Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:39
Page:  1 
Galloping Galoshes Started by: Duggee on Aug 14, '20 17:21

Dugge was always on the look out for a new business opportunity, so much so that he sometimes wondered if he was part Ferengi. After all, as the 9th rule of Acquisition said, 'Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.' This was the reason why Duggee had opened his latest store. It wasn't anything fancy, but it had an upstairs store, and an upstairs upstairs which he could use as an office, a place to wack people, or just a place to crash. It was also a rather old building, probably dating from about 1850 or so, with a large window that you could put a display in, and a single door with glass panels top and bottom.

Some people might think that opening a store like this was risky, particularly in Summer, but Duggee had noticed a space in the Market. No one sold Winter clothing in summer, no one, and so there were a lot of folks out their getting their suede shoes and italian loafers ruined by all the fucking crying that was going on from a lot of no name cunts. Purging, killing of fathers, trying to send me free money... boo fuking hoo. Duggee wished that Anton would send him free money, he wouldn't be sending it back with a 'no means no message'. So that meant that he would have to earn his money the hard way... well yes he was stealing it too, but as Duggee always said, if he were as rich as Rockefeller, he'd be richer than Rockefeller, because he would do the Windows on the side.

Duggee looked around the shop, he breathed in the scent of rubber, dust and wax treated fabrics. He looked at the selection of Galoshes, Wellington boots, over coats, slickers and Umbrellas and he knew that this place would be a gold mine. For a start it was literally right opposite the Snowflake Lounge, and that was the wettest place in the city. More gurning and whinging went on in there than did at the Pope's funeral... he still remembered Benedict XV's almost 10 years ago, there was lot of wailing then... still Pius XI was starting to get on in years, might be worth putting a bet on his date of departure. Certainly the bell of the Arco delle Campani would be tolling the death knell before the decade was out.

Prices

Galoshes $15

Wellington Boots $25

Slicker $17.50

Anorak $22.50

Trench Coat $30

Mackintosh $35

Burberry Waxed Jacket $35

Inverness cape $60

Oilskin $22.50

Poncho $12

Sou'wester $8

Umbrella $11

Report Post Tip

Tad was making his way through 12th Street Detroit when he spotted a new store that had not been there during his previous visit. It had a sign out front....

Galloping Galoshes

His interest was definitely peaked as he felt that he could do with the acquisition of some new footwear and whatever else they may have to offer. As he made his inside the building he found it to be filled with an excellent selection. With the recent increase of tears falling from the sky in buckets he thought he would look into protection from the crying that was drenching the criminal underworld. While he hoped it would not be necessary and the crying would decrease.....it would be best to hedge his bets and purchase something today.

As he made his way through the racks and shelves of items he made note of anything that caught his eye. Eventually he setting on his choices and brought them to the front of the store.

"Hello, I think I've found everything I'm in the market for. Although feel free to make any suggestions if I've missed out on something." He smiled as he then began to place items on the counter.

First was an umbrella that was covered in rubber ducks who were wearing a variety of hats. That was followed by a stereotypical trench coat which every mobster should own. Then he placed a yellow poncho on top of the trench coat. He felt that it went well with his new umbrella. Finally, he placed the Wellington Boots on the counter...

"Do you have these boots in a men's 11 US? I think the display pair is just a tad under sized for me. Don't like them squeezing the feet too tightly." He inquired with hope that he'd be leaving here with some nice boots.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Certainly Tad, we Stock all sizes and widths, both US and European. I think you have everything you'll need, unless the amount of crying takes a sudden upswing, which i have a feeling it may do later this week. These things are cyclical after all. I hope to get in a supply of water proof trousers/pants next week, so if you leave a number I'll give you a call when they are in stock. Real heavy duty with built in braces to help hold them up."

Duggee goes into the back and gets the Boots in a size 11, and then puts everything into a heavy duty paper bag.

"That'll be $97 plus Tax. Did you know that Michigan's sales tax was enacted through Public Act 167 of 1933. The act provides for a 3 percent sales tax. So we'll just call it a round $100."

Duggee smiles his duggiest smile and waits expectantly for payment from TadKnackered

Report Post Tip

Tad nodded as he listened to the suggestion of waterproof trousers and he couldn't believe he hadn't thought of it. He'd essentially thought of his whole body besides his own damn legs when it came to protecting from the overflowing tears of the mafia underworld. What would he have done if the tears rose up past his boots!?

"Thank you for that suggestion. I'll definitely leave my number so you can let me know when they come in! Can't let the legs be the only thing getting wet. I also appreciate the weather prediction. Everyone knows you can't trust those meteorologists on the radio." He said thankfully.

The price of all his items was of no surprise to him with the high quality that they clearly were...

"No problem, makes it much easier when the price gets rounded out nicely like that. I'm not one to enjoy carrying change around in my pocket. Makes it harder to sneak up on a target when you're coins are jingling all around your pocket." He said as he pulled out a few twenties and placed them on the counter.

Tad also placed an extra twenty on the coutner...

"The extra is for keeping me in mind when you get your shipment of trousers in. Wanted to show my appreciation in advance. Can't wait to be fully protected. For now everything else will have to do. If the tears get to be too much I'll just find some high ground to keep my current trousers out of it." He said as he thought about possibly investing in land with higher elevations.

Report Post Tip

"Thank you again for your custom. I think if the tears of the butthurt get that bad I may have to resort to selling inflatable dingys, it'll be the only way you will possibly stay dry. However, something to bear in mind, is that the tears of your enemies make a great mixer for a Dirty Martini. After all, its everyone's duty to try and prevent the flood."

Duggee places the money in the till and makes a note of TadKnackered's phone number on a nearby pad of foolscap with a very sharp pencil.

555-2368

The number seemed familiar for some reason, the name Peter or Ray seemed to ring a bell, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.  

Report Post Tip

Finally

someone who stocks wellies! 

Do you have a singly well that i can put my spring into?

also, how about a dear stalker hat?

Report Post Tip

Certainly Zebedee, your spring looks like a size 51 European. Alas we don't stock single boots, but sure if you buy a pair, they will last you twice as long. Unfortunately we don't sell fashion hats either, simply clothes to protect you from the tears of your enemies and those of the butthurt. However, I do believe that you would certainly suit a Sou'wester, I wouldn't get blue though as you might look a bit too much like Ermintrude.

Report Post Tip

ahhhhhhhhh the magnificent daisy chewer, who wouldn't want to look like her?

Mind you, I understand your expertise and shall go with a yellow one please.

Report Post Tip

Not a problem, that will be $35 dollars including tax kind sir.

Report Post Tip

Business was slow, unusually so, Duggee had been sure that even Tetley would need protected from the tears of the butt hurt, but so far only TadKnackered & Zebedee had come to the shop, but some cunt had killed Zeb, so one of his only customers had gone the way of the dodo. Surely he should be busier though, particularly when there was so much crying going on right now, Anton had that effect on folks. 

Maybe things would pick up after the lunch time dinner rush... that never happened either.

Report Post Tip

Jackie was walking by when out of the corner of his eye he noticed something. He took a few steps back and exhaled his cigarette smoke. On a mannequin in front was the Burberry waxed jacket, dark brown, in his size. He tossed the cigarette in the street and proceeded inside. When someone noticed him he smiled pointed to the display: "I'll take that Burberry in the window. I think it'll look good on me."

Report Post Tip

Duggee smiled his most enigmatic smile, which on a dog looked rather preculular, more like distemper than a smile. 

Certainly Jackie_Mazza, and would you like that in a bag or shall you just wear it now?

Duggee quickly grabbed the coat from the display, in case something unfortunate happened. $35 was $35 after all.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Living in antediluvian times meant that GeeZeus didn't have to worry about an impending flood, but being from warmer climes and used to desert conditions and with winter fast approaching, GeeZeus decided to treat himself to a new raincoat and galoshes. To be brutally honest the galoshes didn't really go with his sandals, so he settled on some Wellingtons instead. A simple poncho also took care of keeping his meagre clothes dry. He thought about getting an umbrella to complete the ensemble, but he didn't think that an umbrella was his style. 

GeeZeus took out two $20 bills and left them on the counter, electing to wear his new purchases rather than having them wrapped up in brown paper and string. Stepping out into the wet Detroit afternoon he felt ready for another 40 days in the wilderness, but instead decided to find out where his next destination would be.

Report Post Tip

Galloping galloshes?

I believe I had that once after a dodgy curry

It really wasn't pleasant.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Galloping Galoshes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL