Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Nightingale Books Started by: Keats on Oct 11, '20 17:26

Frank walked into the Nighttingale Books he was looking for a biography on Julius Ceasar, Marcus Agrippa, Genghis Khan or Robert E Lee.   He wanted to get into the minds of the men that lead troops into great battles and won battles against overwhelming odds.  He loved to read and today was a day to relax and let his brothers and partners handle the rackets without him.   He found a book on Miltiades.  Miltiades was an Athenian general  who used innovative tactical deployment allowing his forces who were outnumbered to destroy the Persians at Marathon (490 B.C.).  He sat their for an hour and unable to put the book down he decided to check the bookout and take it home to finish.  

Report Post Tip

Honey placed the books on the counter, offering Keats a genuine smile. He could hear the tone in Keats voice but was unsure if it was wistful or resigned. Either way, the man seemed glad for the company of the people who came into the store. 

I’ll take these ones for now but rest assured it won’t be the last time I step foot in here. I read far too much to make this a one time trip, plus cats hold a special place in my heart. Grew up around farm cats and there’s nothing quite like having them curled on your lap in front of the fire on a winters day. If you’re ever in the neighborhood, I’ve a tea shop just a few blocks down. Bring a book if you’d like.” 

Report Post Tip

Detroit is for her taste a very industrial city. Something that she goes not like however she always liked to read up on books. To her surprise, they have a bookshop in Detroit. It should not really be a surprise but from all, she was so far the Americans were very uncultivated compared to her fellow Japanese citizens in her home country. She smiles brightly as she finds the bookshop and cannot help but enter it shortly after. Her favorite kind of books were always philosophical ones, as she likes to think about life in general and deeper questions. Maybe it has to do with her culture.

She immediately looks through the bookshelves and sees if she can find the philosophy section.

Report Post Tip

There would be times in a man's life when he would question his existence, but for Azathoth that time had never come. Since his early days as nothing but the void of nothingness that birthed the cosmos he had known exactly what he was meant to do and what life he would lead which made it all the more confusing now that there seemed to be a new plan for him. Which is precisely why he went to Nightingale Books in an attempt to make some sense of the world that was now more important to him than ever before...

I am going to need all of your books on humanity, I will pay a premium. There would be months of learning required but once he was done there would be no question that Azathoth would be one of the most well read and knowledgeable humans on this husk of rock. As they gathered all of the literature up and placed it on the counter, he nodded and put down some money.

Then he left to learn.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Nightingale Books
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL