Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:04:21
Page:  1 
Codes of Conduct- Aspirations for the Future Started by: Giyu on Oct 29, '20 15:45

Giyu walked through the streets, the sight of the recent huge war was almost erased, only a few traces of what had happened across the land was visible at this point. Reconstruction was well on its way and the new leadership had done a fantastic job keeping this world together during these new times of growth.

Although growth was rapid, Giyu noticed some uncertainty and skepticism in some mobsters faces. People whispered and feared a repeat of past regimes, where bloodlining and a complete disregard for most mobsters in this world ran unchecked. The mental scars still hadn't faded and much work needed to be done to make people at ease.

Giyu approaches the soap box Herbert had used a week ago and stands on it while he waits for the masses to gather round and listen to what he has to say.

Ladies and Gentleman across the land. It has been a week to the day since a joint effort took place to remove the old regime and start anew. Reconstruction has started off strong and I see more and more people working together than ever before.

I know some of you may have concerns about the future, this world has a bad stigma implanted by the old regime that hasn't gone away yet.  To make everyone feel at ease all the leaders across the land have been working together on codes and standards to live by going forward.

I hope that with what I am about to present today we can put your minds at ease and show you that we are serious about taking steps to improving the way of life for everyone. Following many discussions as crew leaders across the cities I hope I can succinctly talk through the main roles within this world and our expectations for each of them. 

Lets move forward together.

The City Structure

The Associate:

The life blood of this thing of ours, a member should be respectful and follow their family rules. They should be loyal to a leader who has earned it and in peace times earn, interact and grow with the crew. In war time be ready to actively be involved in hostilities and do as the upper structure asks.

Made and above:

You have proven your loyalty to the family and you are now a fully fledged member of the trusted circle. You should be ready to guide associates and earn in peace time and in war time ensure that you fight to the death for your family.

Upper Structure and Sponsors:

These should be advisors to the leader but also a big link between leader and crew. The upper structure should have a good relationship with all members and understand what goals each member is trying to achieve in the six cities. Once understood they should encourage and help members reach said goals.

A Leader:

Needs to lead. They need to earn the trust and loyalty from their members and ensure their protection is paramount. They should be in close contact with other leaders of the city and have friendly interactions with other leaders around the country to ensure business runs smoothly and money flows in. They should be loyal to their Godfather and assist in any way they can in the running of the city.

A Godfather:

is the face of the city, the diplomatic heart. Godfathers should be concerned with ties around the cities and ensuring their city will continue to flourish and grow. They should be seen as someone to be respected and comport themselves in a way that earns that respect. They should listen to advice from leaders and upper structure but then make a decision and ensure everyone follows. How can my city be better? Should be the question on their mind.

A GFC:

Is a first among equals, but can be outvoted on city matters by the other two Godfathers of the city in diplomatic/general city issues.
A GFC has the right to take control of all martial forces of the city if the city is attacked without a prior vote or acknowledgement of the other GFs

The Council

A Godfather council should meet regularly with any one of the district heads representing their city views. Diplomatic problems should be discussed and sorted respectfully. At no point should a city interfere with another internal business or members.

A full council meeting of all district heads can be called in a crisis or if there is a large event that affects the whole country which needs discussion on.

The Streets

Respectful views, ideas and criticism in the streets or through mail are welcome and should be taken on board by leaders and discussed.

Friendly street competitions between families and cities should be encouraged.

Street presence is encouraged, please let your full personalities be unleashed. The streets should be alive again with the sounds of mobsters being mobsters.

Bullying and belittling others will not be tolerated in the streets, if this occurs the crew leader will be responsible for educating and (for repeat offenders) punishing said person for this offense. An unscrewed bully is the responsibility of every city.

Rogues

Rogues are an unfortunate event in the six cities but they do happen for a reason.

The Rogue may not trust their current leader; may be simply bored with this thing of ours or may be settling scores because of past lineage actions.The leadership will work hard to ensure that no one will feel the need to rogue because of the reasons I have just outlined.

We ask that a rogue who wishes to settle scores because of something someone's ancestor has done to them experience the current atmosphere of the six cities and decide whether chasing revenge over lifetimes is worth it or can they finally let the offense go.

Once a rogue is set up a coordinated defense of all cities is called for and communication will be key. Leaders should ensure their members safety then direct their hitters to hunt down and terminate the rogue in an efficient manner.

City Hall

City Hall's comments, suggestions and criticisms will be taken on board by the leadership and acted upon for the betterment of the community. There is a hope that City Hall involvement will need to be negligible and that they can concentrate on making the country a better place for every mafioso.

Hit Squads

The leaders of a city have the right to ask how well their members are doing in training to be killers. The results of these questions should only be shared with city leaders and HSL of the city in question. They should NOT be viewed by anyone else, especially outside the city.

Lineage

There is no need at any stage to ask 'who were your ancestors?' Trust should be earned and given on the current iteration of the lineage and nothing else.
The question "how experienced are your family line?" Is quite different and is used to gauge how much help a member will need in moving forward. Whether more care or time from a sponsor or upper structure member will need to be put in to help that member flourish.
On the same coin, no one should feel the need to hide. If you wish your ancestors name to be back in the streets again and wear it loud and proud be our guest. Leaders should only take into consideration what the person has currently done and not their lineage.

The P word

Under no circumstances should a member be punished or killed because of who their ancestors were or what they did. Nor should a crew member be killed because they reached a certain age and a leader does not trust them. If it has got to that point it is the leader who is at fault for not interacting, communicating and creating a loyal solider for their family.

Movement

A respectful request by an associate should allow the member to move families to where they feel more comfortable. Some leaders will reserve the right to refuse.
A made member should serve the family for life. However if circumstances permit then a full sit down between leaders and with a discussion on compensation it may be feasible to allow a member to change families. Movement between cities can happen in rare exceptional circumstances and only with agreement between city heads.

Made Ceremony

Every family is different but becoming made should be an honorable badge that is earned and appreciated.
Some leaders have a whole ceremony planned out whilst others have a quiet congratulations. In any case it should be an event to be celebrated and an honor and treated as such by associates, upper structure and leaders.
Once this contract has been entered to willingly by Leader and associate it bonds the two together for life in family and blood.

War

Every city has the right to go to war to defend itself or if given reason to. This should be decided by the Godfathers and the city should follow.
Any dead mafioso funerals should be respected, offenders should be punished.
A respectful notice should be posted by the victors giving the reason the war took place. No one should have to die for no reason.
A Made member whose family is attacked who then sets up a HQ is not a rogue. They are fighting for their family and as such should be treated as a war enemy combatant and with much respect as anyone.
Once threats are eliminated all associates should be given time to find a home. Mafioso seen disregarding protection orders should be educated and repeat offenders punished.

Rule Breakers - Internal Affairs

Rules will be broken and bad apples come around from time to time. When a rule is broken, the leader of the offender should be notified and held responsible for their reprehension and/or punishment. The punishment should be at the discretion of the leader and their structure. Cross-city justice should only occur in extreme circumstances, where the offender is a threat to cause damage to the other cities.

Transparency

In an effort to be as transparent as possible about member deaths, if the leader has knowledge of why the member was killed this should be mentioned respectfully in a funeral.
Members dying without reason or their kin not given the respect to understand why they were killed should not be tolerated.
A simple "RIP - No Witness Statement Needed - Violation of crew rules" or "No W/S needed - Retired, enjoy your time in the next world" should suffice for interested parties.

Report Post Tips: 59 / Total: $2,060,000 Tip

Hopefully your words will be acted on by all. I do think, as many others do, that the past regime had little notion of respect, and if not, then none. 

Of course, words are words and the only thing that speaks for words is action. There should be no leader of a city/district that is okay with their auths being continuously wiped. Their auths are supposed to be chosen in accordance to the trust established between the auth and said leader and not meant to be placeholders with a fate already signed by Death. 

Furthermore, I do understand that secrecy has to be held at some level. Evidently, this isn't a democracy and omertà exists for a reason. However, when "leaders" decide to continuously contain secrecy without any base explanation of events that have taken place because of their decisions and, at the very least any acknowledgment, it comes to no surprise why/when people of lesser status take matters into their own hands. After all, there is no leadership among ghosts; only among life do people take interest in and only in life can businesses and other affairs be lively. 

This speech and establishment of a decorum is definitely a step in the right direction, but it is only a step. I wish to see, as stated before, that your declarations today - probably with the agreement of the other leaders - will be true and continue to hold true. The last regime has distraught mine and others' notion of mafioso, so believing in another regime will take time, but with these rules acted upon, such a notion can be rebuilt. 

I thank you and the other leaders that will take the initiative to abide by this decorum.

Before Honesty leaves to tend to his sugarbush, he hands a bottle of maple syrup to Giyu as a symbol of good faith and good taste. 

Report Post Tip

The crimes of previous regimes are still imprinted upon these very streets. The stains of the blood they spilt will not wash away for some time — the memories will last even longer. We must ensure that these events will not be forgotten. Such memories and recollections of troubling times must be retained. They must embolden any (succeeding) regime to ensure that the events recalled will never again occur. The books of the history of this thing of ours must always contain this stark, blackened page of our history. Every regime, old or new, will need to acknowledge it and take heed of the warning it represents. This time of disloyalty and dishonour, this perfidious conspiracy to destroy the foundations of this thing of ours, must never return. 

Trust must be restored. More importantly: honour must be restored to these shores. The concepts and principles of loyalty, family and honour have been diluted and diminished for some time. This will, perhaps, not be an easy or especially quick process. The magnitude of the dishonour and distrust that has infected our ways has ensured that its traces will linger for some time to come. We are not the same that we have been, either in our families, in our business dealings, in our loyalties or in the sacredness of our oaths. But all of this can be overcome. 

I am pleased — overjoyed, to be more precise — to see our Leaders come together to craft from the forges of precedence and tradition, a code defined by common sense and a strong moral character. It is heartening to see such a step to see the leaders from all across the land come together to take the first step in rehabilitating the most fundamental principles of this thing of ours — loyalty and the sanctity of family — and, perhaps equally as importantly, restoring trust in them. I have previously expressed my high expectations in this set of men and women to bring back a degree of respectability and integrity to a world in which it, not so long ago, was sorely missing. This announcement here today has emboldened my belief in the future. The worst has passed, and the best is yet to come. I thank you, Don Giyu, and all of the other leaders of operations across the country.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $230,000 Tip

Magnolia had been strolling through the streets of New York when she heard a rather familiar voice preaching from the street corner. She hesitated for a moment and was just about to continue on with her day but something inside of her pulled her towards the voice. Pushing her way through the crowd, bumping elbows with a couple of the people, she finally located said voice.

It was Giyu... it was someone that she hadn't known long but someone that she already had a ton of respect for. She stood there, arms crossed and listened as he laid things out. For her it was rather nice, a breath of fresh air one could call it. She had had her doubts for a bit coming to this country, figuring it would have been a lot safer to just stay back in the UK.

She figured the US would just crumble and burn to the ground, taking everything and everyone down with it. Was a process that seemed to be halted, thankfully.

Listening for a bit longer, she waited until he finished before speaking directly to him from her little spot in the crowd.

"Giyu... It's rather nice to see a leader venture into the streets like this. Someone to actually lay out expectations, someone who actually seems like they care for more than just themselves. I am for one looking forward to seeing to not seeing just New York thrive but the country as a whole get back to greatness."

With nothing more than a simple head nod, Magnolia made her way back through the crowd and back onto her main mission. Finding Rick_Rude a proper pair of pants.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Asher steps up.

"Firstly I would like to say thank you to Don Giyu for his speech"

"I would also like to clear up a few things up, as over the last few weeks I have heard certain buzz words and phrases being used in the wrong context  and it is bloody annoying".

"A Rogue". "The definition of a rogue, is someone that has acted against their family and have gone rogue and started shooting people. Its not someone that has been shot at and decides to shoot back"

"A Purge". "This is when a small group of people or an individual have been targeted due to bloodline, age or no real reason"

"A Take down". This is when a city or crew have been removed, this happens because this is the life we chose, it comes with risks"

"I would like to leave you with some final words. If anyone decides to come into my city and shoot at one of my members without permission. This will be seen as an act of war. I would expect nothing less from the other city heads in the same situation"

Asher walks off 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

"I would like to thank Giyu for his speech and Asher for his clarification of the community buzz words. I want to thank everyone who participated in the regime change in this thing of ours. We can now move forward and allow cities to run themselves like the good old days, my father used to tell all these stories of his ancestors."

"I am confident in the current regime that things will never revert back on their watch!"

Report Post Tip

Cinnamon hears a friendly kerfuffle whilst busking on the streets, and swings his guitar onto his back. As he locates the source of the noise, Cinnamon stands in the crowd and lights a joint, listening intently as Giyu makes an empassioned speech, nodding along the more Giyu spoke. All to soon, however, the speech was concluded. Listening to the resulting replies, Cinnamon even finds himself nodding along with those.

Don Giyu, I too wish to convey my thanks for stepping out here to relay the intentions and vision of the leaders as a whole. It's a fine vision, and one I hope all will be able to get behind - from the most powerful GFC, right down to the lowly street thug.

There has been much too much bloodshed and suspicion of late. Having a declaration such as this is a great step in the right direction to rectifying some of the hurt and mistrust still lingering, and I applaud you for being the one to come out and share this vision. I fully support the direction you wish to lead this thing of ours, and I look forward to trying to help heal our world.

Raising a hipflask to toast the occasion, Cinnamon shouts "Salute!" before taking a large swig and steps back to allow other contributors the opportunity to speak.

Report Post Tip

It is quite the long speech, but it is one that will be remembered for some generations. Many people when they reach the top, they just want to stay there through any means necessary. It seems most regimes get to the top through whatever way is possible, then all they want to do is stay there, which is reasonable, but when you begin to kill people reaching a certain age, or based on their bloodlines, maybe your reign isn't as grand as you always imagined.

I thank you Don Giyu and the entire Council for writing & sponsoring this. I think the streets will be more active now that the former regime is no longer alive. No longer will people have to worry about saying the wrong thing and catching a bullet. (Hey Kuku, Grin!). Dozens of people in the past have been murdered for words on the streets or in the cafe lounge that haven't been inappropriate, but rather hurt the ego or feelings of specific people in power.

It's nice to finally see a true structure being put out and agreed upon by all the city heads and leaders. I salute you and everyone involved in this. I hope to see how pleasant the future is.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I have to say it's refreshing for a leader to make their intentions known

rare, but refreshing.

I doff my cap in your direction.

Report Post Tip

A very encouraging display, Don Giyu. As part of the collaborate who took the power in this land, you are of course well within your right to wield that power however you choose. Your efforts to instill confidence in the wake of a more challenging climate will hopefully bring about a change of pace and a different way of thinking. Lead by example, be the change you want to see. Mantras which hopefully will be felt, not just heard. I had been drawing up a speech surrounding the benefits of elective leadership, by either ballot or gun, however it feels redundant as you bring about this clear example of how we can be operating.

By being the ones to lower your guard first, the desired result will hopefully be a rippling effect that washes over the bitterness that once existed. I hope a time of building will follow, where we can explore community driven initiatives without fear of it crashing down around us. 

The action is yours, the reaction isn't... this all depends on the quality of the action. Salut, Don Giyu.

Report Post Tip

I'm glad to see this has reached the streets for all to see. As discussed in the meeting I and the rest of Detroit give our full support and stand by this new way of life. These changes are for the prosperity of this thing of ours as a whole. For too long past regimes have only looked out for their survival and sadly that mindset has put our way of life into an endangered state with numbers dwindling. Hopefully this will set forth not only a new precedent but mark the beginning of a new golden era, one where we see our numbers bolstered once again.

Signed TaylorBrown & Co

Report Post Tip

Great word spken out to all.

Hope many read this great words and understand it and also likes it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I would like to thank Giyu for the hard work in getting this statement ready for the public and also Asher for clearing up a few choice words. I know some people are still weary about some things and hopefully in time everyone will see that this is a new day. It’s so wonderful to see so many players that were run off by the old regime return back.

I, along with my Las Vegas family whole heartedly support this new way of life.
Report Post Tip

Sadly for a long time, people's lines have been born into these continuing regimes our esteemed Don Giyu mentions and has slowly decimated our livelihoods and numbers   Newer blood has known no difference and sees this as normal, where many see it as a tragedy.   As a business we are reliant on fresh blood to carry forward our ways, traditions, and be the future many of us have wanted but have been powerless to do anything.    We have lacked information, clarity, and truth.

Many will not expect changes overnight, and some will have difficulty adapting to a new way of doing business, but  I hope many embrace it for the benefits and restoration of what a family is supposed to be, and how you can put your trust in a leader not to extinguish your efforts just due to your bloodline, gun size or activity.

It will be interesting watching how this is policed especially when the matter crosses cities, but I hope is a step in the right direction and is followed by the many.

I am an orphan so I can't speak for any ancestors or from any experience from family journals. I can say I was worried about coming to these shores.  As the boat rolled along the waves of the Atlantic there were many horror stories about the States being told.  This gave me great fear and trepidation about relocating here, especially as a orphan with no contacts at all.  She paused a bit nervous and hesitated as she took a deep breath.

As I listened to the original speech tears grew in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks unchecked with a great sense of relief washing over me. She took another breath pushing back the feeling of vulnerability she was feeling.  Hearing that the traditions of the homeland are going to be upheld makes me happy I decided to come to these shores. 

Report Post Tip
Fine words Don Giyu.

It will be interesting to see how these now codes are implemented. The evidence (streets, business, mobsters) will surely show if this promised change comes to fruition.

However, you have come out here and made a pledge that seems genuine, more than my bloodline has seen in more then a hot minute.

Gunther listened to his glorious leader speak. It was a moment of pride for him, to finally see some life coming back into the community he loved. Not only that, but that it was being brought back the right way. It would seem the dark times had finally passed, and there was a newfound sense of hope in the community.

"Couldn't have put it better myself overlord Giyu. We all thrive when we work together, and communicate. I hope that we, the entire community not just the Murder of Rogues, can thrive as a whole."

Gunther grinned wildly. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you, donfather Giyu for making this vision a reality and being the one to present it to the masses. It is no small feat to bring forward a document such as this and achieve universal support from the leadership across all six cities. What lends to the belief of seeing this vision through is the fact that all leaders had a chance for input and the process was not rushed. You did it the right way, to ensure that everyone had their chance to voice opposition or support before it became public knowledge, and I think that is key in the actions that will need to be taken in order to follow these guidelines in the future.

South Side, and Chicago as a whole, support these goals and stand beside you and the other leaders in our steadfast adherence to them. Thank you once again.

Thank you for taking the time and making this speech Don Giyu. Many people have suffered and the streets are still somewhat haunted by those who lost their lives to the previous regime. It's an honor to be working with you and the other wonderful leaders to make things better. Consider me and Summerlin, LV in agreement with the policies set forth.

Report Post Tip

Azathoth had been on these shores for as long as time could remember, but seeing such a well detailed explanation of things expected of this world was something of a rarity. Now that he had taken on the mantle of crew leader it was time for him to bring a bit of attention back to these important writings.

I am not a man of many words, but I believe it is important to never forget the past and always continue working towards a better future. It is my personal goal to make sure that myself and my district help in any way possible to continue carrying forward in the best ways possible and these words by Godfather Chairman Giyu and the others who helped create this new world will be used as my own personal reminder on what I can do to further these goals properly.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Codes of Conduct- Aspirations for the Future
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL