Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:51:35
Page:  1 
Douglas MacArthur - In Memoriam Started by: Anton on Aug 09, '20 16:34

Anton, clearly upset, staggers out of a bar.  He had been drinking, along, clutching a piece of paper with DESTRO PROTOCOL written on it.  His tear stained face is visible, as he clambers onto a soap box and begins to speak...

"Douglas MacArthur, or Mac, as he was known to we in the Competitive Writing Community, was many things.  A Capo.  A suit-maker (I have a couple of his creations in the back of a cupboard somewhere, I think).  A budding newspaper magnate.  A writing content operator.

He was, in many ways, a natural fit for the lower levels of Streets leadership.

For full disclosure, Mac and I had worked on a number of ventures together.  I considered him an ally, and a friend.

Anton weeps, downs a double Cognac, lights a cigar, and continues

Mac was taken from us.  We know not the circumstances.  We know only the loss.

The loss to the Streets.  To the newspaper industry.  To the Competitive Writing Community, which he loved, and which he attempted, many times, to lead, (though he was unsuccessful).

And, let us not forget, Mac operated a 5-man HQ in Chicago.  He was one of us.  Chicago through and through.

An assassin's bullet felled Mac.  We don't know why.  And, I contend, it doesn't matter.  Because all of us will die, most of us by the bullet.

But knowing Mac as I do - he wouldn't want it any other way.  He died like he lived - taken by surprise, surrounded by men smiling and laughing.  

He's in a better place now.

Anton flips open a suitcase with $6M in it...

This is for his son.  Now raise your glasses:

TO MAC!!!"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Rip mac
Report Post Tip

**BitterSweet - Puts on her boots!**

And for the record...  He is not in a better place! 

Report Post Tip

We should never celebrate the death of a coward who chose to fight for a side that commits war crimes to their fellow man.

Report Post Tip

Nick Corleone? Is that you?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Douglas MacArthur - In Memoriam
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL