Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 18:36:20
Page:  1 
Golem's Adventures Started by: Golem on Oct 19, '20 21:13

Looking up at the sky during a bright sunny day in Detroit, Golem looks around at the busy city turning its gears of time before his eyes. The upstanding men and women of this city are what make it truly unique. Noticing men with grease covered hands working on the next Ford model, he sends a paperboy over to them with a couple extra dollars so that they may enjoy a nice cold brew after work... Golem knew exactly what it was like to have a long day, he also knew exactly what it was like to have a relaxing evening with fellow co workers after such. 

Walking down Grace St, Golem noticed something he hadn't seen since he was a boy, an old trinket laying inside a flea market stall. It was a wooden crafted butterfly by an artist he hadn't came across since he was in California. His father used to tell him that butterfly's are gods way of reaching out and letting us know that life is gentle, life is tough, but mostly, life is beautiful if you allow it to be... just like the butterfly. Golem smiled as he walked up to the vendor to buy the art work. What made this butterfly so unique is the initials "TDW" was etched into the underside. The artists name was Theodore Daniel Willowsby; a renowned artist for his exceptional wood working skills. It was rumored that at one point in time he had an affair with a woman named Alexus Carrell. A well known surgeon on the west coast originally from France. Golem didn't follow much into gossip in those days, he mainly kept to his belongings and worked for his father in the bottling factory tending to broken or chipped milk bottles as they came back from delivery.

Continuing down Grace St, Golem was suddenly grabbed by the arm from a frightened woman.. bug eyed and scared she pleaded with the man to help her get away from her dreadful husband who was once again drunk and looking to beat on her. Golem rushed her to a known safe haven for his family and friends.. "Donnie's" HQ. It was as safe a place as any for someone with a troubled heart and a mind that needed mending. The woman sat and began to sob crocodile sized tears into her hands as she covered her face in shame. Golem consoled her, stuffed her pockets with $1000 and instructed an HQ guard to care for her, and to send a message to her husband. Nodding in agreement, the two men helped her into a back room to wash up and pay her husband a lovely visit for the evening. 

Golem was tired, he was tired of the bullshit lifestyle that so many had been living in the Motor City, he knew it was time for a shakeup, he knew it was time for a new horizon! As he called a cab to come back home, he decided it was time to open a business of his own. As he pondered he knew not just any business would do... it HAD to be special. 

As the Taxi comes to a halt outside of his flat, he looks up and the thought finally smacks him in the face as if it were a friend awakening him for being late to work... Detroits own European art import. Golem had many connections in Europe during his stint as a sailor in the US Navy when he was a lad. It was time for him to put some of those old connections to use finally. He had somewhat of a standing with folk who knew a thing or two on keeping a keen eye on the customs importation laws and regulations officers who handled every single piece of imported mail, package, shipping container and alcohol import for the great state of New York. It was time to give them a ring and remind them of all the favors Golem had provided while in the service for the great country.

Golem looked back at the cabbie and slide him a ten dollar bill... he smiled and started to head inside to begin his arrangements and phone calls to the appropriate liaisons offices. Tomorrow is going to be a great day.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"I've had enough", Glenmir thought to himself. Enough work, enough fighting...He was going to do something for himself this week. A recent turn of events had found him in an entirely different part of the country, but he etched out the time to return to Detroit to catch up with an old friend. Stepping off the plane, he feels the warmth of the sun hit his face and knew this was just what he needed. Good times and good friends. That's what he's been missing. 

"Where to now, Sir?" His driver asks, reaching into the back seat to offer him a smoke. "Grace Street...and take the long way" Glenmir replied smiling while lighting the cigarette. As they drove, his mind raced back to when he was young. Fighting kids from the other districts for bragging rights, snatching purses for spending cash and how special it was when that girl from Chicago he was sweet on finally kissed him. As they passed the square where the flea market and grocery stores were, he tells the driver to stop at the coffee shop and then their destination would be up a few blocks on the right. 

"Golem! You Son of a Bitch!" Glenmir shouts as he catches a glimpse of Golem through the shudders. Once inside, he approaches his old friend at his desk and sets down a bottle of aged east coast whiskey, when he notices something that catches his eye. "Nice touch my friend, first class. I know a few old gangsters that would be real proud." he says as he gently sets the wooden trinket back down and helps himself to a seat across from Golem. "I heard you were here! and unless my eyes are fooling me, you are doing great! European artwork?! I just couldn't believe it. I had to come see for myself. Where are the guns, drugs, and women? have we strayed that far from the path?" he said laughing heartily. Pouring the two of them a glass, he looks across the desk, "C'mon lets have one. Where has the time gone, my friend. Here is to omertà and loyalty". Finishing the glass, he grabs and turns the trinket over one more time and a devilish smile consumes his face. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Golem's Adventures
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL