Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 05:46:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
ADMIN CONTEST: Mafia Drabbles - 100 Words Started by: Squishy on May 03, '11 20:39

Thankyou Squishy for laying on a great contest. It is great to see Chicago's hard work pay off and was definetely worth it :)

Report Post Tip

Name Purchased Effectiveness Last Attacked Last Trained Cost Next Train Eligibility Reset Train Timer
(Cost 1 Credit)
Drabble Contest 05/05 17:58 100 05/05 17:58 05/05 17:58 N/A 4 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes, 21 seconds.
BG Equivalent: 1 BGs (100% Effectiveness of 1 BGs)

You will notice a "Thanks for entering!" in your BG screen :)

Report Post Tip

Thank you Izzy for a great contest and WAY to go Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Post Tip

Awesome, congratulations to Chicago!! However I want to ask.. will we still be able to rename this BG?

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to the people of Chicago for their incredible efforts.  You all broke through any expectations I had for us coming into this.  Great job all!

Report Post Tip

Awesome contest, Squishy, and well done everyone that entered. He was expecting 30 and we gave him 130 or better. I'd say that's pretty amazing. Congrats to the winners!

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the reward, best contest I've seen on here!  I think capping the word count to 100 helped motivate people who wouldn't normally enter (speaking for myself, it's a real chore to write a decent story at length)

Good show admin peeps :)

Report Post Tip

Contest was good one !!!!!

Report Post Tip

yay even we loose we all win having a free BG means a lot to us thank you and great contest :D

Report Post Tip

Awesome! Great contest :D

Report Post Tip

Outstanding contest, definatly looking forward to the next one!

Juggalo walks off with his new BG...

Report Post Tip

Squishy just simply thank you.

Report Post Tip

I really enjoyed this contest, even though it was when things were very hectic at home!

Brilliant stuff from Chicago, well done to all who contributed.

Has this been one of the most responsive contests yet?

Report Post Tip

Wow, so many great entries to choose from. The top 6 are listed below. You will be given your prizes tomorrow, and mailed individually what they are (Statboosts ftw!)

Such a great competition, you guys did awesome!

Annnnnnd here comes the top 6 entries below:

A cool breeze sweeps the makeshift curtain aside and the dank air becomes almost breathable once more. A furtive glance from the window conveys the emptiness of the streets below.

I look closely at my shaking hands and will them to be still. Breathing deeply, my hands finally steady. Heavy wheels come to a screeching stop as my winchester moves to the window, almost by its own accord.

A single shot rings out across the night sky and a body slumps lifelessly from the vehicle, devoid now of dreams and ambitions, devoid now of treachery.

The godfather is no more.
Reply by: Tarbh at May 04, '11 16:33

====================================================================

Walls shook from the crash following the flash of lighting. She stayed in pose, fixed smile on her face. Little did she know the fate that was befalling her at that very moment. Her lover, tucked away in a hole in the wall, taking another lover. Exiting work, drenched by the time she reached the door. Sounds coming from the other side she was familiar, yet unfamiliar, with. Carefully slipping the key in its home, gaining entry with barely a sound. Another FLASH of Light! BOOM! CRASH! The lamp falls to the ground, darkness ensues. The smell of death, heavy.
Reply by: BettyPage at May 05, '11 03:19

Palms slick with sweat he holds the gun steady. Quiet as a mouse he waits for his target. Steady breath as his hands begin to slightly shake. This was his first kill and it was a big deal. A gambler who had not paid his debt meets his death this dark night. The target comes out of the doorway and without a second thought the trigger was pulled. Putting the gun away and wiping the sweat off his hands, he leans over the man before him taking a good look at the face. His brother's face would never be forgotten.
Reply by: Trevor at May 05, '11 03:48

Crashing through the door of the safe house, sweat dripping from my brow, I lunge for the phone to call the Boss.

"Boss, I don't know what happened. Someone just tried to have me wacked. Somehow I was able to slip them", I said.

"Just stay put and keep your head down. I have to gather up the boys.", the Boss responded.

I heard a noise coming from the door. I went to greet the Boss when I was jumped by several large men including my Godfather.

"It was him all along.", I thought as eternal darkness fell over me.
Reply by: Bismarck at May 05, '11 05:59

Well, I took the shot. The boss went down without a hitch. He dug his own grave for years without knowing it. I can imagine the news - a crime boss living by the gun, and dying by the gun. Who would have guessed, right? And when it was over, all of the stress, the screaming phone calls, the constant demand for perfection - all of it - was gone. I knew what I was getting myself into, though. In hindsight, I probably would have done things differently, but I digress. You can't take your own life twice, can you?
Reply by: Solastalgia at May 04, '11 00:15

I had awakened to the sound of gun fire. I saw that in a matter of seconds everyone within the compound was already dead or dying. Before I could get to my gun, the shots had ceased. I looked out the window to see that whoever was shooting was gone.
I first called my loved ones, see if they needed my personal protection. I then called the next person in the chain of command, the Godfather of the city. "Sir, our compound has been taken and everyone is dead." The only reply was, "then be thankful I left you alive."
Reply by: Tyrant at May 03, '11 21:19

Report Post Tip

It was fun. Thank you Squishy.

Report Post Tip

oh dang didnt make it lol. grats to all top 6!:)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: ADMIN CONTEST: Mafia Drabbles - 100 Words
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL