Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:46:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Kit Kat Kard Klub Started by: Monkey_Schrute on Oct 28, '20 14:41

Smithy noticed her little smile, it made him smile back. He forgot that he was wearing his glasses but he gave her a little wink, but the glasses probably hid that.

"A cup of coffee sounds lovely, maybe we could make it Irish."

He chuckles softly then realizes his shades were on, then he takes them off and places them on his shirt collar.

"Maybe we could have the coffee upstairs, if you are hungry?"

He wasn't very hungry, but if Angela was, then he could probably eat.

Report Post Tip

Angela studied Smithy carefully, her head tilted to the side as she did it. He looked a little... off.

"Irish, sure thing, coming right up. Are you alright? You look tired." She placed a hand on his arm.

"I'm happy to cook something for you, I don't really need anything, myself." They were near the bar already, so she only had to lean over it to ask the girl there for 2 Irish coffees. The drinks were prepared quickly, and Angela handed one over to Smithy.

"Here you are. Strong and hot and- " She stopped and smiled up at him. "So. What's got you frazzled? Have you even slept?"

Report Post Tip

Smithy looked at Angela and smiled softly.

"I'm alright, I guess the flight was a little tiresome."

He placed his other hand on hers, then looked at her.

"I'm not very hungry to be honest, so we could just enjoy our coffees, but I promise to let you know if I get hungry if that's a fair compromise?"

He chuckled and took a small sip from his coffee.

"Are you flirting with me Angela?"

He wasn't sure if he said that out loud or not, but he didn't have his shades on so there was no way to play it off.

"I got a little bit of sleep. How are you feeling?"

Report Post Tip

The direct question made her pause a moment, but there wasn't a good way to evade it. Not when you looked that guilty.

"Maybe I am." She smiled again and led him to a table, for the time being. "Sit down and relax. I'm sorry your flight gave you grief. I don't care for flying, myself, but I sure seem to be doing a lot of it lately." She drank some of her coffee, doing her best not to gasp at the quantity of whiskey the bartender had splashed into it. When she looked over at the girl, she winked at Angela, as if she'd done her some huge favor. Angela sighed, shaking her head slowly.

"I'm doing okay I suppose. More busy than I'd like to be. There's just never enough time in a day, do you know what I mean? There's always something needing done, needing taken care of. Of course you know what I mean, you're a crew le-  a business owner." She'd lowered her voice at the last part, but the club wasn't very busy, and no one was listening in on them anyway.

Report Post Tip

Smithy realized he said it out loud since she responded to it, he started smiling and followed her over to the table, then sat down.

"I guess there are good flights and bad flights."

He took another sip, noticing that there was a lot of whiskey in there, he didn't notice that on his first sip, but he didn't complain.

"There never seems to be enough hours in the day that's for sure."

He looked over at her smiling softly.

"I reall like your place."

In the back of his mind there was a little voice telling him "That's the best you could say!" He was certain a little more of the coffee would fix his awkwardness.

Report Post Tip

Angela smiled right back at him. "I'm glad you like it. It means you'll likely stop by whenever you're in my neck of the woods. No need to pass out at the local lighthouse, when you can do it right here!" She laughed and gave him a nudge, hoping he didn't take it the wrong way. Angela had found herself in some equally dumbfounding circumstances, probably many more of them than Smithy ever had, and she didn't even have booze to use as an excuse for it. It was just sort of how her life went. 

"I need to visit your place again soon. I promise I won't murder anyone in there this time. Has Gino learned any new songs to whistle?" 

Report Post Tip

Smithy smiled brightly at Angela when she mentioned he could stop by anytime he was in this neck of the woods, that made him happy. Without thinking he just said the first thing that went through his head.

"That sounds like a good time to me."

He just realized what he said and wasn't sure if he could say something else before she'd notice.

"I don't want to wake up at a lighthouse not knowing how I got there again."

He smiled softly and looked at her.

"He's been whistling the same old tunes for a while now."

Smithy takes another sip from his coffee as he started to notice it was more whiskey than coffee now, but he didn't mind, he was with someone he felt comfortable with.

"Sure is lots of whiskey in the coffee."

He chuckled softly

Report Post Tip

Hey Smithy

I have an idea

what about inventing a confection, two sticks of chocolate coating wafer biscuit.

We can call them kit kats and can diversify by adding peanut butter etc.

what do you reckon?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Kit Kat Kard Klub
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL