Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 07:40:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
TEMP GAME CHANGE: Auth not required for ranked shots Started by: Squishy on Sep 12, '20 20:39

I'll make sure to defend the game in a way that is alright with everyone else next time.

Sympathising with those who were fucking the game up, mad.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I was operating entirely within the rules of the game.

Report Post Tip
This regime will be replaced eventually with another regime. People will cry the blues about how they operate as well. Will you follow suit and remove auth request so people can go for the 1%? Gotta keep it fair across the board.

PS. The entire site still wants to see these logs. Keeping them from everyone is suspect.
Report Post Tip

Who would’ve thought there would need to be a “don’t try to fuck the game up” rule. You could just be a decent person, and you’d be alright.

I've seen no evidence that any of the current crop of leaders was trying to fuck the game up. I've seen 1 spurious accusation with zero back up, however I have seen on numerous occasions people gurning their lamps out in main, complaining to izzy that they died in a game where death is a key mechanism. If anything, those people who have stopped playing, and are hit listing people, and are refusing to engage in the game in a meaningful way are the ones who have done far more to demand changes to the code and hold the game to ransom.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

It’s not the first time logs which have ultimately lead to the death of a CL haven’t been produced. 

Wouldn’t hold your breath. 

Report Post Tip

Threats or attempts to harm someone in any capacity outside of the game (physically, emotionally, socially, financially, professionally and so on).

Report Post Tip
It's in the logs bro!

Ha, classic.
Report Post Tip

I am not a third party and I have still not seen the logs for which I was killed. 

Report Post Tip
repeating the same sentence is totally going to convince him to show you. You should keep that up
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Why are you guys demanding logs as if they've ever been given for situations like this?

Report Post Tip

If you didn't apply that punishment, allowed them to continue to play, took their time and money and then chose to take action afterwards on those same actions, that would seem very ethically suspect to me. Almost as ethically suspect as taking action without providing any explanation whatsoever.

This has been done over and over and over and over again. Anyone who things Izzy is ethical in any kind of way at this point is just stupid.  

Report Post Tip
I think that Javier was correct in the sense that decentralizing the power and adding the social element, or the “playing in the sandbox” element back is important.

I’ve always looked at BG wacking and thought that the amount of damage a BG shot can do should be adjusted. Off the top of my head - something like 1 BGE for every 100 WS the shooter has is kind of my thought process.

Purging means you’re dead at _____ days no matter the quality of your play, the work you put in or any communication with good intent doesn’t really matter. Having 10-12 guys working together to build 500 guns to lower a BG capped guy seems reasonable. It would allow for more pockets of people working together to achieve a common goal. It would also encourage alliances to a greater degree than what’s required currently.

Anyway - that’s my .02. This game is more like a wierd combo of The Hunger Games and a political debate than it is a mafia game. It’s been that was for awhile. Not that it’s not fun or anything, but this isn’t a mafia game per se anymore.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Anyway - that’s my .02. This game is more like a wierd combo of The Hunger Games and a political debate than it is a mafia game. It’s been that was for awhile. Not that it’s not fun or anything, but this isn’t a mafia game per se anymore.

I've been getting that feeling too and man. It sucks.

I want to play as a Mobster not some politician and apparently that's what MR is these days. Oh you didn't get the backing of the ___ Party congrats you're dead. These guys don't support your bill it's not going to get passed.

Report Post Tip

This genuinely isn't the worst idea, Perhaps it should be a feature that is actively considered to be kept... 

it could provide a positive new dynamic for the game - something that would mirror the reality of the murky world of the mafia - that anyone, with a gun, has the potential to kill another person. 

That being said, I am not sure it has taken the effect that it was intended to. 

It may have been levied as punishment to the uppers (even those who had not taken a HQ until this was put in place)

But instead it has just caused anarchy, because fundamentally there are three aspects to this game

1. RP'ing 2. Killing Stuff 3. Dice & Gambling

& a lot of people like doing No 2.

But Gangsters 1% a GF, just isn't realistic, So why not keep this, but place an +X rank limited on it. 

People should be able to plan & plot to take over the game. But senseless make an account attempt 1% is not quite right.&nbsp;

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: TEMP GAME CHANGE: Auth not required for ranked shots
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL