Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:54:36
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A word from Chicago Started by: Cab_Tufting on Mar 07, '08 12:48
Clears his throat and takes a large knock of Bourbon....

Why conspire?

After yesterdays events it seems to me it should be painfully obvious what the repercussions of such actions are. Saying this though, I know in my heart that most of our community will not understand this simple assumption.

Underground groups inevitably get found out, and when this happens mafioso that are obviously capable of plying an honest family oriented trade are lost.

How many times will people have to try this tactic and fail miserably to realise that the way to rid the world of people you dislike is to appear honest, work hard for the family, participate around the HQ and on the streets?

How the fuck else do you think you will be noticed and get auth?

And this approach, although long winded, will actually give you a much better chance of succeeding in your endeavours if and when you are chosen for auth.

You see, once your bloodlines have been in involved in an attempted coup, you will suffer the consequences for lives to come, purely because of the sense of distrust you leave your CL with and the subsequent paranoia you cause.

My advice would be, play the long game.

Which brings me on to a general moan. Unfortunately, yesterday I was witness to Partisans taking part in the protecting of Navy, a quite ridiculous rogue. These actions will also taint your bloodlines and you can be sure that anyone who is party to this will meet an untimely end. This was proved with the slaying of Ivy_Rose.

I feel some people are forgetting that Skepta and Ralph are my Captains and if you join them, you are a Partisan. Bear this in mind and think very carefully before you join him if you are one of the people this is obviously aimed at. I will sniff you out in the end.

That is all.

Steps back inside the HQ to allow the crowd to discuss....
Report Post Tip
You tell'em Boss
Report Post Tip
See Cab talking in the street, walks up and listening to the young man.

Joey you just said it all, tell em boss
Report Post Tip
Well written couldn't have said it any better.
Report Post Tip
Unless it's a super secret ninja organization, in which case you'll never be found out.
Report Post Tip
The one thing needed, and something I believe is already being achieved, is a unified front.

Rogues, Underground Groups, and the usual whiners, bitchers, and moaners, must be made to realize how futile taking an approach like yesterday was. This can only be accomplished by the continued combined effort of our leaders by making our cities safer and stronger.

Paranoia and the like can, and will, only bring disorganization to our cities, and so, I hope to see those in bold suits continue, unified, working together, so that business may prosper for all of us.
Report Post Tip
A young man after listening to Mr Tufting's wise words, takes a look upon the responses.

"My, I do love these streets, a couple of true suck ups and a good response. I guess things will always be the same, right Dad."

The man looks to the heavens above and after congratulating Mr.Tufting on his speech, takes his leave.
Report Post Tip
Nicely said bossman. It kills me though when people say they're trying to help the community by going rogue and ridding the world of somebody or a group of somebodies. I really don't see how its helping. How does getting their friends killed, help? How does getting their sons and daughters mistrusted, help?

There's nothin' wrong with dyin' for the things you believe in, but don't make your friends and family suffer for what YOU feel is the right thing to do. As Mr. Cab_Tufting said, work your way up in this world and get the power to do what you feel is right. Don't throw it all away on a lousy bid to make a statement. In the long run your cause only ends up looking all the more wrong, if all its responsible for is a string of rogues.

And if you're really so ready to die for your beliefs...then why the hell are you "underground" anyway?
Report Post Tip
well what amazes me is that a Made Man with not huge numbers of kills figured that ON HIS OWN he could do significant damage against such a unified front....

Only a few lone traitours who were summarily dealt with supported him, and rightly so, family first and always.

Perhaps he got spooked by the fact numerous high ranked 'rogue' elements were summarily executed recently on reliable information.

Either way, poor show from those who supported him
Report Post Tip
SunTzu, even the smallest of rogues can make the biggest of differences. Only a glance at our history will tell us that. Jazz, a rogue Made Man, left his mark on our world by taking down a1capon3, probably the strongest Mafioso in our world at the time.

Try not to underestimate the effect a rogue could have, even against a "unified front".
Report Post Tip
Oh no doubt. lucky shots certainly happen...and have happened fairly frequently lately...but all the same, to topple the order generall would require more effort
Report Post Tip
Nobody says it shouldn't be underestimated, I don't think.

That is why there is such a need for unity, because lets face it, one rogue Made Man won't last long against 4,5, or 6 leaders and their hitsquads.

I'd like to think we all want stability in this world. I mean, that is what I hear members of "the rebel cause" saying as well. Well, stability begins with family and families that can work together against these organizations can only succeed in times of crisis.
Report Post Tip
I don't think SunTzu, of all people, would underestimate the impact a rogue could have. The thing is, it would have to be a competent rogue, and we haven't seen one of those in a long time. There is no d_hogleg around right now to show these young whippersnappers how it's done.
Report Post Tip
Rogues... our history is full of them, some by far better than others, first I would like to say I agree with you completely, in order to truly change the world around you, you MUST first gain the respect of the people in this world, get your bold suit and then start the proper process of changing what you don't like, or would like to add. With that being said I also must say as I believe Vodoo said in an earlier speech, Rogues are part of our world, they always will be, they provide a moment of suspense, drama, and in some cases... pure comedy! Yes I find a Rogue Wack Backing on his first shot utterly hilarious...

Some things need to just be understood, when a certain group takes over power... there are going to be people bitching and moaning about how unfair it is, matter of fact there are people who have no side... they just bitch to bitch!! Rogues will come, it is expected, maybe not wanted, but expected!

And I will always be off in the corner somewhere eating a sandwich while trying to molest a camel.... some things just don't change!!
Report Post Tip
Lmao, I have abslutely no idea what you are implying FyingPig *adjusts halo*...and well yes, I guess organisation and competency is the key...lets face it these recent rash of rogues don't have a dime on certain people like hog, grim and other dastardly rogues who we might know or well, you get the picture.
Report Post Tip
I'd go further than what FlyingPig says and actually suggest that most rogues seem to be very good at killing no more than one or two peopole before being wasted themselves. The only exception is the rogue survivors of a family that has been warred. They have the loyalty of old family members and so the resources and dedicate to go that little bit further in the egg and spoon race.....

I doubt you'll ever see a rogue go for the game-winning play all on their own for quite some time, if ever.
Report Post Tip
It's always interesting to me to see the rampant paranoia of people fearing these so-called underground groups.

Why, simply sitting in a private coffee shop with friends can suddenly label you as an underground group who wants to take over the world when in reality, all you are doing is slagging on each other.

Even now, should someone add, say, a "TGG" button to their profile, the masses will panic and start shooting at them out of paranoia.

Underground groups ARE real, and do exist, yes, but most of the time, you're just jumping at shadows.
Report Post Tip
Most of the time, but not here.
Report Post Tip
A rogue is sometimes better off going on a whim. People like Thunderbutton, although not happy with the way the world was going, was not planning a rogue attempt from what I remember.

If you do not know yourself that you are going to rogue then how could anyone else, people like Cab_Tufting for instance, know.

As long as the move is well executed and has one solid aim then you can usually succeed with the right help.

Onto the point abut a family line being soiled. Once a member of your family line has crossed the divide and shown disloyalty you will forever be suspected of it. It doesn't matter how different your descendants are Grims and Hogs family line, wherever they may be, are still capable of rogueing should the time arrive. It is something that travels in the blood for me and as such every leader always has that question mark at the back of their mind. It's up to them how they deal with that person to ensure that history does not repeat itself.
Report Post Tip
Thunderbutton was actually planning to go rogue. She was just forced to before she'd wanted to.

A good rogue, though, is one that plans ahead (as far ahead as they can). For example, if said rogue has a group of people willing to help them, a bad strategy (one we saw yesterday) is where the entire group joins the rogue crew. A better strategy would have been for one or two people to join for prowacking purposes, then when they die, others in "the group" would move out of the hiding in their crews to prowack their shooter. As is, everyone that joins the rogue crew is automatically known, and therefore easy to hunt.

This above example is exactly what FlyingPig was talking about though. It takes competence to be a successful rogue, something, not many of the recent rogues have appeared to be.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A word from Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL