Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 23:23:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Rogue-A-Thon Improvement Ideas Started by: Squishy on Aug 17, '20 22:31

First things first, I am just wrapping up the results for the Rogue-A-Thon, and here is the final numbers.  There were 101 participants, the highest amount earned was +142, the average amount earned was 33.46 to their gun (ignoring tapering)

Now, we had a few issues that are now corrected (Or unable to be corrected)

1) It was the dead of night and not many were around, so it authed the only 2 people eligible for a Rogue and they literally just went offline, so no one could take the shot and code wasn't able to move on.  This is now corrected.

2) Blocked shots are not able to be changed.  They will still happen.

3) Some people are wired differently and will say they were picked less than others.  I assure you that everyone had the same criteria, your activity in chat is what dictated how often your name was thrown into the pool to be selected from.  It randomly chose from that pool.

With that being said....

What ideas do you guys have that could improve this to make it more fun/more whatever?

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

It was nice to play very FUN

Report Post Tip

pop them out but find a way for more characters have a chance'

Report Post Tip

pop them out but find a way for more characters have a chance'

Can you elaborate a little more on this?  

Report Post Tip

Let them be proed'longer with no notice'

Report Post Tip

Put people with higher averages in the same pool. Some people are better at hitting Enter repeatedly. 

Report Post Tip

But what you were doing were cool also'''

Report Post Tip

Maybe top 10 earn some Hustle points...  ?????

Report Post Tip

Well, maybe it should happen on the weekend so that more people can be active late at night.
Report Post Tip

sounds good'

Report Post Tip

" Well, maybe it should happen on the weekend so that more people can be active late at night. "

Our last like 50 events were on weekends, we figured we would throw a bone to the people who work weekends :)

But yeah, I'm thinking if we get this running like a well oiled machine, we can rotate between this and jailing events with a 1-3 ratio of a random M-F to Weekend type event, so that we eventually hit all days off that people could have while still being heavy on the weekends.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

that sounds great

Report Post Tip

I enjoyed this event greatly, one of the best parts was that it wasn't on a weekend. Don't think I'd want to change a thing about it to be honest.

Report Post Tip

Make it more 'Zeb friendly'

Report Post Tip
This event was amazing everyone had a good laugh and communicated and overall had a dead brilliant experience. Thank you.
Report Post Tip

Thank you for having the event on a weekday. Those of us with prior weekend commitments appreciate it greatly. Seeing #main as active as it was and the people (not a bot) actually talking and having fun again was nice for a change!! Lots of laughs were had. I'd call it a success, bugs and all.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I enjoyed the event the way it was too. Enjoyed silly conversations that were light-hearted. 

As in terms of which days in a week, I think very few of us these days can pull a 24hour stint anyway. So it makes no real difference to what day of the week it is, in my opinion. So I agree on not having it on some set day in the week and to rotate it. 

Thank you very much for all the time you put into this, esp then mailing the prizes too. Was great! 

Report Post Tip

I would like for the ability to have conversations in our crew room or district chat to count as much as in main. That would allow me to be building a relationship with my team members, instead of adding what I essentially feel is spam to #main.  I feel like almost all of the conversation was "oooo look who beat me again," "why does he have to be in my pool," or maybe trying to bet on who would get the next shot.  

It was really cool when you were sponsoring a little game during.  I don't even really feel like you would need to give real rewards, its just something fun to do and talk about. I like that a lot, and appreciated the effort.  Maybe playing trivia should count for this as being as active as talking in main?  I dunno.  

Report Post Tip

Lets do this again..

Report Post Tip

I know it was discussed at the time with a mixture of people for & against but I really enjoyed seeing who was in my hitpool. When the pool was hidden it certainly 'felt' like I was in the pool with the same people a lot (Or just got beat by the same few people consistently) Activity in crew chat being rewarded or making people eligible for the hit pools would be a +1 from me. Dates of future events doesn't matter to me at all. I really enjoyed the event. Perhaps a freeze out option for people who have smashed a lot of killing in 'x' period of time to share the rewards around a little more. In all honesty it was great.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Rogue-A-Thon Improvement Ideas
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL