Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:47:12
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Expanding the Business Districts. Started by: JackMezzo on Oct 30, '20 21:31

I've always felt the BD could be expanded on to give more opportunities as to how we interact with it. I know I often conduct RP activities there, when I feel that the streets are getting a little overwhelmed with story threads. It would be nice to have something constructive, other than character development, to do there.

• One idea is to introduce Landmarks, which would be, at its most basic level, pinned threads depicting a particular landmark in that city. One per district would work well, and could be used as a great RP tool.

• Expanding on the idea, a way to tag threads to indicate they exist within a particular city district, within the same BD's would also be nice.

• This also opens to doors to drive control of a business district, the top five threads for example (by post, word count, number of unique poster, whatever attributes we have at our disposal) could become pinned threads, and generate greater benefits for the owners/district as long as they are pinned

• The same might also be possible with the landmarks, with district heads assuming ownership and benefiting if it is popular. The RP explanation would be they could be exploiting or controlling the commercial exchanges at that location. This could be combined with the popular pinned thread idea to greater effect.

I know some of these encourage spamming, but we have good controls and reporting measures in place now to discourage that. And these reports are not currently swamping us or a major issue, outside of the Outside forum.

Some are also harmless, which help RPers get the most out of the BD.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip
Anything to help RP meta.

RIP
Report Post Tip
I really like this idea and I think can definitely work well with the current cities available.

I’m not big into the RP stuff but I think this would be a natural progression to show even more pride in the cities.
Report Post Tip
Yeah, still for anything that improving the RP environment.

What about, activity incentives like hustle points or credit race? Not to insult the art of RPing as I very much enjoy and don’t think players should have to be rewarded to RP. However, it’s clear that if nothing is done then it will remain a nominal component of the game.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Expanding the Business Districts.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL