Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:49:08
Page:  1 
Las Vegas Started by: PrinceofCheese on Mar 05, '08 19:45
The now excited POC clears his throat and continues to speak

There's been a lot of chatter about why Las Vegas was recently cleansed of it's leadership.

Many were bullshit but in some cases I'm man enough to admit there was an element of truth. Regardless I'll spell it out to you now.

Let's go back a little to when Brucecarrol and Spiderpig were taking their final walks around the streets of Vegas...as they sunk to the bottom of the riverbed I made a choice to give 2 young made men a chance to adhere to the wishes of the godfather of the city (yes me) whilst making the most of an opportunity to drive the development of beautiful profits sky high in this famous city.

Orwell was unfortunately cut down by my ex-colleague Altitude. This was a fairly major misunderstanding which resulted in shockwaves throughout our world as rumours of war between 2 powerful CP leaders raged. In reality that would never have happened as Altitude accepted his mistake and I deemed that level of bloodshed as being deterimental enough in itself as I reaquainted joyously with Orwell's young sun.

This left -Jackofhearts- in the city alone. He quite quickly ranked to Capo but make no mistake his mandate was to report to me and not cause trouble with those more powerful than him. Within the first 3 days he was seen bickering agressively with other leaders when he did not have the power to back it up. I stepped in for him and defended his qualities when others had their eye on his fine suits. I tried to reason and requested that he remember his place.

Apparently he did not understand what I meant. With Cab_Tufting raising a tax on jails in Chicago -TheJackofHearts- took it upon himself to raise a counter offer in Vegas. Whilst I am not a man to protest profit (once I get my fair share) I did wonder why my city was being propagated by a young man barely old enough to clean his own ass. Nonetheless I again looked the other way and supported the passion and energy of youth, especially a reasonably competant street speaker.

However the line was crossed. When I returned to the office after a tough days work teaching my new criminals how to turn over the local outlets I saw posters of speeches JOH had made earlier in the day which I paraphrase below:

Vegas is mine not POC's, he does not control policy here

So what Vegas is mine

I must admit this was a fairly large surprise as it was my city and he was merely playing a role and proving himself. If he thought he was strong enough to snatch a city from me, he should have done it over my dead body. This disrespect was unforgiveable so I got on the blower to my hitters and we took strategic positions on the hills of Vegas. We carefully watched JOH's family going to the various planes and coming in straight onto the strip. We had our locations and we fired mercilessly.

Disrespect can only be remedied with the ultimate honour and we felt that it was time to make a stand, a stand for what is right and what we believe constitutes respect. We had some logistical problems in the first round and it took me some time to finally hunt down JOH himself but when I did, the end was swift.

Post war I called for the national map and assessed the HQ space across the cities. After doing a bit of calculus I took a call that in spite of pleas for bold, there was no immediate need. I would not be rushed into making a snap decision when adequate resource was already in place. This assumption proved to be true as we still see much selection available in the local HQs.

So that's it. That's why Vegas lies empty at this time and that's why I took a stand for the only justice a mafioso truely believes in. May it be a warning to others that whilst you can practise your power chat infront of the mirror, when you come to the streets, you had best be ready to back it up with your gun.

Yes we will see more auths into the empty cities but yes as always patience is a virtue,

Much love,

POC
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Las Vegas
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL