Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:07
Page:  1 
Severe - The Beginning Started by: Severe on Apr 27, '11 14:41

I would like to start off by saying that I am not very experienced at this but I have wanted to tell my little story for awhile now and granted it will not look as neat as other peoples do but I still think it will be a decent read. I also want to say that this will be a very honest version of how I started out. Hopefully anyone who has a good opinion of me wont change it because of how I was when I started off.

I started out in the streets receiving invites to families talking to people and trying to decide what I wanted to do and what family I wanted to join. Upon looking at all of the families I received a message from a good friend of mine from my past life that said they knew someone inside of Premeir's family who would sponsor me and that they vouched for me. I asked myself what do you say to that? Its not something you can decline. Premeir was a guy I heard alot about and was a guy I was very afraid of to be honest. However I joined up under the sponsor of Jesco_White who helped me with alot considering I was new around these parts. Joining a family like Premeir's comes with its own set of expectations. He was the guy that scared me from what I heard about him in my past life. I was not sure how to approach this, I did not know what to expect. All I knew was that I set my expectations of myself really high and my goals were really high too because these were what I wanted to accomplish. I never knew what Family was all about so when I go back and look at my approach I realize now it was very selfish to an extent however the goals was all I had at attempting to make myself shine at a fast pace. That is what I did I wanted to set new standards for certain things such as highest earning, ranking in minimum time on every rank. Its all I knew at those times so that is what I focused on. I got my Made Man promotion and was accepted into the family. I had no idea what to do from there alot of what I have learned in the past month has been thanks to a very good friend of mine now known as LoveGun. She helped me no matter the question. She stuck with it and guided me towards being a good family member. I have had alot of help from others too such as my Boss Premeir and my LHM DurzoB. I was sitting there at a Made Man and everyone at a young age has inspirations to do good and my inspiration was Egwene. I wanted to be just like her she was the one person I could go to about any questions I believe were in my opinion super hard to answer and I never hesitated to ask. When I heard we would be moving cities I wanted to be a big help to it I wanted to pay Premeir back with hard work, dedication, and loyalty for taking me in. So I did whatever it took to contribute as much money to the city as I could. Upon moving cities I was very fortunate out of all of the people that came with us to be placed in Premeir's crew and to continue serving under him in the city of Philadelphia. Alot of people come into this life of crime and are not really sure what to do. I hoped this would help out any of those people in telling them that through hard work and dedication you can achieve what you want. You have to set those high goals for yourself and achieve them no matter how high they are. I am very honored to be under Premeir and I was very honored to be apart of the city of Chicago. I would like to thank people such as Nuked, Premeir, Egwene, DurzoB, Jesco_White, Athyna, Killer_Jane, My late friend Katana, and anyone else who has helped me in any way shape or form over the past 2 months.

I know this will probably not be as good as other peoples are but this is my first thread posting on here and I just wanted to put this out there and hopefully reach out to more of the newer people and hopefully inspire them in some manner to accomplish whatever goals it is they set for themselves.

Report Post Tip

Darklady listens to Severe before speaking.

'Its good to hear how you got started.  Ive spoken to your sponsor Jesco_White, shes ace and its good of her to sponsor you.  I also have respect for Premier even tho hes not someone i know personally.  However i am getting to know Athyna and Egwene is awesome'

darklady hope that Severe sticks around for years to come.  'Nice story friend, im touched'

Report Post Tip

Fab strolls down the street with not a care in the world, when all of a sudden he hears a man of stature rambling on in the far corner.

Wow man, firstly id like to say im not here to criticise you, you are a don of this world and are a don in the family of the Godfather of Philly, so for that i applaud you and respect you and you truley have earned your place to speak out. All be it the story was a touching story and the quality was there what i have to say is, damn man take a breath, have a smoke, a drink, i dont know do a backflip but just breath between sentances. Its so hard to hear what you are saying because im blinded by how fast you are talking it makes it near impossible to listen.

As you said this is not your forte, i fully respect that but there are avenues you can explore before walking out on to the streets, there are people of this world who pride themselves on thier street speaking prowess, so id say explore those options, practice infront of your friends in the family bar, its the best way to perfect it and get more confident.

Man im not all that good at comming to these here streets to convay my feelings but over the years i have slowly seeked the correct help and my friend thats the key.

Please dont take this as a personal attack, its simply some sound advice, you must remember that everytime we speak here we are all open to scrutiny and criticism.

With that fab shakes the mans hand and pats his back and wishes him all the best.

Report Post Tip

Frankly, I appreciated the speech, and didn't think you needed to take any breaths or whatever.  You came out here, had a single topic to address, and did so.  Nothing wrong with that.  As we all know, it takes some significant courage to come out here and take up a street corner. 

Takes a breath between sentences

Nope, that didn't seem to help me at all. 

Takes another one

Not sure what that does exactly.  But Fabiano suggested it so I thought I'd give it a try.

sips his whiskey

Nah, that doesn't do anything but make me forget what I was talking about.  Anyway, Thanks for telling your story Severe.  It's a pleasure meeting you.  And I did appreciate hearing the tale.  I'll definitely have to tell mine soon.  Though, again, mine is more of a mid-life crisis tale.  Wait, that might be a good topic.  :)

Report Post Tip

Francie stands on a crate that she finds sitting along the curb and stands on it, looking over at Don Severe and smiling.

"Everyone has their place in this world.  Some have more skills in some areas than others.  You have shown that you have the skills to come out into the streets and tell your story.  Nice job, friend."

Francie waves at Severe and walks into the crowd, searching for a cigarette as she goes.

Report Post Tip

Infamous listened in to Severe's life story with a strong impacted to his heart he felt, After the story was told Infamous stood up from his chair throwing some thunderous claps for his friend, Walked up to greet him "I am honored to say I have you in my family" He took the man's hand shook it as congratulating then took a bow before he walked back into the streets.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Severe - The Beginning
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL