Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:39:15
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Acquiring RP points the easy, but "brute" way Started by: Dokuhebi on Oct 27, '20 16:34

The idea: The idea is simple. Once a player dies, his/her Business thread will be avaiable to be taken over. It will be highlighted as "Vacant" at the BDF. There will be certain requirements such as: Minimum RP points yourself, minimum tips (Full bribes), a price to be payed and other requirements might be included, such as rank.

Once you take over the business, an automatic reply will be pinned in the thread stating the place is under management and from this point forward, you will start receiving its RP points, and this adding it to your city and district, but for this to work, you must write a well elaborated reply and RPing the take over, and OFC, maintain the joint over the time.

This will permit lazy RPers to actually bring points to his city/district in a "easy" way. The catch is that this feature will enforce RPers from the deceased fellow's city/district to actually rush in and take the business theirself. It will actually enforce both cities and districts to rush in, elevating RPing numbers.

Considering the benefits from being the #1 RP city/district, this will also add up the necessity to take over the joint.

Now, after 7 day from the take over, if the invader keeps the place going, all replies will be erased from before the take over and the thread will be transfered into the invader's home city BDF. If he fails to keep it up, the business will be removed from him and will be marked as vacant once again, fallowed by a personal message stating that "The management doesn't trust you enought to keep the facede/front for your business in X city".

The main point is that this feature will turn things a little more busy and will demand teams of RPers to colaborate. After all, the prize for having the most RP points worth the trouble.

And OFC this will be something the power council will have influence over, but never PROHIBITING it, just regulating the way it goes. Keep in mind that fronts for ilegal business were raided all the time.

To counter the take over, the the previous owner's city will have the option to sabotage your take over using the option to buy it off, for a said price, based on how much RP points the business generates over a certain period of time, attacking it for a amount of money, on each attack reduces a little bit of RP points untill it doesnt generates anymore of those gold points. And OFC, things can be talked down, which is why the invader will have the option to abandom said business.

One last thing. A player can only take over ONE, or maybe TWO, business, but write/own as many as his fingers and brain can put together. But new business take a few time to start generating RP points, and business taken over will generate immediatly.

Now heres the PROs and CONs:

PROS: 

- Since this is a TEXT BASED ROLE PLAYING GAME, this feature will allow more dinamic events and will stimulate the usage of RP in this world of ours;

- This feature could, and i bet will, be used as a war tactic post take over, where the attacker city will simply be abble to rob the attacked city's spoils for RP points and its benefits;

- The buy-out feature will remove cash from game, also the attacks;

- The take over also removes cash from the game;

- Lazy RPers will be abble to actually contribute to the family. Read "lazy" as in those players who cant spend much time writing stuff;

- If a new born city doesnt have the money to buy-out the invader our attack the business, or simply the power to talk things down, then it will be forced to write even newer business;

CONS:

- Due to the dynamic which rules this world, where the comunity actualy can regulate many features by their own, City rules might be imposed and players frawned upon abusing this feature, and perhaps, it gets prohibited by the power council;

- This feature might take some time to be coded and integrated, as well as real world money;

- No other cons i can imagine;

Well, the idea is raw, so suggestions are always welcome.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

Dakuhebi.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I agree with a minimum of RP points to be had before taking over a business. I also agree with the fact that you need to purchase a business, where the cost would be in function of how much popularity that thread had.

If one can take over a vacant business, they should not reap the benefits of past posts, just the future ones, meaning that after the RP post of an acceptable length made by the purchaser has been posted, then the future RP points generated by the future replies can kick in. 

However, a con this brings is vision. This means that someone with wealth can purchase many business districts and reap the benefits of increasing their vision drastically and because vision is one of the most powerful stats in MR, I think the amount of businesses that can be purchased should be limited. I'd say not more than 1-2 per city can be purchased by one person. Furthermore, I think a time limit should be imposed as to when a business can and cannot be purchased. I think a week after the past occupier has died should be more than enough of a time limit. 

As to upper structures not letting their members do this, you have to remember that if this becomes a feature, upper structures cannot ban a feature. 

I think this idea is fucking fantastic. I hope some version of this will be implemented. It would add more diversity to the game and further solidifies MR as being a RP game. 

Report Post Tip

I like it... though, i would add that the OP should have first dibs, like, have a mourning period where the OP's "Child" is allowed to come in and take over running "Daddy's business".

Report Post Tip

I wish I could come in the business of my daddy, Misty_Wyn ;)

Report Post Tip

Thanks for your reply Honesty and Misty.

Yes, the idea is 1-2 business taken over by the attacker. I like the idea about the RP points from pre-take over to go to the home city of the dead player. Points after the take over then goes to the atttacker.

About Misty's reply, i'd say that a time required before you would be abble to take the business would simply prevent it from happening, the main aspect of the idea is turning the RP a lot more dynamic and cared for. More players will have importance, perhaps we will have what it's called RProes lol.

Jokes apart, every idea/opinion is important. Thanks for your time. 

:)

Report Post Tip

Just food for thought, so coming off of the regimes we've had for the past few years, is it outside of the realm of possibilities that we have users who will just wholesale slaughter those to get some extra vision, thus causing a RPers to stop wanting to make themselves a target and stop all business district activities?

It only takes 1-2 regimes to fuck up the will to use an aspect of a game or the game itself and it can have severely long lasting effects.  I love the idea, dont get me wrong, I just don't think we should add in incentives to kill off the creative users, because if any of the past few regimes have shown me - its that a feature like this can start off with good intentions, then we quickly find ourselves with 0 people willing to put in any effort into the forum because it will get them killed by someone who thinks getting a few points in their temp info is a great prize for wiping out months of hard work of someone who otherwise is not a threat in any capacity.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Squishy - Just to be sure we're on the same page, what I'm gonna write will be in accordance to the modifications I suggested:

You - Just food for thought, so coming off of the regimes we've had for the past few years, is it outside of the realm of possibilities that we have users who will just wholesale slaughter those to get some extra vision, thus causing a RPers to stop wanting to make themselves a target and stop all business district activities?

Me - If one can take over a vacant business, they should not reap the benefits of past posts, just the future ones, meaning that after the RP post of an acceptable length made by the purchaser has been posted, then the future RP points generated by the future replies can kick in. 

I'm just trying to understand the strategic aspect of it. I think you'd agree with me that, if it comes to what your vision depicts, regimes will shoot the business owners to get extra vision. With my proposal, I don't see how that's really possible? They wouldn't get any benefits from past posts, only future ones. So, in a time of war and whatnot, there would be no benefit to shooting a business owner just to get access to their thread's vision bonus. To do what you think might happen, they'd have to shoot a bunch of business owners in advance, take over their business, then have people keep coming into their shop. Wouldn't that... you know... be a declaration of war even before war starts? Meaning there's no upside to this as there is no advantage because they'd go to war before they'd even reap the benefits? So I don't see why this would happen. With this restriction, I think it may be outside of the realm of possibility, unless you can make me think of something I haven't.

Hey Izzy, glad to see you here :)

I was about to write the same thing as Honesty, the way i see it, there are no imediate benefits, because the points/vision will start to flow in after a certain period of time.

I think Honesty pretty much enlighted it.

Report Post Tip
I think I missed the keyword of NOT when I read it, heh. This makes it a lot less scary-what-ifs for me.

What about those who come back and run their business with their new character. This would negate that possibility or at the very least make them have to pay to keep their work. That just doesn't seem fair to the original poster. 

Report Post Tip

That's not true. The original post even said that there's a time period allocated where the son/daughter can claim their father/mother's business. Also, I don't see why they would have to pay to keep what they worked to create?

Pardon me, OP didn't say it, Misty did.

Report Post Tip

I get the idea of reviving old posts and making competition.  I just don't see it as fair to the original poster or their intellectual work. 

If the purpose is  to declutter the BD then maybe a deletion policy should be implemented.  After the post is dead for X set amount of time it is deleted. I know some of my old work is still up from near a year ago. 

I just don't think you can convince me that it is appropriate in any way for others to benefit from another persons work.

Squishy

I was wondering if this suggestion was still in the works, if it was rejected, or if maybe you need help finding ideas to figure out how to properly implement it. I thought it would've been a great addition to the game, so just wondering where we are with this suggestion. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Acquiring RP points the easy, but "brute" way
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL