Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:46:55
Page:  1 
Having a Sniff with Grif Started by: Grif on Apr 20, '11 19:00

A creaky ceiling fan spins around repeatedly overhead.  Grif, lying on the floor below, watches as dust flings from one of the circling blades and lands on his bruised left hand.  He blows it off and sits up slowly, dragging himself closer to the nearest wall behind him.  He adjusts his body so that his back can rest comfortably against it.

A few moments pass while Grif struggles to remember where he is.  The room is dark.  There is only one window covered by thin, blue curtains.  The rest of the room is almost empty too.  A worn out couch sits in the middle of the wooden floor and a black coat hanger looms to the right of it.  Outside, the sun begins to rise and the bright light penetrates the curtains, illuminating everything inside the room.  Then, Grif’s eyes grow wide as he spots something on the floor.  Following him to the wall is a trail and pool of red…

Suddenly, the door swings open as Ein and ReDellaGiungla burst into the room, guns raised in the air.  They look around, spot Grif, and rush over to his location.  Swifty, Ein asks

Are you okay? Grif what the hell happened to you?

Then, the memories flood back to Grif.  He starts to chuckle and then breaks out into an uncontrollable laugh.  He puts his left index finger in the pool of red liquid beside him and then lifts it to his nose.  

Take a guess at what it is.

ReDellaGiungla also sniffs and instantly responds,

It’s paint!

At that moment, Ein turns to Grif with a smile.

You bastard! You did it without me again, didn’t you?!

ReDellaGiungla looks confused. Grif nods his head in the direction of the curtains.  The words, “Suck it blues!” can be read in red, wet paint across the curtains.  The walls are covered in the same phrase.  Grif begins to explain.

I’m not sure who lives here but the blue caught my attention last night.  Terrible choice of colors in my opinion.  You may think that I got a bit carried away with the paint but I like the look of this place now. It should be a nice surprise for the owner when they return.  

The group leaves the building and walks towards a black car parked out front. They hop in and tell the driver to take them south on Roosevelt Boulevard.  The guys talk about what happened the night before until they see a large group of people on the road.  Grif tells the driver to stop and they all exit the vehicle. 

This spot is perfect.

Grif clears his throat and waves at everyone to grab their attention.

Afternoon.  My name is Grif. Recently, Godfather –Premeir authed me as his newest captain in this fine city.  I plan on taking full advantage of this opportunity by helping to rebuild Philadelphia. We have a talented bunch and I will do my best, alongside Dementor and Prem, to make the city a thriving, successful place to live and visit. I won’t keep you all for long but I would like to introduce my family, The Red Team!

There is a short pause and then he continues.

There is still much work to be done but before I go, I would like to give thanks to those who have helped me along the way.  To the fallen members of Saint Louis, thank you all for your support and pushing me to my potential.  Furthermore, –Premeir, I can’t express how appreciative I am of your hospitality. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be alive today.  Well that’s all for now. Hopefully I’ll see you all around. Thanks for your time.

Grif steps back down.  He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a key and a note given to him by the Godfather the day before.  He shows it to the two guys and looks over the note.

Let’s check out the HQ.  The address is printed here.

They hop back into the car and head towards the HQ. The drive feels way too familiar to the group.  When the vehicle parks at the destination, it sits in the road in front of the building where Grif woke up that morning.

Well fellas, at least we won’t have to worry about decorating the walls.

Report Post Tip

Congratualtions Grif, I wish you all the best and i'm sure you'll do fantastically as -Premeir's captain. All the best.

Report Post Tip

Katana hearing Grif's announcement smiles and nods.

Congratulations Grif. I know that you will do this city proud, and you have worked especially hard to attain this. Congrats again.

Katana shakes his hand as she then wanders back off into the crowd and down the busy streets.

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire listens to Griff from the driver seat of her three wheeler. She smiled at the recent events happening in Philly and knows that many more great things are to come from this fine city. She steps out of her car and heads to the front of the crowd where Griff is stood.

"Griff, I want to with you all the best with Godfather Premeir in Philly. I know that all the captains Premeir picks to represent his fine city will do a great job and without a doubt you'll for fill the shoes you have been given. Congratulations on your position and I look forward to working with you in this world of ours."

Mrs-Doubtfire shakes Griff's hand and smiles at him. She then slowly walks back to her car and sits inside. She starts up the engine and drives away.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Having a Sniff with Grif
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL