Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:46:41
Page:  1 
What inspires you? Started by: DeadlySin on Apr 21, '11 16:34

Deadly wanders onto the streets, having way too much time to think to himself recently he'd been chewing over some things in his head. He clears his throat and begins to speak...

Inspiration... it's a funny thing isn't it? Inspiration can create masterpieces, it can devastate cities, it can create intense loyalty, and other numerous things.

I was thinking about what inspires me and the effects that that inspiration has had on me, and it made me wonder what inspires other people? Is there a common ground which inspires all? Or is inspiration a very personal thing, which can only be measured on it's relevance to the individual?

Deadly pauses for a second, inhaling some of his cigar before continuing...

There is no doubt in my mind that inspiration is a powerful thing, and those who can inspire others are definitely powerful people. With the right words people can inspire all sorts of emotions in people; fear, courage, love, hate, loyalty, happiness, sadness, trust, anger, pride, and many many others.

Personally I find my most consistent source of inspiration to be the actions of other people. The most memorable and best inspiration I've ever known was my father; He was a great example of a mafioso, full of determination, hard working, level headed and always respectful. When I think of him he always inspires me to better myself.

So my question is this; What inspires you?

Report Post Tip

Fab stumbles out of the local watering whole from acroos the streets, slighlty bluried eyed and can see DS mouthing words. Fab has had a few this afternoon so he walks over the street to listen in.

Well Ds fantastic speech, one id like to contribute to. Inspiration its self is a very diverse word one that means a lot of different things to a lot of different people and i think you have it spot on and it is relevent to the individual although a lot of values that you mention above will more than likely exsist in many peoples perception.

For me i can pin point it into two categories. Experience, as they say there is no substitute for it. Its something that i always have and always will look up to and look for as i know it will draw the best out in me. Knobody can fool you into believing they have experience as it will always come out in the wash.

Secodly knowledge, Knowledge is power and in this thing of ours a more true word has never been spoken. Put into context, you can have cannon but what is it worth without the knowledge to use it.

With both combined it would make for an awesome bit of inspiration for me.

With that Fab wobbles his sorry arse back over the road for a quick night cap.

Report Post Tip

Benton sits on the hood of a parked car and listens to DeadlySin and the other speakers have to say. Standing he straightens his Red Serge and adjusts his Sam brown before speaking.

Hmmm, an interesting topic DeadlySin. Of course different People draw inspiration from different places. I myself draw inspiration from my uniform, from a full brass ensemble playing God save the King, from the oaths I took to the King, my country and my family here in Detroit. I draw inspiration from the union flag and the flag of Canada. I also draw inspiration from the great outdoors, a field of freshly fallen snow and a fine horse. Whilst what inspires me probably wouldn't inspire others in my family or our line of work, it does inspire Diefenbaker and myself to perform our duty to the best of our abilities. Well as best as a Mountie and a deaf wolf can. My sense of duty also inspires me, it inspires me to be the best I can and to serve Inspeector Gadget to the best om my ability.

Inspector Gadget also inspires me, not in the same way as my former CO Inspector Margaret Thatcher did, but in ways that I'm sure many of you probably understand. His desire to serve the Great city of Detroit and protect it's inhabitants as well as building on the successes of it's past leaders, may God have mercy upon their souls, is a great source of inspiration to me, and helps guide me in the development of my current career choice.

Report Post Tip

Puts out his cigarette as the voices die down.

It's been said before, but well done for bringing a worthy to light that doesn't seem like it's been debated endlessly already.

To answer your questions, I believe that even though people could largely be sorted into groups, like those inspired by a need for power, or revenge, or a particular person, each person's exact make up is truly individual.

As for me, I'm probably some sort of mix of the need to constantly try to improve, the desire for wealth, the call to try to make the world better for having participated in it, and the vision of someone who is no longer with me.

Report Post Tip

Sitting on a bench next to the street Jimmy watches all the mobsters walking by.. some poor, some rich, some wearing fine pressed suits while others flaunt rags and a terrible smell

I think it all dates back to the first day we all stepped foot on this turf, saw the glimpse of a rich life and felt the rush of power hit our veins. Some love the blood, some love the money and some just love the crime and atmosphere.

Me personally, I always have wanted to go furthur and do better than my ancestors. This can mean many things, from running a underground group to running a city, to coming up with the most creative way to run a business district. If you can proud of your actions and can see the result, I have found you will work that much harder to accomplish it.

I can do better.. I can one up my father.. or I will die trying.. it is a wide open world filled with chances for us all.

Jimmy pushes his leg out a bit.. tripping some thug who falls to the ground..

Report Post Tip

Reading a newspaper under the tree and heard a man talking about inspiration, when he looks at the person and he see not just a man but a mafioso that is full of talent in the line of our society. iGoBerserk listen for what he said and waited for his turn to speak.

"Inspiration. It may be a thing or someone that makes you full, that makes you complete. My inspiration as a suit maker are the characteristic of each and everyone who come to me and ask me to make them a suit that are suitable for their characteristic. As a mafioso, I adore the line of GF Premier and Don Gaius, truly to be called a legend and a genius not only as a leader but also a buddy to crime. Everytime I see them i wanted to be like them, I wanted be as good as them. I don't adore them just to copy the way what they are doing or the way they are, coz i can't, I do know to myself that I have my own special way of doing things but with them I just see a straight line to my dreams. I am also inspired to the new one, the way they pursue their dreams it helps me see myself when I was still young at our shore and remind me of my dreams that I need to fulfill.

Report Post Tip

After listening to Deadly's speech and the replies being given by numerous mobsters, Rory lit a cig before speaking

Inspiration is a huge part in people's lives whether they take it from the so called celebrities, their forefathers, Right Hands, Crewleaders whatever.

As you said Inspiration from different directions can create certain moods and mind sets and i certainly find this applies to me.

Personally my inspiration comes from my friends and my family. We have a great leadership structure which guide us through any troubled times. I also have some amazing friends that will advise and have my backs until death. These are the people that inspire me to be who I am.

Also, the attitudes and mannerisms of people who perhaps don't like me. The way the act towards me or the way they speak to me inspire me to react in certain ways.

Inspiration can be a very circumstancial thing which can be twisted in the blink of an eye by an unforeseen circumstane or occurence.

Report Post Tip

Having listened to the various perspectives, Kurtz wanted to contribute a note to his friend's discussion.

DeadlySin this is a fine subject. No matter what time and repetition has given it, there is always words of encouragement for newer arrivals to our shores. Inspiration is all important. Its the source of motivation and impetus to progress. Personally, I am a philanthropist. I find great sources of inspiration in the aspects of people I see and hear. They encourage me to push myself, to form new ideas and to bring new innovations to existing methods. Yes, people are my main source of inspiration.

I don't mean the worthless, mutes that clog up our lives like blocked arteries strangling a heart of the blood it needs to live. No. I mean anyone that actually puts in the effort to step out here and try. Anyone that takes the risk and speaks, shares their opinion or adds an idea. That is bravery. That is participation. Crude or refined, that commands respect. It is people that inspire me and hopefully it always will be.

Thanks for raising this always stimulating topic for conversation.

Shaking his friend's hand he nods acknowledgement to the other speakers in attendance and makes his way off into the afternoon.

Report Post Tip

Clown sits and watches the folks move and amble through the streets, for several weeks he has sat and in truth been inspired himself. He feels this is the very subject he should stand and put in his two cents, for it is one he holds close to his heart.

My fellow mafiosos. The subject matter of this speech is something which we all should prick up our ears and take note of because inspiration is an integral part of this thing of ours.

Inspiration can be a dangerous and powerful tool if held and moulded in the right hands. In the wrong hands it takes nothing for it to become worthless and malformed easily turning into something we are all too familiar with : Wrath, greed, lust and envy.

To be a new blood walking these streets I find it hard to believe that even the most hard hearted cannot help but to be inspired. What is it that drives us initially to make something of our life here? Inspiration. To be inspired is to show you are pure. It is this purity which should be nurtured here, nurtured and held dear because as is our nature it is all too easy for it to become tarnished.

The moment ANY one feels they have become uninspired is the moment they are beaten. They have beaten themselves, and I weep for them.

If you would like to win, but think you can't, It's almost certain you won't.

In this life battles and wars don't also go the the faster or stronger man, but sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.

Clown nods to anyone who has listened and walks off back into the shadows.

Report Post Tip

My never ending war on stupidity is what inspires me

Report Post Tip

Leaning on a nearby lamppost, Miko listens to what everybody has to say before making his way closer to the gathering crowd. He decides to step forward, pauses for a while before speaking. 

The most understandable kind of inspiration comes from power and wealth and I would be lying if I say I don't become inspired by seeing the wealth and power that some people have. True enough that it inspires me one way or another but the one thing that truly affects me is the speakers who come out to the streets and have the ability deliver an articulate speech or start an intelligent discussion. 

My ancestors have never been active in the streets or take part in any form of discussions. I myself am aiming to try and change that, street presence have never been a strength in my bloodline. So everytime I come across a good speech or intelligent discussion, I become inspired by that person to improve myself.  

People get inspired by different things and some maybe more common than others. The most understandable kind of inspiration probably comes from power and wealth and I would be lying if I say I don't become inspired by seeing the wealth and power that some people have.

True enough that it inspires me one way or another but one thing that truly affects me is the words and actions of people in the streets whether it is a good discussion, well thought out speech or an articulate response. Words are sometimes more than enough to inspire others.

Ligthing a cigarette, Miko takes a long drag before continuing.

My ancestors have never been active in the streets or take part in any form of discussions. I myself am aiming to try and change that, street presence have never been a strength in my bloodline. So everytime I come across a good speech or intelligent discussion, I become inspired by that person to challenge and improve myself.

Miko then steps back into the crowd, waiting to see if anyone has anything to add.

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire sits on the bonnet of her car while listening to DeadlySin and everyone else on what inspires them. She then picks a moment to stand up and speak. She clears her throat and smiles

"What inspires me you ask? Well there are quite a few things that inspire me. People inspire me, a good example are the fine mobsters we see in our world today. I always strive to be like them and even one of them which is what keeps me rolling on and on everyday. I always aim for the best and have done for a long time. Just like my great friend Kurtz here has said.. the people who are always sharing their ideas and speaking for themselves. They inspire me to open my mouth. Those who are at the top and leading a family and are very successful inspire me to continue to climb to the top even in my old age."

Mrs-Doubtfire takes a brief breath and pushes her wig up a little to set it right.

"Another thing that inspires me are my ancestors. I always strive to be as successful as them but I try to do it in my own unique way so we are all different. An example of how I plan to be different is the fact that my ancestors have never really had such a great street presence. They have ALWAYS stayed behind the others and listened but never spoke up and said what they believe. I however am inspired by the fact they didn't and I want to change my bloodline and begin to speak what I believe. I have probably had more of a street presence now then any of my ancestors before me. There are many different things that inspire me in different ways."

Mrs-Doubtfire slowly walks through the crowd towards DeadlySin and once there she grabs his hand and shakes it.

"A fantastic topic to bring up sir and I want to thank you for listening to me. This is yet another prime example of a great mobster who speaks their mind and a good chance for me to continue my quest in changing my bloodlines muteness."

Mrs-Doubtfire turns around and smiles at everyone.

"Thank you everyone for listening, now I must be on my way to go and get some food for Nando. He's a very hungry bear!"

Mrs-Doubtfire slowly walks back through the crowd towards her car.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm, what inspires this twiztid Juggalo…

Well first and far most right now it would the honor to work for one of my fore fathers best friends, at the very least this gives this give an extra boost to want to do right.

Secondly, I enjoy the challenge that this thing of ours has to offer, to be able to choose your path of life and where you want to take it, and what ever you want to do with it intrigues me. As long as you keep your drive who knows where you will end up, at the end of the day its good to know you shaped that out come and it is more or so all done on your part.

Not to mention the level of competition, the desire to do better and continue to do just that on a daily basis.

Just my two cents,

Thanks.

Report Post Tip

Hmm. What inspires me.

That's an interesting question, inspiration takes many forms. Is it the drive to be the best I can be? Well I think we all know that one's ruled out when it comes to me. A beautiful song? While I do appreciate the stylings of miss Billie Holliday, I don't know that I'd consider it "inspirational"... an amazing rack? Well, I think we can all agree THAT is certainly inspirational.

Smirking sardonically, he takes a swig of his half empty bottle of vodka.

But really, what inspires me is the desire to make a difference. To make things better than they were before.

To make a difference. To have mattered. That is what inspires me.

Report Post Tip

I don't mean to sound self centered in my response to the question at hand, but my biggest inspiration is myself. Particularly my goals. Every time I inch closer to completing one of any goals it inspires me to continue to move forward and motivates me to complete my goals more so than before. Every time I take a step forward I see how far I have come and only want and expect more of myself.Once I have completed a goal, I raise the bar and set a new standard for myself.

I guess I could say that others inspire me as well, as I look up to those who do the same. It takes a lot for someone to continuously out do themselves. Especially if someone has already achieved much in their life time and continue to achieve even more.

Report Post Tip

Don Carlo steps forward to speak. Lighting his cigarrete as he does so.

I myself look to the past for inspiration, and in looking to the past i see three great men. Each links into another, and the last of the three is still with us today. I speak of course, of the honorable leader of chicago, Roman.

The first of the three is a man whos name is a prominent figure in the history books of this thing of ours. The legendary Deimne. The man stood as figurehead for this thing of ours for countless time, despite falling into abscurity in the end of his reign. How could one not find inspiration in his name? He inspires me to hold onto, for as long as is physically possible, any power i may one day acquire.

The second man, the man who finally brought about the destruction of the empire which deimne had created, was the powerful spacemountain, who shows me, that no matter how set in stone the heirarchy of this world is, through hard work and loyal allies, we may all achieve the power we deserve and change our world.

And the last, but certainly not the least, is as i mentioned earlier, Roman. This man was left the reigns to this thing of ours when spacemountain retired after finishing his conquest. This man fought back countless revelutions and revolts, from pathetic powergrabs to other, well planned rebellions. This man inspires me to be resolute and endure because they are the only ways to quell the fires of revolution and hold onto our seats of power when others would take it from us.

That is what inspires me at least, as to the others... to each their own.

With this he steps back into the crowd, ready to hear the thoughts of the other men and women gathered there.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What inspires you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL