Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:05:00
Page:  1 
Aiding a Rogue Started by: Tide on Mar 06, '08 21:25
Tide walks down the street, holding his gun in one hand and a cigar in the other, finally after a few minutes of walking he reaches his destination. A tiny can stands in the middle of a crowded street. Home for most of the speakers in the world. Climbing up on to the can he then clears his throat and begins to speak.

"I am here today to bring up a question that has haunted me since I first came to America. After a few years of tedious work and building up your name. Some people find the need to do what we call 'going rogue'. I find some of these rogues as respectable people. Doing what they feel is right. Most spit at there names and others would happily admit that they have some form of respect for said people."

Jumping from the can into the crowd of people who have formed around. Tide takes out a cloth and begins polishing his gun. Finally realizing that the mob of people are still listening.

"Oh yes... Sorry for that... now today I am here to pose this question upon you all. Where do you stand with rogues? Do you beleive that they are all scum; or do you think that they deserve some form of respect?"
Report Post Tip
Rogues have a meaning and cause, or they are bored which can be equally dangerous.

They are a part of this world and always will be to say that don't serve as purpose would be ignorant.

Vodoo 13th.
Report Post Tip
Rogues give some kind of life to the game when things simmer down too far. I'm not saying that Rogue is the right way to go, but they do serve a purpose as Vodoo said. I have a certain degree of respect for them, though. By going rogue they can show that they are brave enough to stand against everyone else, and also they show us that the world isn't perfect, which most of us know already. I do lean slightly towards the scum side as well. Some rogues do it for shits and giggles, or because they are bored, which in my opinion is the worst reason for going rogue. People like that don't deserve the respect that others may get, they only deserve to die for causing a major stir for no real reason.
Report Post Tip
a rogue can't be trusted, no matter what. Period. If this person has no ill intentions, then why not go through the correct procedures to get bold legitimately.

If a rogue comes to me and I am a Boss and says: "I have no beef with you, please don't hunt me"

I'm gonna say "Okay, I won't hunt you....what city are you in?"

your damn right I am hunting...this rogue could have said the same to all the other leaders. even if they didn't, my other leader are in danger. now dont get me wrong, I am sure I will be more apt to protect one family over another, say for instance a family that auth'd me. or someone I have set an alliance with. that doesn't mean I'm going to tell the rogue, shoot so-and-so first...

I haven't reviewed what I just said, but i am sure it makes sense to me. no helpy the rogue. they CAN'T be trusted. end of.

p
Report Post Tip
Helping Rouges is a death sentence if you get caught and it can only lead to trouble. While some rouges are honorable and others are just dumbasses, they do sometimes serve a purpose. Having said that though i must say that there are always alternative ways to come to a successful conclusion to your business.
Report Post Tip
Nothing is honourable about going rogue..

The only time people can go rogue is when they have been accepted into a families inner circle or their leader dies. The people who fall into the second part of that I will give some more slack as they are trying to save their former families members, however, I would hunt them none the less. A rgoue is a untrustable thing after all.

The people who go rogue and buy out from a family are the scum of the earth. They may spice the place up a bit but it results in their former leader looking like a tard, people who have put alot of work into their lives dying without cause and someone to go on a massive ego trip and acting like a child.
Report Post Tip
Nothin' wrong with goin' rogue in my opinion. Not something I would do, as I'm not in the business of giving up my life for fame, when I can get that same fame just being my charming self. But if a person really wants to give up their life for what they believe in, who are we to argue? We should be anxious for the target practice.

Cage takes off his sunglasses and winks, putting them back on and walking into the sunset.
Report Post Tip
The key word here is "Cause"

Rogues with and rogues without are very different kinds of people.

There's those with a cause that occasionally can seem honourable. Perhaps in an attempt to restore something to the name of there fallen family they seek out those responsible.

Then there's the worst kind, the very definition of name "rogue" is cemented around there actions, aimlessly walking throughout cities randomly choosing victims to raise there kill count.

They bad.....and should die....quickly.
Report Post Tip
Turk stands listening to the others discuss Rogues. He's intrigued by the debate...

My feelings towards them are generally dictated by the circumstances that have lead to them going rogue. Those that do it from sheer boredom deserve nothing more than swift death, of course. There are those who, for one reason or another, harbour grudges towards current leaders and decide to take matters into their own hands, plotting until they can go rogue in an attempt to take vengeance. Again, they will eventually meet death and deserve to do so, regardless of the outcome of their mini-war. There are doubtless better ways to handle these situations on their part, but I guess they consider nothing else before deciding their plan. I don't really have any sympathy with the aforementioned rogues.

Then there are rogues who have what some consider the only valid reason, if any exist at all. These guys set-up when a war has broken out and their leader has been taken down. If they're in the midst of a war then, really, who can argue with the fact they have a reason for doing it, especially if the alternative is watching family members turn into shooting targets. Sympathy is not the right word, but I do have some respect for these rogues. They're not bored, they're not on some personal mission after being illed, they're fighting a war for their leader and their family.

In saying that, when the dust settles, if any rogue is left standing, their fate falls into the hands of the fully authed CLs. Whatever decision is made shouldn't be questioned....a rogue is a rogue is a rogue.
Report Post Tip
OK here is a question for you...

When the game resets, and everyone starts new, who decides who gets the first auth?

Themselves?

If you think about it, if someone 'decides' that they get the first auth after a game reset, then in truth, everyone is a rogue.
Report Post Tip
Easy topic to discuss here. These things are, in most cases, black and white. Let me reply to some of the misinformed comments made...

I find some of these rogues as respectable people. Doing what they feel is right...

Wrong. A respectable mafioso honors his family. A mafioso's job isn't to do what he feels is right. His job is to do what his Boss tells him to do.

Nothin' wrong with goin' rogue in my opinion.

Nothing wrong? Disloyalty isn't wrong? Betraying your family that gave you your button isn't wrong? Turning your back on your blood oath isn't wrong? How did you get into the mafia?

While some rouges are honorable...

The only honorable rogue is one that is fighting for his dead leader. A Mademan should not join another family after the death of his leader until after his enemy is killed. I hope this is what you meant, Genghis. Any rogue that buys out of his leaders family to serve his own interests is not honorable.

If you think about it, if someone 'decides' that they get the first auth after a game reset, then in truth, everyone is a rogue.

Wrong. NO ONE is rogue. I don't know what game you are talking about, but anyhoo, auth doesn't exist when there is no one to do the authing. In fact, the mafia doesn't even exist. In the situation you are describing, we are nothing more than a bunch of unorganized petty criminals with no affiliations trying to move up in the world. There is no mafia, and there are no mafia families. You can't go "rogue" if there is nothing to go rogue from.
Report Post Tip
So FlyingPig, when this game first started, how did the first person get their auth?
Report Post Tip
Again, I'm not sure what this "game" is you are talking about. Second of all, did you listen to anything I said? There was no one to do any authing. There was no mafia. It was La Cosa Nostra building itself from the ground up. The most powerful began the first mob factions, established their power, and imposed order on all the criminal element from that point forward. That is how the mafia in this country began.
Report Post Tip
There was no such thing as auth in that case, exactly the same as what FlyingPig just said. It was simply the organisation of criminals into a functional profitable structure.

Auth came when that boss decided he wanted to let someone else run a profit arm, probably reporting back into him.

It's likely then that one of these "captains" betrayed their boss and hence "auths" were left to their own organisations.
Report Post Tip
So, like I said then, everyone was rogue, as there was no auth.

So every leader appointed from that point forward was a rogue. And all of the current leaders are rogue.

Thank you.
Report Post Tip
Clean out your ears and listen. How can someone be rogue if there is nothing to go rogue from? It would serve you much better if you would try to learn these simple concepts rather than stubbornly asserting your position.

The mafia is controlled by power. The first to assert their power controlled crime in the country. From there, they determined who would be allowed to branch off and run their own families. Those who left the families without permission were deemed "rogue". If there are no families to leave without permission, how can you be a rogue?

Is this starting to sink into your thick skull yet?

Now, I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that because the first leaders were not authed, they fall into the same category as common rogues. I explained the difference already, but since you have trouble with your listening comprehension, I will give you another scenario which might apply in normal times...

Let's say that someone goes rogue today and kills all the leaders. At that point, he is the most powerful in the country. He controls crime in his city, at the very least. He is in control. He has asserted his legitimacy by TAKING power. If you can do that, you are no longer a rogue. From there, he makes the decisions for his city unless someone can tell him otherwise. This is similar to the situation that began La Cosa Nostra in this country, except they didn't TAKE power, because no one held the power to have taken from them. The similarity is that unaffiliated persons earned their legitimacy by establishing themselves as being in control.

NOW...if you STILL don't get it, I give up on you. I will file your name into my index of fucktards who must be exterminated to prevent undesirable breeding.
Report Post Tip
As I listen to SonOFaNINJA ask the same question over and over, and in turn, FlyingPig give him well presented, well thought out and well constructed answers, I realise that FlyingPig is in fact going about it all wrong.

You need to sink to their level!

SonOFaNINJA, you smell so go away, Rogues are naughty and you are silly!

That bad boy of abuse ought to do it
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Aiding a Rogue
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL