Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 03:43:52
Page:  1 
Families / Crews Started by: Equilibrium on Apr 26, '11 08:42

Hi,

It has been quite a few years since I have last played, probably about 8 years to be more precise.  Anyway that’s what leads me to ask this question.  There appears to be a lot more people in bold than what there used to be.  Previously to be in bold it really meant something, as there were at most usually only 12 families and to be asked to join a family whilst would always happen, you would usually have to work for it if you were 'new'. 

Im not assuming that it doesn’t mean anything now, its just I have been mm by a lot of the families and asked if I want to join them, no questions just an offer.

So here’s to my question – this used to be frowned upon, is it not any longer?  Are the bigger crews just that now (ie Crews)?  And the GF in the city and people in that the family?  I have read all the help material and don’t see an indication.

Im not critising if it is the case, just wondering.

Thanks,

Equil    

Report Post Tip

If you're asking if member whoring is frowned upon... Not really. It used to be but then the gods wanted it to be stopped as it wasn't helping the new people. So.. the leaders stopped the rule and you'll get a lot of spam mail asking you now.

We just have to live with it.. after all just because you get spammed doesn't mean you have to answer them. You can still go find a family of your own accord.

Report Post Tip

its kinda more people so more crews. what your seeing is that the families fill up, and then the family head auth captain who work under them and take part of the family with them. so you go from 1 family with 45, to a family and a cerw with 20 or so each. but its still one family.

Report Post Tip

Just a few days ago, there were far less families. Several have been authed as of late. Then again, there were also only four out of the eight cities with families in them. When  the cities grow, expect more families. As, when a city loses families in sending them to other cities, they auth someone to replace them.

Report Post Tip

There were still an inordinate number of families - especially to someone who used to play the old game - even with four cities being empty. The size of crews has been limited, thus necessitating more crews being active, as well the number of crews in a city adds to that city's defense in the event of a war.

I, personally, feel as though there are too many crews, but meh. My opinion accounts for nothing so what do I know.

Report Post Tip

Part of the reason is more families now is smaller HQ's, where could push 210 maybe in to a 200 man crew  8 years back you are maxed at a strict 50 and 11 for GF crew's.  It is true it is not as hard to get in a crew, and is less proving yourself before hand.  Any good sponsor will at least get to know you or at least who your past characters have been but the truth is this is not always the case.

The truth is their is a scarcity of blood coming into this to the stage admins have even created non playing members that can be bought to bolster crew numbers.  So sometimes your not even talking to a real player, then browse round further and will see how far back some ia's sit in crews as is not the people always coming in, or being recruited well to build up family numbers.

theres been a lot of changes and not all i have liked, but you move on, adapt, and make the best of a bad situation sometimes.  Sometimes more crewleaders means easier to train up new blood or returning blood dealing with the changes.  Other times, is just an easy way to bodyguard someone up as the hope is for every bad one you get a few good one.

Report Post Tip

You've definitely come back at an interesting - albeit desperate - time. Just before last summer, there would usually never be any more than 20-23 families before some 'population control' was done. Now, we have 28 families and, as you can see with my own example, you can live upwards of 8 months without having done much of anything at all.

From your point of view, yes, the 'standards' will have definitely changed, as is many old players first reactions upon coming back (I experienced the same thing coming to MR last year). But I've learned that just because standards have been loosened doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad thing.

It's much easier to be auth'd now. Downside, yes, you do get a few crewleaders that aren't exactly cream-of-the-crop quality. In fact, I once had a crewleader ask me what an 'associate' was. Upside? You do get to see some new blood and legacies aren't nearly as strong as they used to be. More families = more chances for leadership, I suppose; though I will agree with you that quality is still better than quantity.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Families / Crews
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL