Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:42:20
Page:  1 
WRITING PROMPT: This could have been us. Started by: Squishy on Sep 24, '20 21:19

We are going to try something a little different to help shake loose the collective creative rust.

WRITERS: Every day a new prompt will post, encouraging writers give a crack at a short story that follows the theme of the prompt.  Assume the theme is semi based on the appropriate era of the game unless otherwise specified.

READERS: See something you like? Toss a tip their way! Please wait 24h from the start of the thread before there are any replies to peoples submissions.  Let keep all the writers submissions up top!

KARENS: Swallow your pride and just sit back and breathe.  Let people enjoy themselves here without your input.

September 24th

You've been living alone for 13 years. Whenever you come home from work, you always find your bed made, dinner cooked and a message with "This could have been us." You moved out several times. This keeps going on.

Shout out to Ryoniko for this submission.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Today I left early. Unexpectedly, unpredictably. I had a headache. That's when I caught you. As soon as I saw you I knew why we were not together. In the hall, I reached to the reception table to place my keys, but they were already there. I looked at you, we both admitted it felt strange without saying a word. You followed me into the kitchen. Dinner was cooking. Damn, why couldn't I have this? Did I not deserve it? You smiled. I looked away in disgust. 

As you busied yourself about the apartment I watched in bitter acceptance. I knew very well why this couldn't be us. It was me. I was too absent minded to really care about you. Too self absorbed in my own suffering to accept any changes you really wanted. Or needed. I was jumpy, quick to anger, self destructive. I'd run riot some nights and sleep for days on others. I don't know why you keep coming back, but I know why you don't stay. There is nobody else to do this though. You're my last chance but I still can't even meet you halfway. If you stop coming, that's it for me. I'm alone, with the worst part of myself. 

I massage the spot where the pressure in my head is building. You finish your tasks and write the note. You take time to present it with care against the dinner plate, then step calmly to the hallway. I'm there waiting, and as you pick up my keys I catch your eye in the mirror. I stare back at my own reflection for a few moments, then leave and lock the door.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Alternative ending!

I massage the spot where the pressure in my head is building. You finish your tasks and write the note. You take time to present it with care against the dinner plate, then step calmly to the hallway. I'm there waiting, and as you pick up my keys I catch your eye in the mirror. I stare back at the reflection of Tyler Durden for a few moments. He grins wildly at me, then I leave and lock the door.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: WRITING PROMPT: This could have been us.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL