Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:55:14
Page:  1 
The Star-Examiner | October 23 '20 | REVIVAL EDITION Started by: Dominic_P_Strollo on Oct 24, '20 03:56

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗-𝕰𝖝𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖗

Friday, October 23 1920                    "The Mafia's Number One Journal of the Times"                    Vol. 3, Issue 1

Editor's Note: Welcome to the revival issue of The Star-Examiner. This paper, started by an ancestor of mine named SamAdams and later run by another forefather by the name of Dominic, has been the pre-eminent newspaper in our organization in recent times. It is famous for exposing all that deserves to be in the public eye, great interviews with the Mafia's leading criminals, and timely reports on breaking stories. Speaking of interviews, that is today's focus. The new don of Detroit, Mr. TaylorBrown, has kindly agreed to give us a few minutes of his time. You can expect interviews with leaders in other parts of the country in issues to come! I hope you enjoy the third run of The Star-Examiner!

Looking to get word out about something? Have a service to offer? A business that needs patrons? Advertise in The Star-Examiner! Send a telegram to the editor with your advert today! PRICE: $50,000 for ads under 30 words. $1,000 per word after that. Maximum of 100 words. Larger ads will be considered sponsored stories with larger fees.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Inside The Motor City by Dominic P. Strollo

(DETROIT) - The city of Detroit was entirely wiped out in the recent war, except for Mr. Taylor Brown's family, located in the 12th Street neighborhood. Upon the death of Godfather-Chairman Tetley, Mr. Brown assumed the top spot in the city and moved his operation to Bricktown, the central area in Detroit. His RHM, TheMorrigan, was soon given the authorization to set up his own crew in the Corktown area, and RedXIII in 12th Street. We caught up with Don Brown this afternoon. An Englishman, Mr. Brown says that he "was raised in the rough neighborhoods of London, started working the docks for a gang called The Gentlemen, I was tasked to run their smuggling racket. When WWI started I enlisted for King George V's army and fought in mainland Europe for three years. As the Americans gave us relief I got a telegram my former gang was pushed out of business. I snuck aboard a US Navy vessel and made my way to Detroit."

Mr. Brown says that he is still unsure why he received the authorization to set up his own operation in Detroit. Whatever the reason, the war, which he calls "the most successful and cleanest removal in the history of the Mafia," claimed his betters and peers in Detroit, leaving the smouldering city to him. His reaction? "I wish shocked as truthfully I was content with just the district, turf and power has never been something I strive for. Just enjoyment of being a criminal and working with great people." He soon, as I mentioned before, dispatched two trusted people to the remaining two districts of the city. When we asked Mr. Brown about his choices, he had this to say: "TheMorrigan was my RHM, my ancestors showed hers the ropes when they first joined the criminal underworld so it was an obvious choice. RedXIII and myself have worked together our entire lives, though I don't have any experience with his ancestors I wanted to take the chance on him as he's worked hard his whole life and was DonnieBrasco-'s rhm. It was fitting he help restore 12th."

Detroit appears to be a city that is quickly getting back to business after the war that claimed so many lives. We wish Mr. Brown and his family the best of luck!

Interested in writing an editorial? A more permanent position? Just have a juicy tip? Send a telegram to the editor today! If you want to remain anonymous, we will respect your wishes.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Street Talk

The streets have been bustling with people as of late, both dead and alive. Once the dead ones were removed to their places of eternal repose, the live ones were treated to several announcements regarding newly-established crews. Meanwhile, Don Brown has been encouraging Mobsters to establish legitimate and non-legitimate business ventures in the business district.

NOTE: In the future, a Personnel Department will be included in this publication. If you or someone you know has been promoted to Made Man or a position of authority, or has passed on from this life, please let us know. There is no charge.

The Star-Examiner                  Written and Published in Detroit, MICH                  Dominic_P_Strollo, Editor

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Herbert walked up to the stand and slapped down the money for the paper as well as a few coins extra as a tip. He was still getting acquainted with the news around the country and it always helped to have something like this to stay informed. He always wondered how it was that there was a legitimate paper telling stories about non legitimate business matters but it never seamed to faze anyone else and it had been going on for many a generation so he decided to let the thought go. Half the time the police force in the city hardly did their job anyways, he thought to himself. Why just the other day there were people being murdered left and right but you hardly ever saw anyone go away to the click for to long. Maybe it was all just good lawyers. 

Herbert shook his head as he felt his thoughts had digressed and he had finally stumbled upon a nice park bench to sit down and read. Sitting down he flipped open the pages of the paper and began to read through the articles. He found the information on Detroit to be the most entertaining and informative of all. He thought he may need to contact the editor to get his own story in one of these days or potentially submit a sample of writing. For the time being thought it was time for a coffee and to head on out to start collecting envelopes for the day. 

He the folded the paper under his arm and walked off. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Meliodass picks up a paper on her way to work and reads it.

"Ooo... How cool would it be if someone interviewed me too!"

But then she remembers she's not good at talking with people.

"Well, nevermind."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Star-Examiner | October 23 '20 | REVIVAL EDITION
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL