Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 06:43:04
Page:  1 
WRITING PROMPT: After all you are the murderer yourself Started by: Squishy on Sep 26, '20 23:34

We are going to try something a little different to help shake loose the collective creative rust.

WRITERS: Every day a new prompt will post, encouraging writers give a crack at a short story that follows the theme of the prompt.  Assume the theme is semi based on the appropriate era of the game unless otherwise specified.

READERS: See something you like? Toss a tip their way! Please wait 24h from the start of the thread before there are any replies to peoples submissions.  Let keep all the writers submissions up top!

KARENS: Swallow your pride and just sit back and breathe.  Let people enjoy themselves here without your input.

September 26th

You are a lawyer defending your client, who has been accused of murder. You want to see them found not guilty, since they are a good person and you KNOW they are innocent. After all, you are the murderer yourself.

Shout out to Kylestien for this submission.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

KARENS? this a new American slang word? some of us old boys do not understand the lingo here

Report Post Tip

Ethel? Gertrude? Agatha? Edna? Harriet? DOROTHY!

Report Post Tip

The benefit of defending an innocent man was that there were no surprises. No damning proof that would crawl out of the woodwork, or false statements, riddled with holes and inconsistencies. It was exhilarating. Well, perhaps not for Benjamin Ferri. He would be going through a pretty rough time, losing his brother, first. Second, the family cut ties with him, suspecting he did it. Third, his alibi doesn't exonerate him at all. Walking the dog, alone. Yeah, exactly where I knew you'd be.

There was a price on your brothers head, Ben. The Carbone's wanted to see Michael Ferri removed and I wanted to line my pockets. Besides, he was trash, anyway. You think I'd pass at the opportunity to kill the man who was sleeping with Judy? Not a chance. Judy was mine. All I had to do now was get you off the hook. I ain't got no beef with you, and the family will reward me for doing so.

The courtroom was tense, all except for me. I looked great. I was in complete control, as always, and I probably still had your brothers blood under my fingernails somewhere. I almost had the jury convinced it was an accident, I was sure of it. 

"He wasn't wearing his glasses. We know this from Mr. Ferri's testimony that he ended up going out to walk the dog because his brother was unable to find the leash."

"Your honor, I object, this isn't relevant. There is no evidence to suggest the defendant was outside of the property at the time of the murder."

Shut the fuck up, Charlie. Piece of shit prosecutor. I should have done you, too. In fact I will.

"Denied, continue, Mr. Black."

I was smug, comfortable and sailing through this.

"Thank you, your honor. As I was saying, we know the dog was leashed when the authorities arrived, which means it is fair to assume he had been walked recently. And why else would he have taken a bite from a cheese and baloney sandwich from the fridge, when he was lactose intolerant?"

And immediate shuffling of papers alerted me to an oversight. Was the sandwich not mentioned on the report? Michael had it in his hand when I approached him. We joked about how he would shit himself into next week. Then I bounced his skull off the countertop. If I blow this over a fuckin' sandwich... no, I've got this. Nevertheless Charlie was rifling through the documents detailing the version of events. I needed some space to think. I feigned a restroom break and quickly got out of there.

Shit, it must not be captured. Unless I can convince Ben he mentioned it as part of his statement? Yeah. That might do it. I unzipped and pissed up the urinal wall, taking a moment to ensure my hair was still in place. The door opened, but I was too busy. I think grey will suit me nicely in my silver years. 

"I ate that sandwich."

Ben. No problem, we can diffuse this. Lie.

"I know, you told me." I replied with a small chuckle. "It might just win us the case."

A sudden motion and I was hurled across the bathroom with my dick out. 

"No. I didn't. This was about that woman, wasn't it?"

Getting slightly less simple to resolve this one. If it comes down to it, I can sound the alarm and-

He was on me, quickly. He didn't even wait for me to get an answer together. I avoided the first swing but not the second. My teeth rattled and blood began to pool in my cheeks. We were at the point of no return now. I was going to have to put Benjamin down, too. 

"Ben, look..."

He picked me up, I tumbled over his shoulders and landed hard. OK, it was time to get out of there and get help. Maybe they'd just think he was afraid we were losing the case. I stumbled for the door, but he grabbed my heel and pulled, sharply. I fell again and grasped for anything to help avoid his attack. A pipe under the sink came loose in my hand and there was suddenly water everywhere. I looked at this new element to the situation and my mind began to race to conclusions. Brain damage, that'll stop him talking. 

I rose to my feet and brought the pipe above my head, but he was too fast. My wrist was in a vicelike grip and contorted to an awkward angle. I swear if this guy ruins my writing hand I'll murder his whole fucking family. 

He shoved me into the spewing basin and I slipped. If I could just kick his feet out - 

He brought the pipe down on my head. It hurt, and will leave a significant mark on an otherwise flawless face. I needed to gain control of thi -

Again, a pain to my head, something else burst. Crimson.

I have to just - 

Another blow.

Pain began to subside.

It's getting dark.

No, I can't sleep, not now.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: WRITING PROMPT: After all you are the murderer yourself
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL