Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 10:35:48
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Human decency - Standards - NPC Targets. Started by: Squishy on Aug 26, '20 22:31

Let me start off by apologizing that I am writing this in haste, out of anger, and extreme disappointment.  I am sure the typos and poor grammar will take away from the point, but I ask that you look past that and try to understand the spirit of it rather than the exact wording.

The standards are set by the leaders.  The 'actual standards' are set by the actions and inaction of what they do when faced with it. I have lost faith that people are willing to set standards and equally enforce them when it really really matters.

It was incredibly disappointing to see that a Chicago crewleader wrote a fantasy rape thread about one of our users.  It was even more disappointing to see someone tip it.  But you know what the saddest realization was?  I know that it was just another statement that would have caused every single crewleader to turn their head the other way and shrug.

The actual standards are set by the actions and inactions of the crewleaders.

People will only act as good as the shittiest behavior you guys tolerate. 

I would love for you to go home to your wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, daughters or sons and proudly explain to them the standards that you uphold.

Have some fucking pride, have some fucking standards, and most off, have some balls.

I would love to get back to the point where I can have trust in the collective game that when push comes to shove, I wouldn't be embarrassed by the leaders of this community.

On a side note, the NPCs are harmless.  They are now converted over to just targets, and will be spawned in all cities so that with every shot maybe people will feel a little more enticed about being on the right side of human decency.

Report Post Tips: 26 / Total: $1,600,633 Tip
Hey.

I guess the difficulty is, you won’t be part of any conversations where any wrongs are discussed. So if people have been reprimanded for any wrong doings, whether that is a monetary compensation or some kind of private apology or a sit down. How do we then work this?

I feel it’s a bit of grey area and would really appreciate some clarity OzzyCreamcheese.
Report Post Tip

I guess the difficulty is, you won’t be part of any conversations where any wrongs are discussed. So if people have been reprimanded for any wrong doings, whether that is a monetary compensation or some kind of private apology or a sit down. How do we then work this?

Thats a very fair point. If the leaders are handing something behind closed doors, but leave the offenses out in the public unaddressed, the community as a whole can only imagine that the offense is being supported through inaction.  How do you propose the leaders can restore the faith to the public that they are handling it and it is indeed unacceptable behavior?

Lets take the Anton example.  What was the planned response?  Do you know of any examples that your crew/district/city have set forth with prior incidences with high rankers that you can set forth as an example for others to follow?

Report Post Tip

I would love for you to go home to your wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, daughters or sons and proudly explain to them the standards that you uphold.

They’d be like “why are you telling me this?”

There are people that play this game that don’t give it a second thought once they log off. They don’t want to lead a “community” or police game standards. They play with the assumption there is a governing body to tend to the game rules and standards, which this game has always had in place with today's events to serve as an example.

If an outsider looking in saw a concerning post written by a player, they would question why the game admins allowed it to remain unchecked. Not the userbase.  In this case the posts were promptly removed, and two players were jailed and one later suspended. 

I’ve always appreciated HelpDesk and game admins as they have all assisted me in the past. But I have no interest in being a “leader of the community” and despite cries to the contrary, most others don’t either. They’re mostly concerned about training a gun and not having their characters killed in an adversarial mafia game.

So Izzy you can go home and explain with a sense of pride the standards you uphold on your platform. It’s what’s expected any game owner/admin. If I had a complaint that I felt as though fell outside the in-game scope of things, I’d take it up with an admin as well and expect some sort of action to be taken, or an explanation as to why that wouldn’t be an admin’s responsibility to address. I’ll gladly step down as a slanted position if it means by holding it I’m held to a higher standard than a non-bold or non-slanted player. I for one don’t want that responsibility and if I’m granted more freedoms and less aggravation as a player that way, it seems like a more appealing option. Speaking solely for myself I’d have no hard feelings about doing that. 

Hoping this post doesn’t land me in trouble. I think a great deal of Izzy and appreciate having this game to play.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

But I have no interest in being a “leader of the community” and despite cries to the contrary, most others don’t either

Long time since I have posted here but after the recent events I feel a great need too. You do not speak for the entire community. Not a single soul here does. I am still fairly young and I feel personally my leader is a great dude. I think he is a great leader in this community,  certainly if he had no interest in it , him being the great player he is he would simply not do it.  I strongly advise speaking for others , it very much so makes you look stale. 

It is as simple as you not being upper structure If you feel the need to not bear the responsibility of carrying yourself in a decent manner. I dont think anyone is asking for players to shit out gold , however respect and kindness go a long way. 

In regards to the outsider looking in that was very far fetched.  This community is small and we do expect leaders to hold each other accountable.  This is how it has always been , if izzy needed to step in it is because the lack of self policing.  Had another leader killed anton I'm sure the matter would not have even hit main.  

RubberLips

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Wasn't Anton unbanned early from his last year-long ban per your agreement with him? The responsibility for this one could fall a long way.
Report Post Tip

Wasn't Anton unbanned early from his last year-long ban per your agreement with him? The responsibility for this one could fall a long way.

[15:08:59 03-23-20] <IzzyCreamcheese> ok, I shortened your ban
[15:09:25 03-23-20] <Kuku> Thanks man, I really appreciate it
[15:09:27 03-23-20] <IzzyCreamcheese> I ask that this be the last time we have issues man, I cant stress how much this fucked me over :/
[15:09:34 03-23-20] <Kuku> I honestly understand 

After him serving 6(ish?) months of his previous ban, I shortened it on the one condition that there be no further issues.  My goal is to never block someone from playing.  I genuinely believe that your average person can learn from a mistake and better themselves.  Some people learn quickly, some people take a while to learn, some never do.  I had felt that he had genuine remorse about his cheating in the game, so his ban was shortened because once someone has learned their lesson, anything past that would just be pointless punitive punishment past what is actually needed.

So while he may have learned a lesson about cheating and its impacts on the game as a whole - it obviously did nothing to his perspective on the impact his actions have directly on players he specifically targets to hurt.

Report Post Tip

Anton and his lineage was given a platform too harass other players. He was supported by many leaders and not just Chicago. They encouraged him by supporting his postings. These people are as much to blame as Anton himself. It's apparent that the original goal of the five man crew was just to set up KuKu as a leader. They all used this to their advantage by killing off players who disagreed with KuKu in anyway. Especially when it came to Billy Ruso. They all owe Billy an apology. 

I find it fucking appalling that a rape thread took place in these streets about another player. Thank you Squishy for stepping in. As I recall you replaced your Admin status with two other people. So what the hell Rubberlips is talking about is beyond me. They should be called looselips. 

Report Post Tip

Can you say if his ban is prolonged? I have had many issues with him and many others did too. He was not well-liked in this community by the majority of people. Not seeing him for a while would be music to my ears. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

He was not well-liked in this community by the majority of people.

I for one love kuku and I have this uncanny ability to understand his funny wit.

Even if I hated him I would still say that you guys need to stop over blowing things just to try and extend the ban. Very pathetic. 

Report Post Tip

Hes been caught with dupes too many times, vote fraud too many times, cheated too many times, warned too many times, forgiven too many times.  There comes a time when you have to realize that while some may find him humorous (myself included sometimes) - the overall pattern is that he was, is, and will continue to be toxic to the community as a whole.

It still stinks when I see others pretend to be offended to try and bait out a greater punishment.

Report Post Tip

Stop wiping Grins ass LEGEND

Report Post Tip

How many times must someone's bloodline be DD'd before people realize they are a cancer? Anyone who supports someone who has been as toxic as kuku is likely a problem here as well. Enablers were a big part of the problem when it came to Kuku. When enablers encouraged Kuku all you did was fan the flames and embolden him to do even stupider things.

Report Post Tip

How many times must someone's bloodline be DD'd before people realize they are a cancer? Anyone who supports someone who has been as toxic as kuku is likely a problem here as well. Enablers were a big part of the problem when it came to Kuku. When enablers encouraged Kuku all you did was fan the flames and embolden him to do even stupider things.

Lexus See i need to point out that defender over the last 30 (ish) odd hours also went on his own killing spree. With no thought for anyone he killed. So is this an acceptable action? where is the differences to what you are saying? He will have killed people who had no idea, or are not involved in anything. where is your view point on this? or does that not suit the narrative you are trying to push?

Report Post Tip

My character let Kuku, an often maligned and targeted figure, be a completely loyal crewleader to my character's organisation. He did not do anything from a character perspective that my character felt the need to kill him for.

When his behaviour became outside the rules of the game, he was killed by the people who police those rules. It still seems quite cut and dried to me. 

Scousepole is seriously comparing Defenders' actions to the topic at hand? Defender is not the first to go on a killing spree. Yet you are all in when it comes to purging a player. 

Report Post Tip

You don't need to point out anything nimrodpole. You are making assumptions. It's making an ass out of you. Again.

Grin, you not seeing what he was doing when he was a crewleader as wrong is exactly why you shouldn't be leading. Time and again he went too far. Time and again you yucked it up with him and your pals. You are a disgrace to this place.

Report Post Tip

When enablers encouraged Kuku all you did was fan the flames and embolden him to do even stupider things.

The people who enabled Kuku are the ones who he "targeted". If you don't want to interact with someone, then don't. Coming out to the streets specifically to engage in a battle of wits, losing, then claiming you're a victim of harassment is, quite Frankly, embarrassing... almost as embarrassing as publicly pondering one's thinly veiled digs at a GFC, after throwing their muesli covered toys out the pram and demanding a lifetime ban for another's thinly veiled insinuation.

Report Post Tip

Grin, you not seeing what he was doing when he was a crewleader as wrong is exactly why you shouldn't be leading. Time and again he went too far. Time and again you yucked it up with him and your pals. You are a disgrace to this place.

Why? Because I don't think users should police game rules? I don't. I imagine that is actually the whole point of why game rules exist, so that users can focus on playing their characters, having a good time and not worrying about any of that. 

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Human decency - Standards - NPC Targets.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL