with you.  Please bear in mind the writing is smudged in places and there may be one or two slight oversights or slight inaccuracies.  I hope there are similar chroniclers out there who may be able to fill in the blanks or correct the journals as we continue.

Zebedee puts on his acorn rimmed spectacles and begins reading.

In the beginning…….

….there was a meeting place, a place where like minded folk could speak of all things that pertained to the underground. This evolved into something…organised.

Questions were required to be answered on creation of an account which gave you a certain skill set.  In these early days, no one really knew which answers did what so a great deal of guess work and research went on.

Families were forged, alliances were made, money was earned and life, well, life expectancy was not great.  The world which was evolving was rudimentary.  Simple, easy, fun yet uncertain.  There was a basic respect and understanding in the world and everything was pretty calm and, well, easy going in the 5 cities.  Yes, five.

New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New Orleans (more on this in vol 2 or 3)

The community were getting to grips with being part of families in cities and the vagaries of basic RP mafia life.

And then the shit hit didn’t just hit the proverbial fan, it crashed into it like a fucking train.

A young and popular Mafiosi was gunned down without explanation throwing the entire world into chaos.  Jet_Black, a young gangster under Morbid_Angel killed a young, popular mobster by the name of Izzycreamcheese (I sometimes wonder what became of that scallywag).  The other main protagonist of the day, Rumblefish, declared the mother of all major wars. These ongoing wars became known as the Morbid, or Angel wars.

And fuck me, what a war!

The entire site split into two camps, pro Morbid or anti Morbid and the battle ebbed and flowed for about a month. Yes, seriously, this went on for just over 4 weeks (by my recollection, I would be happy to be corrected), it was utterly bananas and the most exciting thing I’d been involved in, in an early internet age.  Utterly bonkers, completely exhausting but entirely engaging and mad, crazy fun.

Finally it all came to an end. The inimitable Dr Slaptastic, or slappy as he was known in the forums ended the chaos by killing Morbid_Angel and things started to settle down……or so we thought.

The dust had just settled and we were barely able to draw breath before the gods hit us with something just as intense…………

…………To be continued in Volume 2

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $330,000 Tip

Looking forward to the next installment!  This was a bit before my time.  I showed up during the -mrevilman era.

Report Post Tip

Little bit before my time as well. Definitely want to hear more.

Report Post Tip

I'd dearly love any of the other old giffers out there to add there stories and fill in any holes I may have left out.

Next volume will deal with the first Vday and what happened next.

Report Post Tip
This is interesting Zebedee, looking forward to the next installment. Love seeing old names from yesteryear and reading up on mob history.

Slightly off topic, but do you have the link to the old Tribune issues that Tiggy used to publish? Might be useful for these write-ups. A friend sent me the link a few years back but I lost it. And him. He just plays real life now :(
Report Post Tip

hey The_Head

that's a brilliant idea actually, I'll give her a shout. I've got old irc logs too which could be fun

Report Post Tip

He didn't give me a shout, but here you go... The old Gazette issues from .org days put together by Mother and I.

http://jaundies.com/Gazette/Index.html

I have found some of the logs I used to have on my old site as well.

Report Post Tip

Jeden

I was going to when you got back from your grizzly adams adventures.

Mother and yourself feature in the next volume young lady x

Report Post Tip

I've been back since Tuesday :P We've even talked since I got back. Damn you're getting old. 

Report Post Tip

I know!

but you seem to keep forgetting my penchant for laziness and procrastination.

how much back allowance do I owe you now?

Report Post Tip
The Gazette, of course! Forgive my terrible memory. Thank you Tiggy, something to peruse over to help kill the monotony of work.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Ancestral Memoirs, Vol 1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL