Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 06:55:20
Page:  1 
[WP] Your stay in jail only ends if you die or escape Started by: Squishy on Sep 30, '20 03:01

We are going to try something a little different to help shake loose the collective creative rust.

WRITERS: Every day a new prompt will post, encouraging writers give a crack at a short story that follows the theme of the prompt.  Assume the theme is semi based on the appropriate era of the game unless otherwise specified.

READERS: See something you like? Toss a tip their way! Please wait 24h from the start of the thread before there are any replies to peoples submissions.  Let keep all the writers submissions up top!

KARENS: Swallow your pride and just sit back and breathe.  Let people enjoy themselves here without your input.

September 29th

You are sentenced to a famous prison. You are not sentenced by time your stay only ends if you die or escape. There are no guards and the prison is broadcasted on television. No one has ever escaped.

(Lets alter the time period so that it can be up until modern day times.)

Shout out to TheMerTurtle for this submission.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Looking through the barred window, seeing the chilly sky turn pink, I realize that the second day in Truman Prison is finally coming to an end. Thoughts of what could have been keep running through my mind.
What if I had come forward before hell broke loose?
What if I wouldn't have the backbone to not rat on my very own brother?
Neither these, nor other questions are important anymore. I just sit here in the small concrete rectangle-shaped cell waiting for time to pass. I notice that I must have spend a couple of hours contemplating on what the exact colour on the large blank wall is, opposite to the shabby bed I laid on when I tried to sleep. Hours I normally would have spend doing things that I used to feel were useful.
I am now convinced it's Papyrus White.

The air is chilly and although the jail clearly is well built, having triple thermopane windows in front of the bars, the harsh outside conditions thump through into the complex. Despite descreasing in force, I can still hear the wind howling. As the Papyrus White seems to be the most positive occurence in my life as my mind starts spinning again..
Can I comfort myself by realizing that the wall is Papyrus White instead of Pure White?
And if I can..? Will the final cell I will be brought to when my quarantine-time is over, which will also be my final destination in life, have a Papyrus White wall, too?
I kind of hope it will.
Why did they attach the bars on the triple pane windows? Just to mentally impose the prisoners?

Suddenly, a buzzer alarms for the automated lock going off the door and food being placed behind the first door. After the door closes and locks it takes long enough for the next buzzer to go and the cell door to be unlocked for the food to have gone stone cold. Sighing, I think of how I massively dislike eating after sunset, but then again, I comprehend that it will be a lot worse in the months to come, as there hardly will be any winter sun coming through into the cells here in Umiat, Alaska.

I unwrap today's dinner and from the corner of my eye I see a small red LED light indicating my movements are currently captured and broadcasted on a pay per view channel to finance running costs of automated Truman Jail. I stare and see cold peas, cold sweet potatoe and cold scrambled egg and I recognize yesterday's dinner. I do not see cutlery. This is the point where I decide to make my time in here as short as I possibly can. I shove the food away from me and try to focus on the Papyrus White. The next days will be terrible, but after that hell will begin. At least I will be decently prepared for what will come after.

The Papyrus White will be my happy thoughts in my last days of being alive..

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

ONLY HUMAN 

Year 2051 

Government facility: Venomex maximum security. 

Prologue: Venomex Industries are the number one company in cybernetics and cyborg weaponry.  They created a cyborg line of warriors that appear human to infiltrate military and civilian security positions.  The intent of Venomex Industries to infiltrate all governments and civilian positions as well to gain complete  control of the world.  

The only hope to stop Venomex is the first and second generation of the cyborgs, the humanoid bionic cybernetics, known only as Operation Opossum.

They were more human than machine with cybernetic and bionic implants. Venomex quickly realized that  the subjects of Operation Opossum were able to maintain too much of their humanity. This prompted Venomex to quickly discontinue the use of ex military personnel for their cybernetic and bionic experimental enhancements.   This humanoid  group that  was called Operation Opossum,  consisted of  the first two generations of Venomex's human experiments and had been able to maintain  their free will , express individuality and were self aware. Venomex discontinued using ex-military and humans completely for these experiments and created a new line of cybernetic robotics that appeared human, called Cyborgs.  

With the discontinuance of Operation Opossum euthanization was called for of the of the entire group.  Knowing that humanity was at stake with the combination of the kill order Operation Opossum  went Rogue. They knew they were the only hope for humanity.

They had one obstacle three quarters of them where deemed dangerous due to practicing free will, this portion of the rogues were kept in a closed circuit maximum prison complex, no guards and cameras are everywhere. Everyone knew that once you went in you never came out death or escape were the only two options.   Operation rescue Opossum had a daunting task ahead of them it would seem, as no one has ever escaped. However, these humanoid bionic cybernetics weren't just anybody, they were retired military elite.  

Rebbelle lifted her left hand and scrubbed the sleep crust from her brown eyes. She opens them slowly knowing that if she opened her eyes too quickly her visual enhancements would be taxed, resulting in several minutes of visual overload.  She pushed herself from her concrete bed  and took the  couple steps to the washbasin, as she splashed cool water on her face  a transmission came in altering  her vision to a green grid line. It was a blueprint  of the maximum security facility that her and the others were held in waiting for euthanization. It showed every possibly entry point, all the vents and the entire ventilation system, and the placement of every camera in the facility.  They were scheduled to be moved to the Department of Discontinuance. The  humanoid bionic-cybernetics all knew what it meant to be on the DD list so they planned an escape on the day of relocation. This would be their only opportunity to escape and humanities last chance of survival.  

Meanwhile at the  underground compound of the rogues, their leadership is directing their escape.

Brioni Faith the leader of the humanoid bionic-cybernetics walked into the control room of the Rogue facility.

"We have located them, Commander Faith." One of the men at the control station states as his words are confirmed across the visual screen. CYBORGS LOCATED: READY FOR TRANSMISSION. 

A smile grew  on her  face  as she lifted her energy and sent out a cybernetic transmission the code word Skyscrapers was transmitted to every member of Operation Opossum. Reaching out with her transmission she has them all connected, so that they  receive their direction in real time. 

Once she felt all of them in the grid she sent out the second transmission, the blueprint of the Venomex Maximum security facility.  With all the members of Operation Opossum connected through their cybernetics they moved as one entity.  What Venomex didn't realize  is that this group had developed  on their own the skill of enhancing each other when in close proximity of each other. Had Venomex realized this sooner they would not of housed them in the same facility. Individually they were powerful, together they were nearly unstoppable. 

"Commander Faith updated status." The same man from the control center  spoke as the screen flashed the message.

Commander Faith raised her energy and sent the message cybernetically to those in the prison facility. Just as this moment the doors in the prison facility electronically opened and a voice over was heard by those imprisoned. 

Back at the Venomex Maximum Security facility.

"Prisoners will step from their quarters and proceed in a single file down the corridor."

The prisoners all stepped from their  room their individuality was apparent as the cameras surveyed the group. Some were colorfully dressed while others were clad in all black and some were rather ordinary looking. Each with their own enhancements of bionic and cybernetic abilities. As each one step into the corridor the air seemed to grow electrified, the hairs along their flesh standing on end as they made the connection to the next member joined them. With their proximity to each other  it raised their energy exponentially as each drew strength from the next that stepped into the corridor.  Rebbelle was the last one to  step into the corridor as she did the lights slightly flickered. With the edition of their General to the group they received a simultaneous transmission.

As if on an unspoken command each of the prisoners started moving in unison in a mirrored dance    of Rebbelle. It was a domino effect moving from the back of the line towards the front like a wave crashing against the shore. As each one connected to the dance the lights flicker faster  and started popping sending tiny glass shards through the corridor. This didn't phase the humanoid bionic-cybernetics they all appeared emotionless as they mirrored this electrifying dance.  With the  finally member connected a flash of electrical light went through  the room zigging and zagging like lightning as it bounced off the cameras shorting them out and hit the electronic key pads igniting a small fire in the wiring shorting the the doors to the  facility and opening them all as the fire moved through the walls. 

Operation Opossum moved through the facility mirroring their Generals movements. Each one in perfect unison moving as the moved as one unit.  They moved through corridors the lights exploding  and the electronic security devices shorting  out as this electrifying ball of energy moved through the facility.  The ability to connect to each other that Venomex had under estimated was the power the General tapped into. Connection was the most powerful weapon to wield after all, it was this human ability of connection that set the humanoid bionic-cybernetics apart from the best and made them unstoppable. 

After several hours of moving through the  maze like corridors  the group came to a large door.  Without hesitation General Rebbelle increased the the speed of this dance...

"Tanzen"

With one word the groups mirrored motions increased in strength. Lightning seemed to  flash and the energy flowed between them gaining strength as it passed through each individual.  As they continued this heightened mirrored dance  the lights exploded the camera smoked and the wiring in the walls burnt. Causing the security features to malfunction and the large doors to open giving the members of Operation Opossum the ability to escape the facility.  They exited the building only to find a gated compound set before them with turrets mounted along the wall. The General undaunted  add a kick to they dance with her  her left foot igniting the movements of the group  as they mirrored her motions.  With each kick a bolt of lightning like energy flew and incapacitated  the nearest turret, the group moved in this fashion toward the gated entrance to the compound destroying the turrets along the wall line.  The Lieutenant that was in the front of the group raised his booted foot and kicked the chain link gate open. He lead the humanoid bionic-cybernetics to safety with  General Rebbelle in the rear making sure no member was left behind. 

( OOC NOTE:  This character and story were  partly inspired by Brioni Faith and her music. You will find these sited in the black boxed words.)

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: [WP] Your stay in jail only ends if you die or escape
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL