Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 21:06:57
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Fixing stuff - constructive input needed. Started by: Squishy on Sep 14, '20 01:37

Big one

In game coded shot reports. Some people don't feel safe going to a third party site and filling out a shot report. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Better one than the one above, get rid of shot reports, in what universe would you fill out a report when you shot someone??? Litterally only exists to keep those in power stay there. Make it a rule to not do so and only inform your CL (Who then cannot share outwith crew) of your current wachstat, for war planning purposes.

Report Post Tip

Follow protocol. DD shouldn't be the first thing that is gone to when there's still an investigation to be had. Determining that people are guilty without seeing all sides of it has lead to many stressful events and surely is something that could be limited at least partially with an additional time-period to actually...investigate. 

When there are relevant game code changes made, announce them. Keep a track of what's live and what isn't so that HelpDesk isn't sat scratching their heads wondering how to answer a mail. 

The moment an Admin is unable to take their personal feelings out of a situation in regards to a player, the situation should be passed off to a capable Admin. Whether it's admitted or not there are clear biases in both directions when it comes to handling punishments and it sends a vary wavering message to the userbase. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Discontinue the practice of engaging people in regards to decisions made by Admins. If a conversation needs to be had surrounding a situation it should be done in private with the offending parties and involved Admins both in the right state of mind. (Y'know, not 2 seconds after a situation happens). 

Genco, then as soon as a crew leader asks for shot reports, moles in other families can warn other families of this and act accordingly. I think Tommy's suggestion of having in game coded shot reports is for the best.

Report Post Tip

Zezima, that's why I am saying only inform your own CL. Make it a regular thing such as now but completely unshareable between Crews, that way CL's have an accurate knowledge of who is pro and who is gun and what their capabilities are, but crucially those in other crews/cities/families do not know and therefore cannot decide to strike out at someone because their gun just hit a certain number as currently happens frequently.

Report Post Tip

perhaps a holding crew which one is put into immediately after entering the game.  after some guidance (or if it's a returning player) the player then tries to get recruited.

Report Post Tip
To gencos point, that would mean a crew only knows a rival crews heavy hitters from what they've seen and word of mouth which is much more realistic if you think about it.
Characters would begin to get a reputation as a 'enforcer' or 'hitman' which has its own risks and rewards but is certainly more interesting.
Report Post Tip

Shot reports are not something the admin controls. Leaders/cities do. The leaders can eliminate them any time they want.

My thought is the wb by anyone made on anyone not yet made should be increased significantly. Discourage them with a real chance of pushing up daisies. Same thing with someone under made shooting at someone made + .. increase the wb significantly. While this won't solve all the random killings happening it could significantly slow them down. I think 5% would be a good deterrent.

As for wars, code in when X amount of players from a family shoot at the same time the wb goes to 1% for, say 6 hours.

Upper structure, I liked the one that limits the amount of times they can be a CL or hand in a year. The year would start upon their first death. This would reduce the monopoly that has caused so many of these problems.

I'll wait to see what is ultimately done because something must be done before I decide to return. I'm so frustrated at this point I still see nothing to bring me back and I am sure many people feel this way. Who wants to play a game in such a toxic environment? Not me.

Report Post Tip

@Adoona & Vintage&nbsp;there are a few reasons why the same people always end up in charge. The first is that MR is not a hard game to learn, but it takes years to master. If you look at the people who are always near the top its because they have been here for years. They know people, and for the most part they are trusted by their peers.

The second reason is that Admin introduced a rule that states that you can be held responsible for the actions of your hands, CL or the person you auth/Authed you. So essentially you join my crew, you work hard, we get on well. You haven't been around much, but I like you, you seem a good spud. However, do I trust you enough to make you a hand, or make you a captain under me, when you could insult the admin and get me DDed along with you? I have lost track of the number of times I have been DDed for something someone else did, and I am not alone in this. Now you could easily code in that people can only be a hand or a CL 3 or 5 times in a year, but that still doesn't mean I would necessarily give you a chance given that my character is on the line too. 

Also, how do you count it? For instance, if I am authed tomorrow, and then on Saturday Seattle is taken out in a war, Does my 3 days as a CL count as one of my goes? How about if during a war I set up temporarily to house the homeless. Standing down once things have settled and the dust has cleared. Does that count as one of my runs as a CL? How about if you literally just set up and 5 minutes later die of a Wackback or to Tyler Durden (which has happened) does that count as a go as well?

I believe that if you are killed as a CL Zek, be it an hour or 120 days it counts. However, if you step down to hand the reins over, that shouldn’t count. 

The only way to cap the same leaders time and time again is to set a number on it, between 3 and 5 in this case. It should be the same way for hands as to keep friends from handing the power around over and over again to gangsters and goombas.

Id stretch it as far as upon your death as a CL or hand, you can’t serve in the same position for 30-60days. That would at least give others a chance to step into power if they so choose to.

Report Post Tip

I still don't think it will see a lot of new blood authed given the potential fall out from admin imposed punishments.

Report Post Tip

Admin imposed sanctions can be avoid by not mindlessly killing everything and anyone for self preservation reasons, Zek. It’s the risk that is taken in the mob. At any point in time you could start your car engine and as soon as you hit the gas, kaboom. Anyone should be fair game from a bullet. 

I'm not talking about admin imposed sanctions though DickGrayson. I'm talking about, for instance, a RHM of a crew who got drunk and gave the admin abuse on IRC, which resulted in him, the CL and the LHM all getting a DD.

I was the LHM in this situation, I had been the LHM for a grand total of 72 hrs and didn't even know the RHM.

If I am a player in the game, and I get killed by a player in the game, I have no issue with that, even if that player is a rogue or just shooting for shits and giggles, or taking out potential threats like every regime that has been in charge since 2004. There is a difference to dying in game and dying because of something completely beyond your control because someone you didn't even know broke the rules.

Or how about this:

Are you sure you want to ASSIGN xxxxx AS A SPONSOR? I also agree that I will take full responsibility for this persons past present and future actions, and that my account may be tied to theirs if problems arise. I certify that all upper structure has been informed of this and also agrees. I certify that I myself have personally fully trained this person and they are fully informed of their responsibilities.

Past, present and future actions? So again I can make you a Sponsor, and you can get the entire Upper structure a DD if you decide to be a cunt.

Report Post Tip

That is highly unfortunate that that happened to you Zek, however that is what comes with being a hand. It’s is a special thing to be in one of the top three spots in a family and with that, comes a certain responsibility. You did nothing wrong, but one of the other two that you are linked with did for good or bad.

That’s how it would be in the mafia. If someone you vouch for fucks up, in the end, you vouched for them. I also think that it should be taken on a case by case basis not a blanket means of punishment. If it reflects poorly on the family or is supported by the family, yes they should all go down. If it is just someone who wants to watch the world burn, then it should be just them. I also understand it takes man power and time to decipher between the two.

Report Post Tip

But you can understand therefore DickGrayson why people are reluctant to give new blood a chance? Why take a risk on someone you barely know when there's a guy sitting there you have known for 5, 10 or 15 years. I still don't think that people in game should be punished for the actions out of game of a 3rd party. I can understand, as happened a few weeks ago, that an entire crew in game can be taken out because the LHM and RHM fucked up, as you said, this is the sort of thing that would happen in the real life mafia, but that's an entirely different matter.

Report Post Tip

I absolutely understand that Zek but in order to get new blood to emerge around here, they need to be given a chance. Even if it is someone you don’t know or aren’t fully comfortable with. That’s the risk that needs to be taken. The only way to build new alliances is to take that chance. It’s a calculated risk, it may work out, it may not. Some new blood could be greatness in the making, others may not be but we will never know if they aren’t given a chance. It should also be on their sponsors to teach them the difference between right and wrong, the difference between what will get their entire family removed and what won’t.

I am all for that, I have given many a person here their big break. Opti was the first person to auth me, so he took a risk on me 18 years ago. However back then there was no link between the actions of A N Other and me. If they fucked up, they caught the DD not me. I just think holding people's characters, characters that lets face it people have put time and money into building, can be taken away in a moment of madness on the actions of another person. 

I just don't get it. If I fuck up, kill me, but don't kill you and someone else as well cos I can't hold my liquor. I honestly believe that trying to get the players to enforce the game rules instead of the admin takes away from the game. I mean, why have a police force if I have to be the police too?

If that link was broken I honestly believe that it would open up more opportunities for n00bs, I'd be more prepared to go out on a limb and auth you if I know that I ain't losing my character if you decide to send a mail calling someone the N word or send unsolicited dick pics to a member.

Report Post Tip

I understand that and agree with you Zek. I feel that it would be best taken as a case by case basis. For the things that you are describing, I would think that a DD for the offending person would be more than sufficient. If it is more of a family thing or a pattern of that type of behavior that a blind eye is turned to, a DD for the uppers would fit.

All I’m saying is that it shouldn’t be a blanket punishment. However, it would take time and eyes to go over each and every case and I’m not sure if that is possible right now.

Report Post Tip

Ever since Niflheim/Disorder regime this game went downhill in terms of playability. In what game do you see the administration step up because the game was unplayable for a group of people or even the whole community because the people on top were so good at the game? Lol. This became more and more normal as time past by. DD's for this and DD's for that. The way this game is designed, you know your character is going to die at some point so you do whats necessary to stay on top and alive because lets face it you wasted money on the run/credits. This is like a mobile game, its pay to win at its finest. When i started spending money on this game I became more popular because my gun strenght increased faster, my bgs increased faster I helped the city with forts, etc. This game was fun. I havent played in a while because if you dont have a group to run the game with you are screwed. Now for a constructive input, Redesign the game. Its the only way to make this game work the way you want it to work Izzy, newbie friendly. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Fixing stuff - constructive input needed.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL