Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 01:49:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Fear Started by: Serephina on Apr 21, '11 17:59

Listening to all the speakers Kurtz pulls out two cents to throw onto the fire.

I must say I am primarily inclined to agree with Premeir here. Oh how remorseful the cornered culprit can appear. It does smack of crocodile tears on tap when there is no other option.

However for the sake of discussion and the general points raised about bad bloodlines changing for the better. There are valid points being raised and good information being shared that people can learn from. If you have shit all over any good will you may have had and have come to realise the entire world would happily watch you die over and over again, you are not without options. In fact there has been a discussion going on about this in our own HQ's street speaking classes. There are a couple of ways you can dig your way out of a seemingly impossible shitty position.

The first example is the one Fernando brought up. Clipper had an unprecedented track record for betrayal and treachery. I mean really, the guy was almost peerless in terms of the things he did and the levels he was willing to stoop to. He was rightly and justifiably hated by the entire community. Anyway, he did as Fernando pointed out, turn it around. He owned up to his past behaviours and declared himself willing to do whatever it took to prove himself worthy of respect and trust again. Now the powers that be put very strong restrictions on him, almost crippling ones some would say but he said nothing, took the hit and got on with it. He worked hard and didn't complain. For a couple of lifetimes he did this and slowly but surely he accumulated proven experience of doing the right thing, playing by the rules, being worth the time of day and in the end, even being worthy of trust.

Now I know there are still many who will not trust this individual due to the sheer scale of horrendous crimes he committed and devious backstabbing he engaged in. But he is doing the right thing now, as he has for the last few generations. He faced up to it all and is walking a long, long road back to respectability. Its a fucking hard road but he is on his way. This is certainly the hardest way to fix a shitty reputation.

The second way is simpler but it requires a lack of ego that many of these self proclaimed 'bad boys/girls' can not manage. Simplicity mentioned it in her comments just before. I was contacted at a young age by Francis_Kuklinski's bloodline. He asked me several questions about how he might repair his very tarnished reputation. Still feeling a great enthusiasm for our way of life and capable of substantial contribution, he asked me how he could go about repairing the damage done. My advice was simple and it would be the advice I would give to anyone seeking to repair the unrepairable:

Die. Die and let your name die.

Then come back. Come back as someone entirely different. Claim nothing from your past and never speak of it again. Forge a new, move forward, start from scratch and earn your bones as new blood does. Never ever bring up your past, in public or private. Live and die as new blood, making a new name for a new bloodline. Live several lives this way and accumulate proven experiential evidence of you doing the right thing, standing and falling for your family. When you have accrued several lifetimes of this and forged a name for yourself with your new bloodline, when you have earned the respect of those that hated you, through action and dying for their cause. Then, maybe then, you can tell someone who you used to be and show them how it is possible to change. But really, if you ever get to that point, I doubt you would want to.

The main problem Kuklinski's bloodline had with this was having to abandon his ego. He struggled with it. His all too visible episodes in the streets went only to prove that. But now he has gone. If he is here under a different guise, I do not know. If he is then he has had the good sense, humility and strength of character not to say so. If he has embarked on this long road to turning around a well soiled reputation, then I say good luck to him. And I will say it to anyone willing to go through what it takes to genuinely change.

Whichever way you chose. Its a long road and an incredibly hard one but it can be done.

Nodding appreciatively to the various speakers, Kurtz takes his place back in the crowd.

Report Post Tip

I think I'm one of the more well equipped people to comment on this as my blood has been hunted to the point of extinction from this world before.

Unfortunately, people here are very short-sighted and will hunt your blood down no matter how much you preach you have changed. It is stuck in their heads now and will take a long time and probably a lot of deaths of your blood to change their minds.

But you really do not help yourself. Your blood burns new bridges before it has even tried to patch up others. One of your ancestors was an associate of mine. I gave you a chance when nobody else would, I took and took the shit from people about your bloodline and defended you as if it was my own life. Then after everything I'd done, your blood left me to join someone else and to be honest, I struggled not to shoot you myself. The rage burned deep inside me and it took everything I had to holster my gun.

Your blood may have turned a new leaf, but after everything your blood has said/done to people here there is bound to be bitterness towards you. You just need to take it on the chin and carry on fighting to clear your name. You will die a few more times but the only way to change people's perceptions is to not react... no matter how much your blood is boiling.

You do not make it easy to forgive your blood, so you have yourself to blame as much as the people who hunt you.

Report Post Tip

Instead of answering the real questions or explaining why she has been such a terrible member of our life she kills herself, that will convince me you want change.

Stay Away

forever and ever

forever ever

Report Post Tip

Haters are always going to hate.

People hated my bloodline, Asylum, then I did something called proving myself and guess what? Haters still hate.

No matter where you go you'll always have enemies, but bowing down to them as oppose to rising to the occasion is just foolish.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fear
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL