Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:34:47
Page:  1 
Spring Changes Started by: Phreaking_Panda on May 03, '11 04:25

Walking through the streets of Chicago, people can't help but stare at the strange man covering his nose with a handkerchief. You see, Panda has horrible allergies. Even in Chicago, the pollen from newly bloomed flowers and trees have given his head a go. Walking downtown, near absentmindedly, a bodyguard leans in to whisper something in Panda's ear. The small man turns to his left to notice a building of formidable size. Taking a scrap of paper from the inside of his coat, he realizes that this is indeed the place. Walking up the steps to the building, he turns to face the people that were looking at him so intently moments ago and clears his throat to speak.

"I remember not so long ago, when I was but a mere thug, I was told to seek protection or I would end up dead like every other bum in our world. Heeding this advice, I requested an audience with Kimble's right hand man, SpuffWaffle. I remember, we spoke for many, many hours. About my future, about my past, about my dreams and aspirations. Back then, I only aspired to live to see another day. However, as days progressed, I learned more and more about this life we've come to know. Climbing the ranks and earning money for the family was just the beginning. I was soon sponsoring associates for the family and giving them work, just as Kimble and SpuffWaffle had done for me."

He pulls the handkerchief up to his face, sneezing into it.

"Sorry about that folks, Spring really kills me. Back to the topic at hand, though. After achieving all that I had originally planned on achieving, I didn't really think there was much more. I planned to serve my family and continue on until the day that I died. However, Kimble and Godfather Roman had other plans. A few nights back, I received a phone call from Kimble, asking if I had ever thought about setting up in our city. I replied that of course I had, though I never expected it. He informed me that with the recent changes in Chicago, it was requested that I be given my own family. With that being said, I stand before you today with Mikah at my side, opening my headquarters to those that are homeless and looking for work. As you can expect, we will not accept just anyone. They will have to be of certain merit. My family will bear the name Masters of Deception."

He smiles at the crowd that has gathered, taking a key out of his pocket.

"Of course, there are a few people I believe I need to thank. SpuffWaffle, for noticing my talent, before even I did. Kimble, for taking me in and providing me with a place I could call home. Our Godfather Roman, for everything. Without Roman, there would be no Chicago. Drexler and Katarina for their unwavering guidance when I needed it most and of course, dear Mikah, for accepting my offer to accompany me on this grand adventure."

He turns to unlock the door, opens it and motions for his bodyguards to enter before turning to the crowd once more.

"I'd like to thank you for your attention and wish you all a good day. Farewell."

With that, he steps into the building, closing the door behind him.

Report Post Tip

Arriving at the location on Pandas new HQ he listens to the mans speech and cant help but let a grin run across his face…

Congratulations to both of you, and well deserved. Im glad I have had the chance to work with both of you within The Morning Wood Elite, I know you will continue to do great things and continue to push to make Chicago the great city that it is.

Good to see some new faces arising in our world, well done and the best of luck!

Report Post Tip

Phreaking_Panda, it has been a pleasure getting to know you and I look forward to working closer with you in our new roles here in Chicago. Should I see you out on the town drinks are on me my Friend

Report Post Tip

You will do the city of Chicago proud I am sure of it!

Drexler has a message boy post his new L.A address and contact details through Pandas new HQ's letterbox with a little note which reads...

If you ever need anything squire give me a call!

Report Post Tip

Nando heads over to Panda and shakes his hand.

It always pleases me to see friends given an opportunity like this. You have worked very hard to get where you are and it is thoroughly deserved. I know you have a lot more to offer and can't wait to see you and your new family flourish. I couldn't have thought of a better RHM to have other than my deary wifey. You pair will make for a great team in time to come. Just make sure she still has time to fulfill her household chores ;)

Nando winks at Mikah giggles to himself

Report Post Tip

Simplicity ran up to Panda and gave him a huge and long hug. Of course for many this may not seem too professional, but they had been in the same family now for quite some time, so it was hard to see him go.

Attempting to smile while a few tears of joy fell down her face she then shook his hand.

"I will miss you dearly among my family's ranks, but you deserved this chance and I'm proud that you finally got it. You will do an amazing job I am sure of it. Don't forget to keep in touch, even though you have a lot on your hands."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations. I look forward to seeing you in Chicago in power. I like to see you guys move up in the world.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Panda! I've heard nothing but good things about you, I'm sure you'll be met with great success in Chicago! 

Report Post Tip

"Panda, i have nto known you long but in the time i have known you you have snown me that you will be a great addition to Chicago, well done friend and good luck"

Frank shakes pandas hand as he walks on by

Report Post Tip

Grinning from ear to ear she hugs Panda really tight.

The day I started in MorningWood you are one of the few that welcome me with open arms and make me real welcome. Of course aside from my hubby Fernando there she smile shyly at her hubby. You have been a good friend , comrade and confidante rolled into one. So when you ask me if I will join you to this new adventure of yours I eagerly said yes! There is no doubt that with your black and white feature that we will see all through this.

She pause for a while and holds the key of the Headquarters.

I will do everything to make a great RH of you then looks lovingly at her hubby Fernando No worries dear I will still be at your place at the same time everyday winks back at him.

Report Post Tip

I would like to congratulation on this new opportunity, which you have received. I hope you all best to you and your new family.

Report Post Tip

His head aching from the previous night's festivities, Spuff finds himself awakening on a sofa in an unfamiliar room. Peeling his face off the armrest, he sits up straight and looks around. Where on earth was he? Stamping into his shoes which were fortunately lying just off to one side, he arches his back, stretching, and lights up in an effort to blow away the cobwebs.

He sets off to explore the local environment, peering through open doors, and carefully sticking his head in through those standing closed. It didn't take him too long to realise that he was in some sort of headquarters. Aah yes, this must be Panda's new place. Memories began to piece themselves back together, and he made an effort to locate some sort of kitchen or pantry so he could fix himself a coffee.

Following his nose, he eventually found the place he was looking for. And as an added treat, one of Chicago's newest street bosses sat at a table, apparently nursing a sore head of his own. Spuff made his way over to his old friend.

Good morning Panda! It's not a bad little place you've found yourself here. Quite fitting for someone like yourself. Did I congratulate you last night? I'm sure I must have done but sadly there are one or two holes in my memory right now. Even if I did say it, it can't hurt to say it again.

Shaking his hand firmly and vigorously, stopping just sort of inducing a wince from his friend due to excessive movement shaking his head around, he continues.

I know that you're going to do a cracking job here. Hell, everyone says that, but it's not often that people actually mean it. This is one of those times though. You'll be missed around Morningwood way, but hopefully not too much since I fully expect you to drop by whenever you can. That Mikah lass is perfectly capable of running things for a few hours whilst you put your feet up and enjoy a cigar, a whiskey and a lady.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Spring Changes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL