Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 18:22:51
Page:  1 
Streets seeming less in character Started by: Alex_Turner on Sep 07, '20 10:43

I'm not sure if this has been brought up recently so I apologise if I'm covering old ground.

Am I the only player who feels like the streets is becoming a lot more gamey and less true RP? I'm not sure how many more times I need to read 'mark yourself disloyal' which is, if we've forgotten a game mechanic term.. Only the other day I saw someone in the streets using a player name and not a character name. I understand that frustrations may lead things to get heated but surely it isn't that difficult to understand how to roleplay those frustrations in a mature way which adds to the game and not just just spamming the same ooc rhetoric? 

Report Post Tip

I was just thinking about this yesterday after I read a post (Lexus' here) where they manage to refer to the thread as a post only to RP, italics and all, the very next line. It was baffling. I really don't believe that roleplay on the streets needs to be overly-scrutinized (and in fact think we would all be better served by Anton's brilliant idea in Suggestions to move the timeline of the game forward to the 70s) but it takes such a minimal amount of thought and effort to skirt around blatantly OOC terms that some kind of vigilance over cleaning that up would go a long way. 

Report Post Tip

Exactly your point Cromwell and thank you for replying. I'm not going to judge anyone for the historical accuracy of their RP, I frankly don't care and don't have the time. But I don't feel like it's a big ask to leave out clear OOC terms and gameplay mechanics.

Report Post Tip
It's not anymore OOC than usual. See something out of place, report it. Simples.

I've often seen the quote you refer to and each time it's been written in a manor that would be deemed in character.

Simply saying mark yourself disloyal isn't OOC on it's own. Context is everything.
Report Post Tip

There is usually some form of OOC-itis in the Streets because some people just cannot grasp the concept of IN Character and what that means exactly. 

Sadly OOC-itis is everywhere because I've noticed that a crew leader completed their crew details page for the RP Intro section...yet it is completely OOC.  Leading by example has always been a good idea in life.  

I never understood how it was so difficult to understand the difference between IN Character and OUT of Character.

Report Post Tip

you maybe right, but at lease people are engaging.

I think sometimes it's worth to turn a blind eye to some grey area writing when it gets the community involved.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Streets seeming less in character
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL