Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 05:46:10
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Sponsor Process & Rebuild Mode Started by: Squishy on Oct 12, '20 19:40

We have noticed there are chunks of the day where there are no Sponsors whose mode is toggled to ON.  We will be making small changes here and there to try to correct this without having to introduce larger changes to coerce a situation where more sponsored are allowed by increasing the number of crews available.

While looking into reasons why this could be happening, I was still surprised by the number of people who say they were unaware they were supposed to be get paid/payout sponsors.  Traditionally, the code automatically handles taxes, but since we went manual with taxation, so did the rest of the code.  This lead to a high amount of CLs pocketing the Sponsors take.  We have added in a confirmation screen when selecting a Sponsor reminding them, as well as a personal sent to the Upper and Sponsor about the financial arrangement.  I hope that this clears up any confusion so that no one feels unfairly taken advantage of in the case that the Upper didn't know they were inadvertently pocketing all of the Sponsors money.

We will be making other small changes like this to attack the Sponsor problem from multiple angles so that, with hope, we can let the Crewleaders choose who are authed on their own, and not have to bypass them to create crews for the purpose of handling new members who otherwise can't find an online active sponsor. My goal is near 100% coverage so that at any given 5 minute increment in the game, there is at least 1 person who is online whose Sponsor toggle is ON.  At the time of this game change, there was 1.7 hours of accumulated time where there was not any Sponsor toggled ON during any part of any 5 minute block in the past 24 hours.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip
Food for thought have the whole chunk go up to said sponsor and make it the sponsors duty to dish it out. That’s how it works in the mob and therefor how it should work here. Plus you could be damn sure the Crew Leader will be more inclined to collect any and all dues over some small time mademan.
Report Post Tip
Sponsoring became risky once the job board and unanswered jobs became punishable. This is probably rhe larger reason you have a lack of folks toggled on.
Report Post Tip

Taylor, I really want to provide as many options as possible so that the best crewleaders can shine over those that are sub par.

By automating and removing choices out of all the options, its one less thing that makes the cream rise to the top.  I would rather that extra 2 minutes a week of work for the uppers for something so dramatically important as growing the crew and rewarding its members be a choice you can see touch taste and feel the results of, rather than just automatic.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Clayton, there has been a change in the wording that the upper agrees to  that will ease the conspiracy theorists minds.  In the 7+ years we've had it, I can think of the once incident where my constant reminders fell on deaf ears and I had to take further action against those who kept doing no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after no contact after. 

How many times does the CL need to get notified that the very same person does a no-contact, yet still turns it back on, over and over and over before the CL should have a standard?

But, if past 7 years of history doesn't put someones mind at ease, the new wording should.

Report Post Tip
I’m just thinking for realism purposes, associates kick up to the sponsor who kicks up to his capo who kicks up to the boss who kicks up to the godfather. I’m not saying it should be automated I’m just proposing that paying the taxes should go up to the right people and it should be their choice if they hold out or kick up to their leader instead the leaders choice to hold out and hope they continue to forget they are due compensation.

I understand there are differences between this game and the real mafia but what do you expect these un paid members do? They can’t exactly wack their boss for holding out on their wages. If they did that they become branded a rogue across the nation.
Report Post Tip
I still believe it would be great if you could have an HQ within a HQ.

Not sure how possible it is but a CL wouldn't have access to any stats except the promote button.

As soon as they are 'Made' they join the 'main crew.

Anyone above Boss cannot hold a sponsor role.

Perhaps even distinguish these people on the 60 second list.

Bold stay bold but not underlined. Sponsors are underlined.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Sponsor Process & Rebuild Mode
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL