Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:08
Page:  1 
Power. Started by: Sprozza on Mar 05, '08 17:48
Sprozza stepped onto the upturned oil drum(how's that for originality?!) and waited for the masses to dutifully congregate to hear his words of wisdom. When he was satisfied with the size of the audience, he began to speak in a rich, deep, and quite frankly orgasm inducing Mancunian accent.

As many of you will know, and if you don't know you should, I fancy myself as quite the orator, and so I felt I couldn't let the events of this week pass without an exploratory speech from yours truly.

Sprozza idly dusted off an imaginary grain from his suit before continuing

For those who are salivating at the thought of knocking such a great man as myself off his perch for disrespecting the dead, move on, there won't be any of that from me. For those who expect to be enthralled and awed, gather round!

As we saw recently in Turk's speech, we are all in this thing for different reasons. For some, it's all about the money. Others, it's family and the code of erta. For a very small bunch, it's about the smell of male musk in the mornings.

Whatever we are 'in it' for though, we are governed by one thing. It is not, as some of you would assume, respect, nor is it honour. It is power. Absolutely every action we partake in is linked to power, and this week so far has been the most crystal clear lesson in power I have ever seen in my time here.

On Monday, we saw Cab_Tufting of Chicago exert power in a way we'd never seen before. He imposed a tax on the jails of his city, a move a lot of you whiney bastards simply couldn't cope with. I won't blather on about this too much, it's an open and shut case and it's been beaten to death. What I will say, however, is that Cab felt he had the power to pull off such a measure, and he has succeeded thus far. Any of you could choose to impose a similar embargo on jails where the bribes come from your own pocket; whether you'd have the clout to pull it off is an entirely different manner.

The second event, and easily the most newsworthy, was the death of -TheJackOfHearts-. Honestly, given the amount of embittered rants I'd seen regarding other takedowns recently, I was surprised at how little was said about this groundbreaker. Bar one or two cretins hellbent on ruining what little credibility they had, I didn't hear a peep. Back to something more relevant though, and perhaps the biggest lesson we can take from these events.

-TheJackofHearts- earned a great deal of my respect, he made some ballsy choices and had quite the propaganda campaign going. Perhaps he had earned PrinceofCheese's and the late Altitude's respect too, but the odds of us finding out are slim, and the matter is inappropriate anyway. What is appropriate, however, is that they felt he had overstepped his bounds and acted accordingly. A cryptic statement from the Cheesy Monarch hasn't clarified the specific reason for his death.

Was it making the gutsy statement that anyone shooting his members will die that signified the end?

Was it claiming Las Vegas as his own city that had the Death Knoll tolling?

Could we even stretch to say it was making himself look the magnanimous Samaritan on the back of Cab's jail decree that proved to be the final nail in the coffin?

Was it perhaps a culmination of these factors?

In my opinion, it doesn't matter. The fact is that all of these actions were ballsy manoeuvres, and I commend Jack for it, God rest his soul. Sadly though, it was felt that he had gone too far, and another chapter of our rich history came to a close. To reiterate a previous point, this was, for me, the most glaring lesson in how much power, or the perception of power, factors in the decisions of everyone. Jack undoubtedly had the potential to be a fine leader, though he sadly tried to exert power he did not wield, a great shame.

The actions of Hans yesterday further cemented my argument. Exerting power one does not possess, even when in jest, will seemingly always end in tears.

Power effects every single judgement that is made, every single action that is taken. The notion of power holds more weight than onore, sangue, famiglia and erta. It is to La Cosa Nostra as the Sun is to the Earth. It is everything. It is time people acknowledged this fact.
Report Post Tip
Excellent speech. This should be required reading for all new immigrants and inserted into its own chapter in the Mafia Bible. Such an elementary concept, inextricably linked to this thing of ours, and yet so few are able to grasp it or accept it as being our cornerstone.
Report Post Tip
Wise words. Anytime someone grasps for power there will be people who will do whatever it takes to deny it from happening.
Report Post Tip
Wonderfull words of wisdom...I also think this is something that needs to be read by all. mainly Noobs but I think everyone can use a refresher. Nice work.
Report Post Tip
See the young man speaking in front of the big crowd, saying very great words.

Walks away quietly, hearing a great speech.
Report Post Tip
I won't add anything to this speech as I do not feel the need to; I'll just say that I enjoyed listening to it and I found it very interesting.
Report Post Tip
Truly a profound speech everyone here would do well to read it.
Report Post Tip
Great speech Sprozza, definitely one for the records!
Report Post Tip
Turk nods in agreement throughout Sprozza's speech...

Absolutely spot on Sprozza. Regardless of what we thrive on individually in this thing of ours, all roads lead back to those that have the power to really choose their own path and that of those around them.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Power.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL